Guess whos back with a brand new.....OU Team

Hello everyone. I have been away from showdown for a while now because of other commitments but i have found some more time recently and thought i would come back and check out the OU stage once again. As Charizard was always my favourite pokemon as a kid (Whose wasn't?) I thought i would start there and build a team around v2.0 Mega-Charizard X

This team was designed to counter the Team Preview feature that often makes or breaks games. By choosing four pokemon that can run lead and a million different sets, I can equalize bad matchups by making opponents guess wrong early game and give me momentum.

upload_2014-6-26_11-8-25.png

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Garchomp is an awesome lead because of his unpredictability, my opponent doesn't know whether I'm running scarf, band, life orb, or sash. Garchomp has immense offensive pressure starting at turn one . He has a tendency to force switches early game because many people just don't want to take risk. I gave him a Focus Sash so Stealth Rock will be guaranteed most of the time. Fire Blast is for Scizor/Ferrothorn who often lead and are very annoying mid/late game. I like to put a big dent in them so they're much of less of hassle. In addition, Fire Blast nails Skarmory.

upload_2014-6-26_11-10-4.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

My Tyranitar is a trapper, the big guy easily neuters foes on the switch. It can easily switch into many special attackers in the tier who are locked into unfavourable attacks and deal massive damage to them with Pursuit as they switch out. Such Pokemon include Lati twins and starmie. With these Pokemon removed, other Pokemon such as Mega Charizard can sweep a lot more easily. Crunch is Tyranitar's main STAB; Crunch's chance to lower Defense also allows Tyranitar to come out on top in certain situations. Stone Edge is Tyranitar's most powerful attack, doing huge damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Low Kick rounds out the set, providing good coverage against Steel-types.

Manectric-Mega (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

In summary, Manetric is a simple offensive pivot. He switches in on an attack. Tanks it, and then switches out with a slow volt switch in order to keep momentum. Thunderbolt wrecks anything that isn't resistant or immune to electric and Hidden Power Grass is used for pesky ground types.

upload_2014-6-26_11-17-41.png

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 76 Atk / 180 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off

One of the best revenge killers in existence. Enough said. Deo-S takes care of Scarfers such as Chomp and Terrakion which give my team trouble. He also outspeeds Greninja and Keldeo. Deo-S can can heavily damage the former by taking advantage of a protean type change. And he can and OHKO the latter. Deo-S is just so good in the meta right now it's not even funny. He's a perfect mid-game cleaner and the alien builds off the momentum built by Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Manetric.

upload_2014-6-26_11-19-3.png

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand RushEVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Excadrill spins. He also gets a handy speed boost from T-Tar's Sand Stream. Not much else to say about him. I love Iron Head Flinchhax. Also, Air Balloon is for that oh so awesome ground immunity.

upload_2014-6-26_11-21-51.png

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

My physical sweeper and centerpiece of this team, Mega Charizard X has pretty good coverage and is able to do some serious damage once he gets a dance or two off. He serves as the first part of my FWG core and occasional lead. If possible, this is the one member of the team I’d like to avoid replacing, as he’s my favorite.

There we have it my first team in nearly 2 years so tell me what you think as i am definitely feeling rusty when it comes to this

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
may want to extend some of your descriptions to extend to 3 lines, or else a mod might lock this.

why do you have 2 megas? you cant have mega manec and megazardX on the same team. the easy solution to this is to replace manectric with thundurus, which actually doesn't make you lose too much except volt switch.

Thundurus @ life orb
Ability: Prankster
Evs: 252 Spa / 252 Spd / 4 Def
timid nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden power Ice

so yeah you can use that.

anyways, band TTar with hp and sdef investment...durrr. this team would rather you run near max attack with assault vest. idk where the set is, but you may want to find it, it is a really good set for this team.

Excadrill should not run SD and rapid spin...its just not very good with both. with the sand nerf this gen, i don't find SD exca too good for sweeping, i find it to be more of a sand revenge killer and a very threatening poke in general in the sand. You need spin support for megazardX, however, so i would recommend taking out SD in general from its moveset especially because you have zardX in the back. you can hit walls that could wall charizard and soften them up to ease a sweep. if you are going to spin on exca, run this set:

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
ability: Sand Rush
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock slide
- Iron head
- Rapid spin

Jolly charX is kind of irrelevant atm Since it can't outspeed scarfchomp and there is nothing else relevant it outspeeds except base 85-90 scarfers, which are uncommon atm. Or idiotic adamant scarfs. Switch it to a adamant nature, and there will be an amount of speed to put in HP i will post here later since i can't remember. also make sure immediately that you move the hp evs into a defensive stat.
i will continue this rate later. good luck.

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
I think I may suggest to change Garchomp's nature to one that doesn't drop his Sp.Attack. Because with a Sp.Attack reducing nature, there is a chance, a small one but still a chance, that he might not be able to 2HKO Skarmory with Fire Blast. He has a focus sash anyway, so a defense/sp.defense dropping nature (Lonely/Naughty) I would suggest more since he's not even invested in any defenses.

Also Jownage makes very good suggestions.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
forgot to say, also run EQ on ttar over low kick to answer mega mawile and bisharp, which otherwise 6-0 you at +2. also chomp runs naive nature, rather than a +attack nature.

dont make my head blow up 13bulbasaur :)

edit: band ttar needs max atk adamant to ohko mmawile, so theres that. i would still recommend switching to AV ttar tho.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your suggestions, all really helpful

You copied the descriptions/sets from Scarfed Raptor's RMT for Deoxys-S, Tyranitar, and Garchomp: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...66-on-the-ladder-u-fgts.3507315/#post-5536985. Not very original.
Yes i did, never claimed i did not, i also copied the descriptions of the other pokemons roles from elsewhere; There is no such thing as an original thought. I look for teams that are similar to what i am after and modify them for my own benefit. Its the easiest way to make a team for someone who is not a very good team builder

I'm not criticizing you, I'm just stating that you used it. Also, you should have some how mentioned that you used other people's descriptions because not doing so is plagerism (I am not saying that you will get in big trouble for this, but the people that you copied from will not be happy).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)