GSC Devamps

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Well, seeing as there are lots of different sprite packs being made, I wondered if anybody wanted to help me make one that involves devamping new pokemon to GSC standards? Personally, GSC was my favourite generation, and i still think that their sprites (although flawed in many ways) are the best of any generation.

Transparency would be nice but isn't required.

For anyone interested, a guide can be found here:
http://www.lugias-island.net/devamps/

If we finish this, I will rename all the files and put them in a .zip file

Sprites completed so far:

Froslass - BynineB

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
k sweet i will update the OP with anything you guys give me :)

Actually Bynine, could you possibly seperate those into individual sprites? Thanks

first try, wonder what should I change.

edit:
added latias

Edit2:
Indeed, they are fixed, but since they need to be resprited to match the true old format and colors number, I guess I'll left the job to who is able to do them.
I like her tbh

64x64 is the size limit
EDIT: The guide you have is a terrible example of how to do this. You can't recolor it, you actually need to resprite it.
EDIT2: Strike that, it's 56x56

64x64 is the GBA limit. G/S/C sprites could go up to 56x56.

Also EDIT: Cshadow, I love your G/S/C Swampert and Latias sprites.

I was actually planning on doing this a while back, hence the sprites. I have shiny and back sprites too, so just give the word.

They look like recolors that were shrunk to fit the size limitations :/
That's technically what a devamp is, altering the more advanced sprite to fit the limitations of a less advanced system. Creating a new sprite from scratch is, well a scratch. Plus with the way programs like Paint and Photoshop resize images the spriter will have to pretty much redraw the entire outline anyway.

Regardless of what you mean by the word devamp the gameboy generations of Pokémon games had a different style compared to the GBA and beyond generation. It's far easier just to make an original piece and it's also better practice for those involved. I never really did like the idea of taking work made by other people and messing around with it.

Regardless, Bynine has some good stuff going on in this thread. I hope others follow his example.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Bynine: The only problem I see is with your Yanmega. The far hind wing (the one on the tail) should probably be tucked behind the far front wing, since its placement now seems anatomically impossible. Your current sprite's curves are fine, but that wing makes it look like an impossible angle for a scorpion-esque stance.

other than that small detail, I'm very excited to see this take off (although I would have liked to have seen it before I posted my RMT. =P).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)