Got a lot of problems, so lets get started.

OK. I suck. This is for WiFi play.

Raichu@Focus Sash
Timid, 252 Sp. ATK, 252 SPE
-TBolt
-GKnot
-Nasty Plot
-Encore

Fantastic new Anti-Leadchu I have been using. Those pesky SR leaders may rocks down, but at a cost. Ninjask, Azelf, and MANY others all get Encored and Raichu gets a free set up or free switch. Has bailed me out of really bad situations, and my favorite Pokemon.

Celebi@Lefties
Bold, 252 HP, 56 Sp.Atk,74 Def, 124 Sp. Def
-TWave
-Leech Seed
-Psychic
-Recover

Bulky Wall type dealy? The only Celeb I have, so I am forced to work around its nature. Leech Seed forces switches, and often switches into a TWave. Psychic for Breloom, who I hate 0.0. Recover FTW. Bulky, sticks around and Para everyone it can.

Skarmory@Lefties
Impish, 252 HP, 252 Def? (Might have dumped some in ATK, but don't remember)
-Roar
-SR
-Drill Peck
-Roost

Standard. SR + Leech Seed support from Celebi works well.

Salamence@Specs
Timid, 252 SPE, 252 SP.ATK
-Dragon Pulse
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Hydro Pump

Standard. I prefer Timid.

Scizor @ Lefties
Adamant, 252 ATK, ??? (I dumped into Speed and HP)
Technician
-SD
-Bullet Punch
-X-Scissor
-Aerial Ace

A little spin on the overabused Scizor. Lefties gives it more staying power, which I have liked, and the Speed I put in allows it to outspeed OTHER Scizors. I like X-Scissor because it allows me to continue my sweep instead of GTFOing. Aerial Ace, with Tech Boost, provides neutral damage to other Scizors, and thats pretty much the only reason its there!

Arcanine@Life Orb
Adamant, 252 ATK, 252 SPE
Flash Fire
-ExSpeed
-Flare Blitz
-TFang
-Crunch/Iron Tail

Not Mixape, by a mile, but effective. Flare Blitz and ExSpeed are the major players, and provides good coverage vs. SkarmBliss while remaining a fast priority threat to clean up those who have suffered the wrath of SR + Leech. Comes in late game, usually. THINKING about Mixape here, but I love ExtremeSpeed.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your team is extremely weak to Mix-ape. I suggest adding Gyarados to help take care of him. It also help with synergy with Raichu.

Also I suggest hp fire over psychic on Celebi. It hits Breloom hard still and can help hurt steel types.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
I've noticed that Taunt Gyarados with Ice Fang/Waterfall/Dragon Dance/Earthquake or Taunt can be quite a pain for your team. With Taunt, Gyarados prevents your Celebi from using Thunder Wave or Leech Seed against it, enabling Celebi to combat Gyarados. The only thing it will be able to do back is Psychic which will not do much damage. Your other defense against Gyarados, Skarmory, can not do anything back to Gyarados once Gyarados has used Taunt against Skarmory because you will be unable to Whilrwind it away. You can Drill Peck it, however, Gyarados will be able to shrug those Drill Peck's off with ease and will continue to Dragon Dance and then sweep. Taunt prevents Skarmory from its usual strategies of using Roost and Whirlwind to counter Gyarados. Intimidate also becomes a deadly factor to Skarmory since after Gyarados switches-in Skarmory could be forced to switch. Gyarados can then begin to Dragon Dance up and sweep with Waterfall/Stone Edge. Your Scizor does not stand a chance against a +1 DD Waterfall, in addition to that, Gyarados resist Scizor's Bullet Punch and X-Scissor, while taking abysmal damage from Aerial Ace. After a Dragon Dance, it outspeeds your entire team and OHKOes Salamence with Ice Fang, Raichu and Arcanine with Earthquake, while hitting your Celebi hard with Ice Fang due to the lack of Defense EV's on your Celebi. Also, how can Gyarado set up one Dragon Dance on you? Simple. It can come in on Scizor or a locked Fire Blast/Hydro Pump from Salamence, set up a Dragon Dance, and sweep. There is an easy way to remedy this problem and that is by altering Celebi's EV spread and moveset, to allow Celebi to effectively combat Gyarados.

The set I suggest you use on Celebi is 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe, Bold, Leftovers, Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Thunder Wave, Recover. With that EV spread, Celebi can easily shrug off any Ice Fang's that said Gyarados may throw at you. Celebi can then Grass Knot it for a nice 2HKO, something Psychic fails to do. You still retain the ability to combat Breloom, which you mentioned, you dislike. Hidden Power Fire will easily deal with Breloom, in addition to Scizor, Celebi's biggest enemy. You also get a nice hit on various other Steel types such as Skarmory, Lucario, and Metagross! The EVs give Celebi the best overall physical defenses while still outrunning Jolly Tyranitar.Celebi obtains magnificent defenses with that EV spread, allowing it to safely handle threats such as the aforementioned Gyarados and Breloom.

Now on Scizor, it will enjoy some added bulk since it is really your only Steel-type that you can count on being around in the mid game. Try a spread of 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe. With that EV spread, Scizor will be able to outspeed most Skarmory, Metagross, and CB Tyranitar with the 56 Speed EV's. That EV's invested into HP will also help you take hits from Latias allowing you to Pursuit it for the kill. If you would like a Scizor that is more Specially Defensively oriented that is more suited switching into opposing Latias and Gengar's Special Attacks to Pursuit them, try a set with 24 HP / 252 Atk / 176 SpD / 56 Spe. With the Special Defense EV's, you will be able to take Draco Meteor's and Focus Blast's more effectively. You might also want to drop Aerial Ace for Brick Break. Brick Break provides much better coverage than Aerial Ace, while allowing Scizor to still hit opposing Scizor for hard damage. What else does Brick Break do? Brick Break allows you to hit those pesky Steel types known as Magnezone and Heatran, both of which love switching into Scizor. Brick Break puts a nice dent into them. Brick Break also saves you from being walled by opposing Skarmory, who takes little damage from all three of your attacks that you have on Scizor.

Alright, now let us move onto Skarmory! On Skarmory, I suggest running an EV spread of 252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe and use Brave Bird over Drill Peck. That spread may not look to different from your current one, however, it is much more effective. Reason? The 64 Attack EVs invested allow Skarmory to 2HKO offensive Gyarados with Brave Bird if they have taken Stealth Rock damage (This is assuming Skarmory has not been Intimidated). In addition to that, the given Attack EVs also allow Skarmory to KO most Lucario after a Defense drop from Close Combat and one Life Orb recoil. 16 Speed EVs is the magic EV number for Skarmory since it allows Skarmory to outpace maximum Speed Adamant Rhyperior allowing it to Roost stall out its Stone Edge.

Hey!

I've noticed that Taunt Gyarados with Ice Fang/Waterfall/Dragon Dance/Earthquake can be quite a pain for your team. With Taunt, Gyarados prevents your Celebi from using Thunder Wave or Leech Seed against it, enabling Celebi to combat Gyarados. The only thing it will be able to do back is Psychicm which will not do much damage. Your other defense against Gyarados, Skarmory, can not do anything back to Gyarados once Gyarados has used Tuant against Skarmory because you will be unable to Whilrwind it away. You can Drill Peck it, however, Gyarados will be able to shrug those Drill Peck's off with ease and will continue to Dragon Dance and then sweep. Taunt prevents Skarmory from its usual strategies of using Roost and Whirlwind to counter Gyarados. Intimidate also becomes a deadly factor to Skarmory since after Gyarados switches-in Skarmory could be forced to switch. Gyarados can then begin to Dragon Dance up and sweep with Waterfall/Stone Edge. Your Scizor does not stand a chance against a +1 DD Waterfall, in addition to that, Gyarados resist Scizor's Bullet Punch and X-Scissor, while taking abysmal damage from Aerial Ace. After a Dragon Dance, it outspeeds your entire team and OHKOes Salamence with Ice Fang, Raichu and Arcanine with Earthquake, while hitting your Celebi hard with Ice Fang due to the lack of Defense EV's on your Celebi. Also, how can Gyarado set up one Dragon Dance on you? Simple. It can come in on Scizor or a locked Fire Blast/Hydro Pump from Salamence, set up a Dragon Dance, and sweep. There is an easy way to remedy this problem and that is by altering Celebi's EV spread and moveset, to allow Celebi to effectively combat Gyarados. The set I suggest you use on Celebi is 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe, Bold, Leftovers, Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Thunder Wave, Recover. With that EV spread, Celebi can easily shrug off any Ice Fang's that said Gyarados may throw at you. Celebi can then Grass Knot it for a nice 2HKO, something Psychic fails to do. You still retain the ability to combat Breloom, which you mentioned, you dislike. Hidden Power Fire will easily deal with Breloom, in addition to Scizor, Celebi's beiggest enemy. You also get a nice hit on various other Steel types such as Skarmory, Lucario, and Metagross! The EVs give Celebi the best overall physical defenses while still outrunning Jolly Tyranitar.Celebi obtains magnificent defenses with that EV spread, allowing it to safely handle threats such as the aforementioned Gyarados and Breloom.

Now on Scizor, it will enjoy some added bulk since it is really your only Steel-type that you can count on being around in the mid game. Try a spread of 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe. With that EV spread, Scizor will be able to outspeed most Skarmory, Metagross, and CB Tyranitar with the 56 Speed EV's. That EV's invested into HP will also help you take hits from Latias allowing you to Pursuit it for the kill. If you would like a Scizor that is more Specially Defensively oriented that is more suited switching into opposing Latias and Gengar's Special Attacks to Pursuit them, try a set with 24 HP / 252 Atk / 176 SpD / 56 Spe. With the Special Defense EV's, you will be able to take Draco Meteor's and Focus Blast's more effectively. You might also want to drop Aerial Ace for Brick Break. Brick Break provides much better coverage than Aerial Ace, while allowing Scizor to still hit opposing Scizor for hard damage. What else does Brick Break do? Brick Break allows you to hit those pesky Steel types known as Magnezone and Heatran, both of which love switching into Scizor. Brick Break puts a nice dent into them. Brick Break also saves you from being walled by opposing Skarmory, who takes little damage from all three of your attacks that you have on Scizor.

Alright, now let us move onto Skarmory! On Skarmory, I suggest running an EV spread of 252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe and use Brave Bird over Drill Peck. That spread may not look to different from your current one, however, it is much more effective. Reason? The 64 Attack EVs invested allow Skarmory to 2HKO offensive Gyarados with Brave Bird if they have taken Stealth Rock damage (This is assuming Skarmory has not been Intimidated). In addition to that, the given Attack EVs also allow Skarmory to KO most Lucario after a Defense drop from Close Combat and one Life Orb recoil. 16 Speed EVs is the magic EV number for Skarmory since it allows Skarmory to outpace maximum Speed Adamant Rhyperior allowing it to Roost stall out its Stone Edge.

Have some more confidence in yourself! By no means do you suck, your team is actually pretty good, it just needed some changes here and there. I'm sure your a great player so do not say you suck =) Good Luck!
Now that is what I call a Team Rating!

Thanks, I'm definitely going Brave Bird on Skarm and I'll try to do the other changes!

I think Bloo meant to put Taunt in that moveset. Everyone forgets once in a while xD. Anyways, adressing the MixApe weakness, you could try Gyarados over Salamence as Macle suggested. A Bulky Gyara with Ice Fang/Dragon Dance/Earthquake/Waterfall could handle MixApe effectively while giving you insurance against Scizor, Lucario, and various other Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)