Goodstuffs Team

I've recently been working on a new team for VGCs and I had some time to kill while I wait for this Bleach movie to load, so I figured I'll make a RMT while I'm waiting and get some input since almost everybody on PO has probably seen it by now (finally got it working). Before we begin, I would like to give major thanks to DragonMaster123 for providing me with most of the team in both terms of ideas and the literal cloning and trading. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, DragonMaster123!

Latios (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- HP Ground
- Psychic
- Protect
- Draco Meteor​

One of the main Special Sweepers on my team. After some helpful input on my previous RMTs, I decided to give Latios a Dragon Gem so he can guarantee more 0HKOes. Psychic gives Latios a more reliable STAB to use and the team a Psychic move to use against the popular Fighting types. HP Ground gives it a move to use if he's fighting against Metagro-...I mean Steel types.​

Togekiss (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Follow Me​

A new support pokemon that I plan on adding to my team when I get access to her. Because of her massive bulk, she can use Follow me and probably still survive a gang attack. Not even Gem Latios with all his strength can 0HKO Togekiss w/o crit hax. Tailwind always went out too quickly, so I decided to give her T-Wave for more of a long-term benefit. Air Slash is her STAB of choice since it lets her perform the infamous para-flinch. Roost takes advantage of Tailwind as well since it lets him drop his Flying typing for that turn and lose painful weaknesses for that turn. Thanks for the set, Smogon.​

Chandelure (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Imprison
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave​

Another set that I borrowed from Smogon. This useful Ghost/Fire with imperfect Speed IVs lets me put a lid on TR teams with Imprison while giving me access to it in special cases of Cresselia T-Wave spam. Heat Wave and Shadow Ball are his STABs of choice.​

Hitmontop (M) @ Dark Gem
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wide Guard
- Fake Out​

Another guy I plan on adding as soon as DragonMaster123 clones it. Thanks to the Dark Gem, Fake Out + Sucker Punch gets a kill in on Hitmontop. Wide Guard lets him cover for the team's Rock Slide and Blizzard weaknesses. Close Combat is there for obvious reasons.​

Ludicolo (F) @ Absorb Bulb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Scald​

A pokemon that I thought about adding to help with countering rain since Gastrodon wasn't doing his job well enough. Giga Drain gives him a solid recovery STAB to use while Scald is there for both STAB and burn hax. I don't really know why he has Fake Out when almost everybody Protects against him on the 1st turn, so I've decided on replacing it with Ice Beam to cover the Zapdos weakness and give me something to use against Dragons. The Absorb Bulb lets him take advantage of stray Surfs for a power boost.​

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch​

A staple in both the OU metagame AND today's VGC metagame. Meteor Mash gives him a mighty STAB to use and can finish off Latios w/ Bullet Punch after a Meteor Mash to the face. Earthquake gives it a move to use against other Metagross and Fire types.​

Well, that's the whole team for you. Don't forget to rate.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Overall team looks good, doesn't seem like it'll have any major problems. So on to the individual Pokémon.

Latios: Surf seems kind of out of place, since only Ludicolo and maybe Togekiss will be ok with taking it. If you want something to hit Metagross Steel-types hard, you might want to consider HP Ground instead. Another option is Substitute, which you can set up against Sucker Punches or the Protects that Ludicolo will often cause to get a free turn later on.

Chandelure: I'm really not at all a fan of TR+Imprison. It's two wasted move slots against non-TR teams, and if they attack you instead of trying to set up you'll have wasted a turn at best.

The rest looks pretty good. Have you had trouble with anything in particular during your testing?

Decent team, though notable issues have already been stated. TR+Imprison got incredibly easy to call for TR teams as soon as that Chandy set was posted here, so it isn't even much of a good TR counter these days. You could run a Scarf set, any opponent weakened by Heat Wave is next to guaranteed to get finished off by a Dragon Gem Draco Meteor Might want to switch out Tailwind on Togekiss for something else of your choice, the only two things on this team that can benefit that much from it are Ludicolo und Latios.

Overall team looks good, doesn't seem like it'll have any major problems. So on to the individual Pokémon.

Latios: Surf seems kind of out of place, since only Ludicolo and maybe Togekiss will be ok with taking it. If you want something to hit Metagross Steel-types hard, you might want to consider HP Ground instead. Another option is Substitute, which you can set up against Sucker Punches or the Protects that Ludicolo will often cause to get a free turn later on.

Chandelure: I'm really not at all a fan of TR+Imprison. It's two wasted move slots against non-TR teams, and if they attack you instead of trying to set up you'll have wasted a turn at best.

The rest looks pretty good. Have you had trouble with anything in particular during your testing?
I don't have a Latios w/ HP Ground, so I would probably have to ask DragonMaster123 for a clone of his...again :( .

Big reason why I have TR + Imprison is because I've run into a surprising amount of full-fledged TR teams. I thought I might as well keep it around for now to keep all the n00bs running around with Trick Room at bay. Example A. I might switch up when I get to Nationals.

Decent team, though notable issues have already been stated. TR+Imprison got incredibly easy to call for TR teams as soon as that Chandy set was posted here, so it isn't even much of a good TR counter these days. You could run a Scarf set, any opponent weakened by Heat Wave is next to guaranteed to get finished off by a Dragon Gem Draco Meteor Might want to switch out Tailwind on Togekiss for something else of your choice, the only two things on this team that can benefit that much from it are Ludicolo und Latios.
Now that you bring it up, Togekiss would offer much more assistance in the long run w/ T-Wave support since Paralysis doesn't wear off. Most teams barring TR have only 1 or 2 pokemon with Base 100+ Speed while the rest have a tendency to have Base Speeds of 70 or below. It's a good thing I started over my Soul Silver game trying to get Togekiss the way I want him/her.

Lately, I've been having some issues with Zapdos and Thundurus, so I had to get rid of Ludicolo's Fake Out to make room for Ice Beam. Even then, however, it hasn't been going too well, so I'll have to come up with a strategy for that.

First off, Top 100 isn't that great on PO, no offense. Anyway, Lots of things wrong with the team, lots already stated, but I think you should really take out Ludicolo. Having just one Pokemon be able to "counter" a whole team is pretty unlikely. What you should replace him with is something that can give Togekiss good para-support, because two things that Haxekiss loves when it's haxing kids are it being able to go first all the time and additional hax via paralysis. I'd suggest something useful in other ways as well like Thundurus. Or if you'd like, you could run a Tailwind Zapdos, seeing as this team would love to be under Tailwind.

As promised I shall rate:

Latios: Standard not much to say.

Kiss: I love this thing. Though I'd use tailwind over t-wave.

Chandy: What Can I say about em. Although I prefer Protect were imprision is at he's still solid.

Top:Standard but I'd say detect>wideguard. Sure wideguard is good but top is not invincible. One good psycic or hpfly and well good bye top. Plus I wideguard is pretty predictable.

Colo: Nice guy. Provides a extra fakeout to be used when needed. Pain to rain. Ehhh I guess its good. I don't believe rains much of a big threat as it was when 12 was announced but there still effective. hey better safe than sorry.

Metagross: I see everyone is using 12 speed sets now. He's pretty cool, and is a steel type now a days is pretty useful to fend off Them Dragongem DM's. Metagross is standard and packs quite a punch. Though i'd suggest 180hp, and 72sp.def of you want to take dms better and survive fire attacks(with occa for a little bit more hp).

Teams pretty solid with no Major flaws. Though theres always a few wholes in a team, but if you
utilize the switchout button and protect you should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)