SM NU Goodbye Angels

Introduction

back again once again. this time with my 500th post and a team I had the pleasure making for NUPL. this wasnt specifically made for anyone but we talked about cm diancie in mushie chat and i thought I'd give it a shot. another team centered around diancie, damn. this was used twice (!), though it lost both lol, but it won in nul at least bop. this is one of my proudest creations and I hope you enjoy it.

Overview

Again, this started off with CM Fairium Diancie, which looked like a cool threat, and i just tried to defensively patch holes and support it in its offensive capabilities. As always, blizzard resist + freeze dry resist (!!). AV Slowbro was popping at the time I made this, and it seemed to fit the bill, checking offensive fire types, opposing Slowbros ish, but still semi reliably handling most of the fighting types in the tier. Next rocks, with sand being everywhere and helio being a bitch for most of my b uilds, I picked torterra as the rocker of choice, reliably answering sandlash (thankfully sand is gone yo.) setting rocks, keeping healthy thanks to synth, giving me an electric immunity (and in turn a magmortar check other than slowbro too). scarf passimian (as always) by far the best speed control in the tier. man medi and toxicroak are massive threats, and so I decided to go and add a fast taunt tox bat (defog sux, dont forget.), with that bat i needed removal, a normal resist, freeze dry resist, so aloslash was added

Close-Up

goodbye angels (Diancie) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Psychic/ Substitute/ Power Gem
- Calm Mind

I could never really decide what i wanted as the 4th move honestly, but sub helps u destroy stall, and power gem gives u a source to hit golbat and good stab in general, psychic was on the initial version to smack vileplume and golbat at the same time. moonblast and earth power are no brainers on this, moonblast for broken fairy stab and earth power for aloslashes, steelixes, steelvallys. fairium helps kill pyukumukus and torterras, the speed is for modest? alolan exeggutor because im a very paranoid man.

the getaway (Slowbro) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 140 SpA / 24 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Grass Knot/ Signal Beam
- Psychic
- Fire Blast

love wild spreads. this lives a cb sneasel knock off from full and avoids the 2 hit from specs diancie after rocks, the speed creep on slowbros and slowkings has been rather insane, so i went over the top aswell. the moves themselves are pretty self explanatory, grass knot helps you kill gastrodons, opposing slowbros and kings, signal beam hits opposing slowbrothers for super effective damage aswell, while not letting in guzz completely free. fire blast helps with killing grass types, and psychic is obvious stab

jungle man (Passimian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Receiver
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

bulky scarf monkey bop. this just outspeeds modest ice cream while getting that little extra bulk for incineroars, this was smth i theorized, optionally you could drop the speed even lower to 128+ to outspeed sceptiles if your team isnt worried about ice creams but i think this spread is fine for this specific build. uturn gets momentum on slowbro which is great, checks incin as stated, earthquake can get you into some good end game scenarios, knock off is good utility for psychics and ghosts

snow (hey oh) (Sandslash-Alola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

sad i couldnt find a moving sprite for this but alas. this is a good specs ice cream answer, which gets toxic on slowbros, spins hazards, beats xatus, its a cool mon

yertle the turtle (Torterra) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Stealth Rock

spdef torterra, yum. as i said in the overview, this answers helio amazingly, sets rocks, keeps healthy, and it once was a good answer to sand aswell. quake and hammer are picked as stab moves to potentially even dent vapo/slowbro/slowking, and fire types, which usually fail to ohko this from full anyway.

torture me (Golbat) @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 240 HP / 92 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Roost

this might be my favorite thing to use at the moment. answering basically any toxicroak other than jolly life orb edge, and revenging gallades, medichams, cb/ knocked passimians (ig this is worth a mention), in a pinch revenging weakened vanilluxe etc. taunt tox eats most no lix balance for breakfast, and even w that much speed its a really fat mon. oh also answers broken ass sceptile decently enough

Threatlist

- Xatu builds are hard to get rocks up against, and without rocks diancie and co. have a harder time doing stuff

- This, especially with nevermeltice or z/ or right prediction with hidden power, gets insanely annoying

same shoutouts as last time, thx for my good time on smogon so far all of u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)