Pet Mod Generation X - The Third Chapter [Desvega] (Coded!)

Should we have a Generational Gimmick akin to Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, Dynamax and Terastalizaiton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
If you want Lupix to catch up to others in terms of AG-level, you might want to make it so it’s signature move will deals damage a physical move. I’m shocked that you went to such a high power level, but it does mean that returning Ubers won’t have to deal with them if all three of your Legends get banned, so do what you want, I’m not gonna stop you if this is your intent
The reasons its signature move is a status move:
1. I decided to have the legendary trio's signature moves be unique from each other by having each of their signature moves a different move category from each other
2. I did intend my Pokemon to have a high power level, but I intended that one of them (Lupax) would remain in Ubers
3. Lupax's role isn't really to deal damage. Like I said in its competitive role, it's a wall.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
The reasons its signature move is a status move:
1. I decided to have the legendary trio's signature moves be unique from each other by having each of their signature moves a different move category from each other
2. I did intend my Pokemon to have a high power level, but I intended that one of them (Lupax) would remain in Ubers
3. Lupax's role isn't really to deal damage. Like I said in its competitive role, it's a wall.
If this is your intent for the legendary trio, then I can live with that.

I only do the verification to ensure none Ubers will become AG unintentionally.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
considering that the sigmove is a 0 priority forceswitch itd probably be banned to ag

but also there are a lot of things that arent specific enough to be codeable
The power of this move is increased based on how higher its Attack is than its Special Attack.
how is it increased? is it (raw atk - raw spa) or (base atk - base spa)? is this difference then directly added to the total damage or is there a calculation involved first?

The target is inflicted with a random status effect from burn, paralysis, sleep, or poison, and is then forced to switch out. Heals the party member with the lowest HP. Fails if the target is already inflicted with status.
how does it heal the party member (status, hp)? if hp, how much hp? does the heal happen even if the target is inflicted with status?

If the move is successful, place one layer of Burning Spikes (Toxic Spikes but inflicts burn, can be placed up to three times to increase incoming foes' damage).
toxic spikes only inflicts poison or toxic if 2 layers. why can you set burning spikes three times if theres only 1 layer of burn? does it function like regular spikes? if so, is the damage the same as spikes (this signature is stupid as hell btw just like all of the form changes)

i think in general a lot of these legends are ridiculous and would be instantly banned to ag if in vanilla which i think is silly. that means that unless there is an ag tier they would be completely unplayable and why bother making a mon that you cant even use

CaptainDaimyo

considering that the sigmove is a 0 priority forceswitch itd probably be banned to ag

how is it increased? is it (raw atk - raw spa) or (base atk - base spa)? is this difference then directly added to the total damage or is there a calculation involved first?

how does it heal the party member (status, hp)? if hp, how much hp? does the heal happen even if the target is inflicted with status?

toxic spikes only inflicts poison or toxic if 2 layers. why can you set burning spikes three times if theres only 1 layer of burn? does it function like regular spikes? if so, is the damage the same as spikes (this signature is stupid as hell btw just like all of the form changes)

i think in general a lot of these legends are ridiculous and would be instantly banned to ag if in vanilla which i think is silly. that means that unless there is an ag tier they would be completely unplayable and why bother making a mon that you cant even use
Ur right I should probs give nerfs

CaptainDaimyo

Made some needs that should may be usable in Ubers

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
Are ye ready, kids? Let's dive into...

The Larina Region

In a time long forgotten, there were two mariners who loved exploring the great sea of Larina. One mariner wore red, as wild and temperamental as a stormy wave. The other mariner wore white, as calm as the sea at rest and deeply compassionate. The two mariners would sail on their little vessel in search for new ventures each day. One fateful night however, the mariner in white fell gravely ill. The mariner in red was determined to save their partner, no matter the cost. The mariner in red set out to sea in search of any kind of remedy. Many months later, the mariner in red returned with a bounty of treasure greater than any monarch's ransom, hoping to use the loot to buy whatever cure was needed. It was too late however. The mariner in white had passed away. Devastated, the mariner in red would seemingly vanish from history, taking the treasure with them. Supposedly, this treasure now lies hidden within the uncharted islands of Larina, waiting to be uncovered by the next determined seafarer.

So say weary travelers from Larina at least. Some hundred years away from the present, many dismissed these claims as simple tall tales, but many more were intrigued by the prospect of riches far beyond imagination. The tale had spread so far that it reached the ears of three monarchs; the king of Kalos, the King of Galar, and the queen of Paldea. All three were hesitant at the idea of "lost treasure", but those uncharted islands presented an attractive opportunity to trade and gather resources. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to do some treasure hunting on the side.

The three regions raced against each other. Kalos, Galar, and Paldea sent out their best sailors on an important mission; claim Larina and its supposed treasure. The most powerful navy however was boasted by Paldea: the Armada Acero. And the king of Galar was well aware of this. Rather than target Larina directly, the Galarian king decided to give his band of privateers slightly different orders; impede the Armada Acero at every turn. Armada ships were under constant attack by Galarian vessels, guised as lawless bandits.

In spite of the attacks and the direct race against the Kalosians, the Armada Acero would be the first ones to reach Larina. Coastal towns and, more importantly, trade routes were established under Paldean ownership. In order to stamp out any further competition, the Armada drove the arriving Kalosians to the lonely island of Mizzeniola. Down on their luck and bitter at their defeat, it wouldn't take long for the Kalosians to start hungering for all of those treasure-packed ships owned by Paldea. Organizing into a large brigade, the Kalosians preyed upon Paldean ships, traders and ports. While these thieves brought in rich spoils, much of it would be gifted to poorer communities. This was at first simply to build good relations, but this eventually grew to be part of a code of honor for the rogue Kalosians. Dressing themselves in the finest Paldean silk and turning the act of theft into an artform, the Kalosian thieves granted themselves the moniker of the Lumière Phantoms.

Concurrently, the king of Galar had decided to call off the privateers he had sent to Larina after their failed attempts to stop the Armada Acero. This alongside the restructuring of the Galarian navy resulted in these privateers being without a penny. There was only one obvious choice for these sailors to take; turn pirate. Gangs of Galarian pirates sprung upon the booming trade routes of Larina, plundering any and all ships that crossed their paths. There was one particular crew however that was much more ruthless than the rest, the Mordred Marauders. The Marauders have took over a once quiet seaside town, renamed it Port Valor, and deemed it their base of operations. These fierce raiders are just as frightening as the Pokémon at their beck and call.

A few decades have now passed since Larina was found by the old world. The Armada Acero is still struggling to maintain its grip on Larina, the Lumière Phantoms escape with their loot as quickly as they come, and the Mordred Marauders ruthlessly give no quarter. There are still many islands in Larina to explore, with the region's lost treasure still waiting to be discovered. Most curiously, there are news of a strange visitor who has washed ashore on a small island, destined for adventure on the high seas...

Inspiration: The Larina region is directly based on the Caribbean, specifically during the Golden Age of Piracy (roughly 1650 to 1730). The name Larina is a simple contraction of La Marina, Spanish for "the sea." The setting takes place in a fictionalized version of the West Indies as pictured below.

The Odyssey Trio:
Name: Krimautika (crimson + nautical)
Typing:

Stats: 120 HP / 150 Atk / 130 Def / 90 SpA / 100 SpD / 90 Spe / 680 BST
Ability: Batten Down - When this Pokémon has 1/3 or less of its maximum HP, rounded down, its attacks are critical hits.
Weight: 722.0 kg
Movepool: Acid, Aqua Cutter, Aqua Jet, Body Press, Body Slam, Breaking Swipe, Brick Break, Brine, Bulk Up, Bulldoze, Close Combat, Counter, Crabhammer, Cross Poison, Dive, Drain Punch, Earthquake, Endure, Facade, Focus Blast, Giga Impact, Gunk Shot, Heat Crash, Heavy Slam, Helping Hand, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Iron Head, Leviathan's Onslaught, Liquidation, Poison Jab, Protect, Rain Dance, Rest, Reversal, Rock Smash, Round, Sacred Sword, Scary Face, Slash, Sleep Talk, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Snarl, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swords Dance, Surf, Take Down, Taunt, Thief, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Venoshock, Water Pulse, X-Scissor
Type:

Category:

Base Power: 100
Accuracy: 100
PP: 5
Effect: Damage is multiplied by 1.3333x if the user's HP 1/3 or less of its maximum HP, rounded down.
Priority: 0
Flags: Contact, Protect, Mirror
Height: 2.8 m
Flavor: Krimautika is the reincarnation of the mariner in red of Larina legend. Crustacean-like. Seeking a certain treasure has cursed it with poisonous blood.
Competitive: big physical attacker

Name: Palautika (pale + nautical)
Typing:

Stats: 120 HP / 90 Atk / 100 Def / 130 SpA / 150 SpD / 90 Spe / 680 BST
Ability: Tides of Fate - When this Pokémon has 1/3 or less of its maximum HP, rounded down, damage taken from attacks is halved.
Weight: 718.0 kg
Movepool: Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, Air Slash, Aqua Tail, Body Slam, Brine, Calm Mind, Confuse Ray, Curse, Defog, Dive, Dream Eater, Endure, Facade, Fly, Giga Impact, Grudge, Gust, Hail, Heat Wave, Hex, Hurricane, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Liquidation, Mist, Night Shade, Phantom Force, Protect, Psychic, Rain Dance, Rest, Roost, Round, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Siren's Maelstrom, Sky Attack, Sleep Talk, Snore, Steel Wing, Substitute, Sunny Day, Surf, Tailwind, Taunt, Thief, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, U-Turn, Water Pulse, Will-O-Wisp
Type:

Category:

Effect: Damage is multiplied by 1.3333x if the user's HP 1/3 or less of its maximum HP, rounded down.
Flags: Protect, Mirror, Wind
Height: 3.2 m
Flavor: Palautika is the reincarnation of the mariner in white of Larina legend. Evokes seabirds and mermaids.
Competitive: spdef tank

Name: Thalassalis (thalassa + regalis)
Typing:

Stats: 100 HP / 150 Atk / 100 Def / 150 SpA / 100 SpD / 80 Spe / 680 BST
Ability: Elder Hoard - At the end of each turn, this Pokémon's Doubloon count increases by 1. This Pokémon has X/16 of its maximum HP, rounded down, restored at the end of each turn while it remains active, where X is this Pokémon's Doubloon count. If Big Root is held by the user, the HP recovered is 1.3x normal, rounded half down. Doubloon count cannot increase past 5. The user's Doubloon count does not reset when this Pokémon is no longer active. Cannot be copied. (Similar mechanics as Stockpile)
Weight: 777.0 kg
Movepool: Assurance, Bind, Brick Break, Brine, Brutal Swing, Cross Poison, Curse, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Earth Power, Endure, Facade, Flash Cannon, Fling, Focus Blast, Foul Play, Giga Impact, Grudge, Hex, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Iron Defence, Iron Head, Liquidation, Metal Burst, Metal Claw, Metal Sound, Nasty Plot, Night Slash, Poison Jab, Power Gem, Protect, Rain Dance, Rest, Rock Tomb, Sandstorm, Scary Face, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Slash, Sleep Talk, Snarl, Stealth Rock, Steel Beam, Stone Edge, Substitute, Sucker Punch, Surf, Take Down, Thief, Thunder Wave, Water Pulse, Wrap, X-Scissor
Type:

Category:

Effect: Power is equal to 100+(X*12), where X is this Pokémon's Doubloon count. Whether or not this move is successful, the user's Doubloon count resets to 0 after use. This move becomes a physical attack if the user's Attack is greater than its Special Attack, including stat stage changes.
Flags: Protect, Mirror
Height: 4.4 m
Flavor: The long lost treasure of Larina, revealed to be an otherworldy being that devours the souls of plunderers. Writhing alien kraken decked out in precious metals and jewels.
Competitive: wacky ability, can act as a tank or dd/np wincon

Much of this will not be relevant to the mod, more just fleshing out the premise. The events take place at roughly the same time as PLA, featuring the same style of Pokéballs. Much of it would be sailing on boats or Pokémon to find new islands (like Wind Waker), with the end goal of finding the legendary Pokémon of Larina and plundering treasure. Players would be able to side with one of three factions at the start of the game; the Armada Acero (professional navy sailors), the Lumière Phantoms (more Lupin III or Persona 5 than your usual pirate), and the Mordred Marauders (the traditional pirate: unkempt boisterous roughhousers).

i love doing rushed last minute subs

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Alright people, voting time!

Taken from Yoshiblaze’s:

For this slate, we will have a ranked vote. You can vote for up to five submissions, which each submission receiving points based on what order you put them in. For example:

Region A - Gets 5 points
Region B - Gets 4 points
Region C - Gets 3 points
Region D - Gets 2 points
Region E - Gets 1 point

If you vote for less than 5, the amount of points that the top vote gets is equal to the number of votes you did and it goes down by one from there.
You can't vote for yourself as first place or as your only vote.
You cannot vote more than five; any region you voted after the fifth will not receive any point.
Please use the name of the person who subbed the region rather than the region's name when making a ballot.

The region with the most votes wins.

IceLevelIncarnate (Lasfortunn)
flareth13 (Desvega) (SV)
Revenge of Depressed Gay (Philapos)
Bloopyghost (Larina)
Ema Skye (Cascia)

feet are wrong, lmao sorry
I've added some sketches to the submission

I'll add my votes soon
EDIT: votes:

RedwoodRogue's Calamen
sharpen42's Navannah
(SV)
Gravity Monkey's Bavelona
Z-nogyrop's Sythom
Glubbfubb's Markta

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
24 hours warning for voting phase!

Dilasc (Blugra)
Samtendo09 (Brunica) (SV)
Ayecrusher King (Fuwang)
Gravity Monkey (Bavelona)
sharpen42 (Navannah)

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
This is in! The winner region for our third iteration will be…

@flareth13’s Desvega region!

Samtendo09 (Brunica) 5 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 19
Ayecrusher King (Fuwang) 4 + 1 + 3 + 3 = 11
Revenge of Depressed Gay (Philapos) 3 + 4 + 3 + 1 = 11
Gravity Monkey (Bavelona) 2 + 2 + 5 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 17
Ema Skye (Cascia) 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 7
Bloopyghost (Larina) 5 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 25
Calamen (RedwoodRogue) 4 + 5 + 5 + 1 + 4 = 19
IceLevelIncarnate (Lasfortunn) 3 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 1 = 15
Lavarina (Ragam) 1 + 2 + 1 = 4
flareth13 (Desvega) 4 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 5 = 33
Navannah (sharpen42) 4 + 4 + 1 + 3 = 12
Santi (Yoshiblaze) 3 + 3 + 3 + 5 + 5 + 3 = 22
Sythom (Z-nogyrop) 1 + 2 + 5 = 8
CaptainDaimyo (Laurifira) 4
anaconja (yuugen) 2 + 2 + 4 + 3 = 11
Glubbfubb's Markta 1 + 1 + 2 = 4
Dilasc (Blugra) 5

Name: Desvega
Inspiration: California & Nevada, with some New Mexico/other Southwestern states Influence. Legends have an urban legend/cryptozoology base.

Lore: Region similarish to Unova with a booming entertainment industry (in the games this would be where we'd get Pokestar Studios.....2). Lots of urban areas but also deserts, mountains, forests etc. The "evil team" of this realm are a bunch of plucky cryptozoologists searching for the legendary Pokemon to prove they exist, but in reality their leader is just using them to find the legendaries to obtain the power they supposedly possess. Also (one of) the Mythical(s) would be a Fresno Nightcrawler. Considered it for part of the Legend Trio but figured what's basically Ambulatory Pants weren't Box Legend Material lmao.

Legendary Trio: "The Reality Trio" (for lack of a better name)

Name: Arcognition (Arcade + Cognition)
Counterpart(s): Janutcher, Virulope
Typing:

Ability: Download
Base Stats: 100/100/125/135/115/95 (BST=670)
Notable Moves: Mind Melt, Universal Moves, Volt Switch, Psychic, Trick, Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, Nasty Plot, Parting Shot, Steel Beam, Gear Grind, Iron Head, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Charge, Charge Beam, Zap Cannon, Extrasensory, Psybeam, Trick Room, Wonder Room, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Wicked Torque, Confuse Ray
Height + Weight: 1.8 m, 75 kg
New Features: Mind Melt (Move-Special-Psychic-100 BP-100% Acc.-Has 30% chance to Confuse aka a Special, Psychic Magical Torque)
Flavour/Design: Polybius. Electric-type because Arcade Cabinet, Psychic Type because of its supposed Mind-Altering Effects. In the lore, it was magically brought into existence just because a lot of people believed in it, and it has those same powers to make things real.
Potential Competitive Role: Pivot, Trick Room Setter?

Name: Janutcher (Janus + Watcher)
Counterpart(s): Arcognition, Virulope
Typing:

Ability: Intimidate
Base Stats: 115/95/100/135/125/100(BST=670)
Notable Moves: Watchful Eye, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Trick, Parting Shot, Dark Pulse, Night Daze, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Darkest Lariat, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Defog, Mean Look, Lock-On, Fairy Lock, Foresight, Switcheroo, Glare
Height + Weight: 1.9 m, 25 kg
New Features: Watchful Eye (Special, Dark Type Spirit Shackle)
Flavour/Design: The Hell Valley Sky Trees from Mario Galaxy 1 Dark Watchers from California Folklore. Their job is to watch the world and keep the balance, which is hard when the False Pokemon has the power to warp perception and reality itself.
Potential Competitive Role: Hazard Clearer, Wallbreaker, Knock Off, Pivot

Name: Virulope (Virulent + Jackalope)
Counterpart(s): Arcognition, Janutcher
Typing:

Ability: Toxic Debris
Base Stats: 100/125/95/100/115/135 (BST=670)
Notable Moves: Poisonous Flight, Toxic Spikes, Toxic, Extreme Speed, Acrobatics, Trick, Bulk Up, Work Up, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Fake Out, Crunch, Play Rough, Dazzling Gleam, Low Kick, Rapid Spin, Play Nice, Pain Split, Covet, Headbutt, Quick Attack, Agility
Height + Weight: 0.4 m/5.8 kg
New Features: Poisonous Flight (Move- Poison-type U-Turn)
Flavour/Design: Jackalope. Its Pokemon category and Poison typing are because at least some of the Jackalope legends were probably inspired by rabbits infected with the Shope Papilloma Virus, which can cause horn-like tumors. Is also watched by Janutcher, but less so, because while Arcognition is a beast with terrifying power, Virulope is just a small creature just trying to Survive.
Potential Competitive Role: Hazard Setter, Hazard Clearer, Fast Wallbreaker, Pivot.
We already have a California region last iteration, but I allow Desvega since it also have another basis called Nevada with New Mexico / Southwestern states influence. Everyone, this means that I highly advice to put emphasis on the latter in order for Desvega to be more distinct from it’s “prequel” region, Loria.

As for the poll result regarding Generational Gimmick, the “Yes” have won, but not by much of a gap; 18 in favor of Yes, and 12 for No. As such, it is considered as divisive, which is no surprise considering Dynamax’s negative notoriety, the lesser notoriety of Z-Moves, and the competitive mixed reception of Mega Evolution and Terastalization, so I will have to include a compromise and encourage a lower power level in comparison to Mega Evolution (if limited) or Terastalization (if universal).

While we will get a generational gimmick, I will also include type chart rebalance to allow the generally agreed bottom three types (Rock, Bug and Ice) to perform better for the Pokémon that have the types, as well as a few other changes. It will be revealed once we get into the next slate, and must be taken into consideration during the submission slate, especially for type-based Generational Gimmicks. The rebalance will not be fully realized until the end of the second slate, so if there is a change that would prove unpopular, please let me know during the slate, not during the seventh slate or later.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)