General News Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Sorry but everyone is "privileged" enough to ignore an internet personality and his fanbase.
He isn't an internet personality, and his fan base isn't so innocuous. He makes arguments that many people go on to buy into for whatever reason. Such people affect policies that affect me... it really isn't hard to imagine how, for example, a widespread understanding of feminism as a “murderous equity doctrine” and "his claim that divorce laws should not have been liberalized in the 1960s." would be harmful to the advancement of society.

How're they affecting you? Are they at your doorstep chanting or emailing you or something?
I don't actually know the full extant of how all his ideas are affecting me. In your opinion, should I wait to assess their effects now or just wait for his or similar ideas to be adopted by governments? Putin's Russia, Erdogan's Turkey, Duerte's Philippines, should I wait for 'Trump's America' before I name these ideas as the 'calls to violence' against civilized society that they actually are?

It seems like every time a grown white person "Doesn't Care" about Social Justice, they're deemed as awful and a culture forms around them.

Ha, not even, I have tons of friends that really don't care about social justice, there is a vast difference between their behaviors and expressed attitudes and Peterson's. And there is even a vast difference between my friends and people who feel the need to express how victimized they are for 'not caring' about 'social justice'.

People created these sides to be on, not Peterson himself.
Yeah ok maybe, but I think the article really tries to address this because, even if Peterson didn't create whatever 'sides' (not sure what you're referring to):

"Nowhere in his published writings does Peterson reckon with the moral fiascos of his gurus and their political ramifications; he seems unbothered by the fact that thinking of human relations in such terms as dominance and hierarchy connects too easily with such nascent viciousness such as misogyny, anti-Semitism and Islamophobia. He might argue that his maps of meaning aim at helping lost individuals rather than racists, ultra-nationalists, or imperialists. But he can’t plausibly claim, given his oft-expressed hostility to the “murderous equity doctrine” of feminists, and other progressive ideas, that he is above the fray of our ideological and culture wars."

Sure he didn't create the sides, but you can't tell me he isn't sowing division with a straight face. More likely, you just didn't understand the article. For example, It really matters for women, how the psychology of women is understood. Jordan Peterson is a mainstream(ed) intellectual that makes claims like "feminists avoid criticizing Islam because they unconsciously long for masculine dominance.” and so when 1/3 women is a victim of sexual violence, like seriously yo, how do you not see how the possibility of a material connection? like how are you really asking how the mainstreaming of such sweeping dismissals affects people everyday? I'm just wondering where that comes from.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey all, I'm tasked with doing a bit of an analysis of the Right to March movement, but as a non-American and relative "doesn't pay attention to politics or the news" guy, I'm wondering if someone could point me to some good articles or publications on the topic, the points of contention, etc. that would be much appreciated.

I don't want to derail the current discussion at hand though, so if you want to shoot me a PM instead of replying directly, that may be a good idea.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey all, I'm tasked with doing a bit of an analysis of the Right to March movement, but as a non-American and relative "doesn't pay attention to politics or the news" guy, I'm wondering if someone could point me to some good articles or publications on the topic, the points of contention, etc. that would be much appreciated.

I don't want to derail the current discussion at hand though, so if you want to shoot me a PM instead of replying directly, that may be a good idea.
What movement exactly is this? I come up with plenty of marches when searching the term, but no "right to march" movement

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
Lol ok I guess I'm really uneducated on this, the school walkout thing.
I guess it's called March for Our Lives?
Not 100% sure but I think it’s called “March for Our Lives”. I live under a hypothetical rock so I might not be right.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
They idolize a man who thinks women wearing fucking lipstick is them asking for men to fuck them, and thinks the social structure of fucking lobsters is somehow transferable to humans.
the social structure of fucking lobsters is somehow transferable to humans.
:blobthinking:

Twitter :psysly:

I think my biggest gripe with Peterson and his ilk is the idea that the "is" is more important in the public consciousness than the "ought". More specifically, the idea that the pursuit of what's normal is an effective replacement for that of what's fundamental.

Peterson is undoubtably well educated and well spoken, and many of his ideas have roots in evolutionary psychology, an observational understanding of biology, and other social sciences. Putting aside the fact that social science and the interpretation of statistics is tricky business, and taking the most rose colored view of all this, one can see why viewing hierarchical societies as fundamental, for instance, is an attractive viewpoint for some. It's in our genes after all, and we can't change that so we might as well embrace it.

But in my opinion there are a few critical problems with this line of reasoning:

Most directly, I don't think it's very useful to think of biological trends as fixed or fundamental. Not only is there incredible diversity in the types of people we encounter today, but we're sitting on the precipice of advances in AI and genetic engineering which threaten to further challenge norms on how intelligent life can behave.

Abstractly speaking, I think it's more useful to consider the social structures we have (laws, culture, conventions) as a social contract than as an artifact of tradition or a consequence of nature. I think we've demonstrated that as the world has become more connected, communities can rapidly form from a variety of origins and settle on a stable set of conventions which most appropriately suits their needs. The question of culture from a philosophical angle shouldn't be "which traditions should we protect and which changes should we normalize?" but "which assumptions a priori should we take and what naturally follows?".

Pragmatically, social conventions made to cater to norms have a habit of enforcing those same norms. It's rash to say that trends which are predicted by biology aren't perpetuated and cemented by a feedback loop.

So yeah, I don't really have respect for the guy or his arguments from what little I've seen of him, even interpreting them in the best faith possible and not trying to read into potentially more directly bigoted interpretations.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
the main point of interest w peterson is that 90% percent of his fans were 3 months ago misusing bell curves and citing "logic and reason", the superiority of the hard sciences, and so on to argue race realism and now they're head-over-heels for a guy who's really into Jung. makes the true purpose p clear.

GatoDelFuego

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the main point of interest w peterson is that 90% percent of his fans were 3 months ago misusing bell curves and citing "logic and reason", the superiority of the hard sciences, and so on to argue race realism and now they're head-over-heels for a guy who's really into Jung. makes the true purpose p clear.
Clearly virtue signaling to Hip Woke Yung Conservatives and cranking out book deals turned out more profitable than actually making concrete thoughts on politics. Now where have we seen this before, eh?

I liked Peterson at first, but he gets more and more nonsensical every day. I think his fame/notoriety has really gotten to his head.

GatoDelFuego

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...kers-to-prove-haters-wrong-ramp-up-production

Looks like having astoundingly high charisma doesn't prevent a company that doesn't make enough money from losing business. When the green energy subsidies run out and you're left with too high an operating cost, rely on nonstop product launches to gather capital. When the stock price prevents new investors from signing on as a result of the laughable profit margin, just........ask for volunteers to build your stuff instead?

What do you people think about tesla, and musk in general? I find him to be a man that perfectly captured his target audience ("uneducated" but "I love science" millennials). SpaceX got massive publicity on basically a required rocket launch, which I debated posting here but never got around to it. No doubt the launch was a success, but broadcasting a car going to space is...not impressive at all. That's not a revolution, it's smart use of your resources (otherwise empty rocket). And as successful as spacex is, look at Tesla and SolarCity and the problems become pretty evident. Don't get me started on the "flamethrower" or "vtol supersonic electric jet aircraft"

Wasn't there more than just the car going to space? I thought I remembered the boosters detaching and landing during the launch last month, which was pretty cool.

GatoDelFuego

Wasn't there more than just the car going to space? I thought I remembered the boosters detaching and landing during the launch last month, which was pretty cool.
Yeah, that part was awesome. SpaceX is pushing the space industry at a huge rate. The problem is they're doing it off the back of a lot of dreaming engineers that are willing to sacrifice time and pay to get work done--for example there are stories of everybody working 60 hour weeks for years. If you work a "normal" schedule, you're out the door for falling behind, and you'll be replaced by a starry eyed dreaming engineer. This is helped by the near cult of personality elon musk has achieved by naming his products after science fiction references and talking smack on Twitter. Look closely at some of his "ideas" and he's not a very competent "engineer", just a very successful businessman with a laser focused goal.

For example...Why does he call for government subsidies of green energy to be repealed(https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/10/tesla-motors-free-ride-elon-musk-government-subsidies/) suspiciously AFTER he alone has put in the massive cost to construct solar manufacturing plants? Could it be because he desires to be the only competitor?

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...kers-to-prove-haters-wrong-ramp-up-production

Looks like having astoundingly high charisma doesn't prevent a company that doesn't make enough money from losing business. When the green energy subsidies run out and you're left with too high an operating cost, rely on nonstop product launches to gather capital. When the stock price prevents new investors from signing on as a result of the laughable profit margin, just........ask for volunteers to build your stuff instead?

What do you people think about tesla, and musk in general? I find him to be a man that perfectly captured his target audience ("uneducated" but "I love science" millennials). SpaceX got massive publicity on basically a required rocket launch, which I debated posting here but never got around to it. No doubt the launch was a success, but broadcasting a car going to space is...not impressive at all. That's not a revolution, it's smart use of your resources (otherwise empty rocket). And as successful as spacex is, look at Tesla and SolarCity and the problems become pretty evident. Don't get me started on the "flamethrower" or "vtol supersonic electric jet aircraft"
I think Tesla and Elon Musk are too focused on the current age and not the future. All this innovation can be really bad for the planet, and with Musk's new SpaceX rocket that lands itself, it's so much cheaper to go to space with cargo, or even people. This makes scientists want to go to space now, because their finite funds won't be eliminated with a single experiment in zero-G. This means rockets, emissions, and a lot more stuff that goes into our atmosphere, and soon cities that launch rockets will be extremely polluted. Sure, scientists will find brand new ways to keep our planet clean, but I think Elon Musk is advancing too quickly. A Tesla's battery requires rare metals, that requires mining, and I'm sure you can tell how good that is for the environment. People are buying these Teslas and throwing away their old cars and go home thinking they did a good deed for the Earth. Just imagine how bad it'll be when they boost production, lower prices as an effect, make more people buy their cars, boost mining, and increase carbon emissions. I'm not saying it's wrong for Elon Musk to do this, or that he's wrong for doing anything he did (aside from the flamethrowers), I'm just saying that he'd better find a way to clean up his carbon footprint. Fast. If the general public actually understands what's going on behind-the-scenes, they won't be happy. Him hurting the planet, displacing workers, and forcing engineering too quickly for other important things to keep up will not sit well with them. It's only a matter of time before he goes a bit too far.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Or maybe as Elon Musk scales up, advancements and optimisations might make the manufacturing process greener. I share your skepticism, but given Elon's open commitment to the environment that's not a possibility to be discarded.

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
Or maybe as Elon Musk scales up, advancements and optimisations might make the manufacturing process greener. I share your skepticism, but given Elon's open commitment to the environment that's not a possibility to be discarded.
It’s impossible for someone like him to ignore the long-term fully, but I felt he just valued what he was going for more then than the environment. I’m not saying you’re wrong and I’m not correcting myself, but I felt I should throw that out there.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This time on 'your fav is problematic': Christine Hoff Summers, the "factual feminist", was mentioned by the SPLC for her work on behalf of 'male rights' movements (i cant even type that without cackling a little bit tbh).

Last month, the SPLC listed MRA groups under a new (?) category of hate groups designated "the male supremacy" movement, the report from the SPLC mentioned Christine Hoff Summers' tangible affiliations with the movement. To refresh yall: Some of Hoff Summers greatest hits include writing a book called The War on Boys, going on white supremacist media to explain that the wage gap (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_pay_gap#Effect_of_discrimination) doesn't actually exist, and she was also one of many recent darlings of rightwing media to pose as a crisis-actor, espousing the dangers college campuses pose to 'free speech' along with the now disgraced gay boy Milo Y.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch...-hoff-sommers-cant-take-single-line-criticism

And getting back to toxic masculinity and Jordan Peterson, the psychological profile of women advanced by Jordan Peterson and others is indicative of thinly veiled longing for patriarchal dominance. These men's views, that women unconsciously long for the dominance of men, are a projection of their own deep-seated longing to dominate women. Their psychological profiling of women reveals their urgent need to realize a world in which women are subservient to their desires, are objects that belong to men. The SPLC report describes male supremacy as:

"Male supremacy misrepresents all women as genetically inferior, manipulative and stupid and reduces them to their reproductive or sexual function — with sex being something that they owe men and that can or even should be coerced out of them. Driven by a biological analysis of women as fundamentally inferior to men, male supremacists malign women specifically for their gender. Their thinly veiled desire for the domination of women and their conviction that the current system oppresses men in favor of women are the unifying tenets of the male supremacist worldview."

Anyway, Sommers went on twitter to defend herself against the report's descriptions of her activities as advocating on behalf of male supremacist causes, even though she has defended the online harassment and threat campaigns that typically male 'gamers' brought about against female journalists during the 'Gamer-gate controversy' (looking back from 2018 that type of harassment has become way more normal y/n).

So it seems to me like Sommers and Peterson represent 2 peas in a patriarchal pod, one hand proclaims a conspiracy against males and the other hand naturalizes the domination of males through appeals to psuedo-sciences such as evolutionary psychology (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...psychology-total-utter-and-dangerous-bullshit <-not relevant to this post).

until next time

Last edited by a moderator:

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
This time on 'your fav is problematic': Christine Hoff Summers, the "factual feminist", was mentioned by the SPLC for her work on behalf of 'male rights' movements (i cant even type that without cackling a little bit tbh).
The SPLC is not objective. I don't know their previous history but as of now it's well known that it's essentially a propaganda machine that picks and chooses criteria for "hate groups" based solely on their political affiliation. Some of the things considered to be in the realm of "hate groups" include saying that children raised by same-sex parents turn out healthier, or saying that early childhood experiences can affect a person's sexuality. The former isn't clear as I'm seeing conflicting research on it but the latter is very well-documented as being true. They also refused to label Black Lives Matter or Occupy as hate groups despite their occasional connections with extremism and violence, making the claim that hate groups only count if they promote hatred against innate characteristics--skin color, race, disability, etc. Aaaaand then they proceed to include anti-muslim groups in their hate crime database. Oh, oh, I'm sorry. They include hatred of someone's religion in their hate group definition, but only religion. Class and political affiliation don't count, of course. Why this strange definition? Well according to a representative, the SPLC is "not set up to cover the extreme left". Perhaps that's why the FBI no longer considers them a legitimate source.

Anyway judging by the fact that the SPLC is clearly a non-objective political smear group rather than a legitimate political entity, let's take their theories with a grain of salt.

If you don't mind me breaking through the hilariously transparent facade of "I'm an attractive smart woman(or man, I have no way of knowing really) above all you fat stupid neckbeards" you put up to mask your daddy/self esteem issues, why do you find the need to "laugh" at the concept of a rights group? Males are benefitted by their gender in a LOT (many might say all!) of sectors, such as getting jobs, and one can recognize this without ignoring that in other sectors, whether you believe them to be minuscule or not, females are benefited by their gender. One could also argue that this is because of the evil group of men who meet around a table and decide how they'll oppress women for the next month, but does that make the point any less valid? Men get their reports of domestic abuse and rape taken less seriously, have a significant disadvantage in school, and are much less successful in child custody cases. And men are the ones affected the most by the US justice system, which I'm sure you believe is evil.

Even if men received absolutely no disadvantages from their gender, still why would a group looking out for them be bad? There are plenty of examples of the privileged of society suddenly losing their rights and later their lives, just look at what happened to the landowners in China or the Kulaks in Russia.

Please at least put some effort into the token "b-but feminism fights muh patriarchy so therefore its the only movement men will ever need" argument.

Last month, the SPLC listed MRA groups under a new (?) category of hate groups designated "the male supremacy" movement, the report from the SPLC mentioned Christine Hoff Summers' tangible affiliations with the movement.
As we've already established the SPLC is not a credible source on hate groups as they're heavily biased towards one end of the political spectrum and they're not objective. Mind showing me the actual support for "male supremacy" movements, including members, prominent figures, public opinion, funding, etc? I'm not going to allow you to make things up.

To refresh yall:
Very hip and different. I'm taken aback by your ability to speak casually and informally at the same time! You should write bad "young adult fiction" novels about distant and edgy teens once you're done consistently shitting out hilariously desperate political posts on a chinese video-cockfighting simulator forum.

Some of Hoff Summers greatest hits include writing a book called The War on Boys,
What exactly is wrong with that? Considering you haven't read it, probably because your sociology professor probably didn't include it in her curriculum, what are your answers as to why males are now falling behind females in terms of school? There's a significant gap between the genders in graduation rates, is this because of muh evil secret patriarchy or something else? By the way, why is it you're speaking so unconcerned about this? If feminism really is all about equality for men and women, as I'm sure you'll argue in your reply made 30 minutes after I post this, than why are you not fighting for equality in graduation?

going on white supremacist media
Please please tell me you're talking about an actual "white supremacist media" site and not Fox News, for my sanity's sake and your reputation as a proud member of the lefty internet defense force.

to explain that the wage gap (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_pay_gap#Effect_of_discrimination) doesn't actually exist,
I'm not sure which interview you're referring to here but she was likely arguing that the assertion that "women earn 77 cents to a man's dollar" is wrong, which according to every single legitimate report I've read on it, is true. The adjusted pay gap between men and women is around 96 cents to a man's dollar, not only is this much less significant than leftists would like you to believe, but the reason for the still-remaining 4 cents (still something we need to learn more about and combat if possible!) is attributed more to women tending not to be as assertive when it comes to asking for raises and such, not muh sexism, which isn't even quantifiable.

and she was also one of many recent darlings of rightwing media to pose as a crisis-actor, espousing the dangers college campuses pose to 'free speech' along with the now disgraced gay boy Milo Y.
Elaborate? What's your definition of a "crisis actor"? Do you not believe that free speech and openness to new ideas is something desirable on college campuses?

And getting back to toxic masculinity and Jordan Peterson,
Man nothing says "I'm against sexism" like saying traditional and biological male traits are "toxic".

the psychological profile of women advanced by Jordan Peterson and others is indicative of thinly veiled longing for patriarchal dominance. These men's views, that women unconsciously long for the dominance of men, are a projection of their own deep-seated longing to dominate women.
When Peterson said this he very specifically said to the audience that it was his own personal opinion and they were not to interpret it as fact or backed by evidence. I'm not sure about the last part but research does show that traits such as assertiveness and confidence are among the most attractive traits to women in general.

Their psychological profiling of women reveals their urgent need to realize a world in which women are subservient to their desires, are objects that belong to men.
That's a pretty big accusation. Can I get some direct quotations? In the ones I've heard, Peterson routinely advocates for gender equality in terms of equal opportunity, saying that it's "imminently desirable for everyone" and on one occasion speaking on the economic benefits of workplace equality.

"Male supremacy misrepresents all women as genetically inferior, manipulative and stupid and reduces them to their reproductive or sexual function — with sex being something that they owe men and that can or even should be coerced out of them. Driven by a biological analysis of women as fundamentally inferior to men, male supremacists malign women specifically for their gender. Their thinly veiled desire for the domination of women and their conviction that the current system oppresses men in favor of women are the unifying tenets of the male supremacist worldview."
Again, you're not showing enough to prove that this movement is legitimate. I'm a very politically active "white male" who often treads into right-wing extremist circles (for the sole purpose of trying to bring young people out of the grip of radicalism, something I've never seen the left even try to do) and I've never even heard of a "male supremacist movement".

Anyway, Sommers went on twitter to defend herself against the report's descriptions of her activities as advocating on behalf of male supremacist causes, even though she has defended the online harassment and threat campaigns that typically male 'gamers' brought about against female journalists during the 'Gamer-gate controversy' (looking back from 2018 that type of harassment has become way more normal y/n).
I'm not getting into this because it's dumb and the left's pathetic attempts to put an entire entertainment industry in a generalist bubble with painfully vague accusations are nothing new. If the few trolls harrassing Anita or whoever are representative of the entire video game community, then the BLM police shooters are representative of BLM.

In that video, which I'm assuming you didn't watch (I'm sure you're VERY busy) she specifically criticizes the accusations that video games cause sexism and that they are disproportionately sexist towards women. I heard nothing about how men are superior and that an unequal patriarchy is desirable, but I guess when you put on outrage glasses anything seems like that.

So it seems to me like Sommers and Peterson represent 2 peas in a patriarchal pod, one hand proclaims a conspiracy against males
But she specifically is speaking out against policies in education that make males suffer in terms of grades and graduation, why is this bad???? Are you really going to try and make the argument that you're not sexist while also brushing off legitimate concerns about males as if they don't matter?

and the other hand naturalizes the domination of males through appeals to psuedo-sciences such as evolutionary psychology (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...psychology-total-utter-and-dangerous-bullshit <-not relevant to this post).
Imagine how delusional one has to be to think that one LITERAL BLOGPOST is enough to discredit an entire field of science.

until next time
I'm sure your many fans will be waiting eagerly for your next soapbox in a thread for current news.

I ask that the mods treat all posts, regardless of political affiliation, to the same standard in terms of site rules.

Also fun fact: I wrote to Mrs. Sommers after reading the War on Boys book and actually got a response!

The SPLC is not objective. I don't know their previous history but as of now it's well known that it's essentially a propaganda machine that picks and chooses criteria for "hate groups" based solely on their political affiliation. Some of the things considered to be in the realm of "hate groups" include saying that children raised by same-sex parents turn out healthier, or saying that early childhood experiences can affect a person's sexuality. The former isn't clear as I'm seeing conflicting research on it but the latter is very well-documented as being true. They also refused to label Black Lives Matter or Occupy as hate groups despite their occasional connections with extremism and violence, making the claim that hate groups only count if they promote hatred against innate characteristics--skin color, race, disability, etc. Aaaaand then they proceed to include anti-muslim groups in their hate crime database. Oh, oh, I'm sorry. They include hatred of someone's religion in their hate group definition, but only religion. Class and political affiliation don't count, of course. Why this strange definition? Well according to a representative, the SPLC is "not set up to cover the extreme left". Perhaps that's why the FBI no longer considers them a legitimate source.

Anyway judging by the fact that the SPLC is clearly a non-objective political smear group rather than a legitimate political entity, let's take their theories with a grain of salt.

If you don't mind me breaking through the hilariously transparent facade of "I'm an attractive smart woman(or man, I have no way of knowing really) above all you fat stupid neckbeards" you put up to mask your daddy/self esteem issues, why do you find the need to "laugh" at the concept of a rights group? Males are benefitted by their gender in a LOT (many might say all!) of sectors, such as getting jobs, and one can recognize this without ignoring that in other sectors, whether you believe them to be minuscule or not, females are benefited by their gender. One could also argue that this is because of the evil group of men who meet around a table and decide how they'll oppress women for the next month, but does that make the point any less valid? Men get their reports of domestic abuse and rape taken less seriously, have a significant disadvantage in school, and are much less successful in child custody cases. And men are the ones affected the most by the US justice system, which I'm sure you believe is evil.

Even if men received absolutely no disadvantages from their gender, still why would a group looking out for them be bad? There are plenty of examples of the privileged of society suddenly losing their rights and later their lives, just look at what happened to the landowners in China or the Kulaks in Russia.

Please at least put some effort into the token "b-but feminism fights muh patriarchy so therefore its the only movement men will ever need" argument.

As we've already established the SPLC is not a credible source on hate groups as they're heavily biased towards one end of the political spectrum and they're not objective. Mind showing me the actual support for "male supremacy" movements, including members, prominent figures, public opinion, funding, etc? I'm not going to allow you to make things up.

Very hip and different. I'm taken aback by your ability to speak casually and informally at the same time! You should write bad "young adult fiction" novels about distant and edgy teens once you're done consistently shitting out hilariously desperate political posts on a chinese video-cockfighting simulator forum.

What exactly is wrong with that? Considering you haven't read it, probably because your sociology professor probably didn't include it in her curriculum, what are your answers as to why males are now falling behind females in terms of school? There's a significant gap between the genders in graduation rates, is this because of muh evil secret patriarchy or something else? By the way, why is it you're speaking so unconcerned about this? If feminism really is all about equality for men and women, as I'm sure you'll argue in your reply made 30 minutes after I post this, than why are you not fighting for equality in graduation?

Please please tell me you're talking about an actual "white supremacist media" site and not Fox News, for my sanity's sake and your reputation as a proud member of the lefty internet defense force.

I'm not sure which interview you're referring to here but she was likely arguing that the assertion that "women earn 77 cents to a man's dollar" is wrong, which according to every single legitimate report I've read on it, is true. The adjusted pay gap between men and women is around 96 cents to a man's dollar, not only is this much less significant than leftists would like you to believe, but the reason for the still-remaining 4 cents (still something we need to learn more about and combat if possible!) is attributed more to women tending not to be as assertive when it comes to asking for raises and such, not muh sexism, which isn't even quantifiable.

Elaborate? What's your definition of a "crisis actor"? Do you not believe that free speech and openness to new ideas is something desirable on college campuses?

Man nothing says "I'm against sexism" like saying traditional and biological male traits are "toxic".

When Peterson said this he very specifically said to the audience that it was his own personal opinion and they were not to interpret it as fact or backed by evidence. I'm not sure about the last part but research does show that traits such as assertiveness and confidence are among the most attractive traits to women in general.

That's a pretty big accusation. Can I get some direct quotations? In the ones I've heard, Peterson routinely advocates for gender equality in terms of equal opportunity, saying that it's "imminently desirable for everyone" and on one occasion speaking on the economic benefits of workplace equality.

Again, you're not showing enough to prove that this movement is legitimate. I'm a very politically active "white male" who often treads into right-wing extremist circles (for the sole purpose of trying to bring young people out of the grip of radicalism, something I've never seen the left even try to do) and I've never even heard of a "male supremacist movement".

I'm not getting into this because it's dumb and the left's pathetic attempts to put an entire entertainment industry in a generalist bubble with painfully vague accusations are nothing new. If the few trolls harrassing Anita or whoever are representative of the entire video game community, then the BLM police shooters are representative of BLM.

In that video, which I'm assuming you didn't watch (I'm sure you're VERY busy) she specifically criticizes the accusations that video games cause sexism and that they are disproportionately sexist towards women. I heard nothing about how men are superior and that an unequal patriarchy is desirable, but I guess when you put on outrage glasses anything seems like that.

But she specifically is speaking out against policies in education that make males suffer in terms of grades and graduation, why is this bad???? Are you really going to try and make the argument that you're not sexist while also brushing off legitimate concerns about males as if they don't matter?

Imagine how delusional one has to be to think that one LITERAL BLOGPOST is enough to discredit an entire field of science.

I'm sure your many fans will be waiting eagerly for your next soapbox in a thread for current news.

I ask that the mods treat all posts, regardless of political affiliation, to the same standard in terms of site rules.

Also fun fact: I wrote to Mrs. Sommers after reading the War on Boys book and actually got a response!

I don't care what you call people in firebot but let's tone down the "fat neckbeard" stuff around here, please.

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
Active Shooter At the YouTube HQ

What they Know

-Shooter was a Female in a Headscarf
- Potential Employee
- Four Injuries
- Gunshots began in a patio during a lunch break

https://www.reddit.com/live/10pr5cof8gf2a
Ouch. Since it was in a patio during lunch break, it was most likely an employee. And there are only four injuries, not casualties, so that’s good...

Anyone else noticing a rise in shootings recently, just like a rise in sexual assault allegations last year? I mean, there was that shooting in Vegas, and then that shooting at the school in Florida, and now we can add San Bruno to the list of recent shooting locations. It’s not a good thing, obviously, and shootings are probably being incited by these shootings! The news media airs this stuff, and that tells future shooters what’ll happen if they go through with their morbid plans. This makes more shooters arise, and it’s rooted in the media. We could either air this stuff and keep going, until a #NeverAgain movement arises... Again... Or we could stop airing this, and when a shooting comes up and it’s not aired, fewer shootings arise but a #VictimLivesMatter movement arises. We’re stuck here and there’s no easy solution. Arming students with stones is a good idea like that school in Maine already found out, but it’s no permanent solution. Simply raising the age limit won’t do anything, for a child could use the gun money and pay an adult to do the dirty work, or give them the gun.

This kind of thing is too difficult to solve soon, because there are recreational shooters that abide the law that can petition the government to revise their plan if something goes wrong on their end. I can’t see the end soon, and we might have to wait for the next generation in order to see a prodigy able to solve this impossible puzzle. It’s just awful.

Too bad I have no clue what to do to help the situation so I guess I’ll just rant about it on a blog. :P

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/2...t-in-abdomen-by-israel-sniper-on-gaza-border/

Not to mention other acts of violence against Protesters.

Why aren't major news networks covering this?
If it's any consolation, CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) did. http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/gaza-border-protests-journalist-killed-1.4609744

It's weird/disheartening to see the lack of American coverage on this. Are American news networks really that much in Israel's pocket? Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)