[Gen8] JPN Dittos + VGC mons + Useful Items Giveaway [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No set :P
Also not thrilled to replay the game to get Urshifu.
That fair. I was thinking max spe, 120 spedef, and the rest in attack, or, max attack max spe, or max hp and max attack. As for the sets: I was thinking wicked blow, sucker punch, close combat, iron head or protect for dark type, and surging strikes, aqua jet, close combat, iron head or protect on water type

Hey anubis, could you consider adding indeedee-male? it currently has 13% usage on pikalytics, and is not featured here. a spread will be featured below.

Indeedee (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Psychic Surge
Level: 50
IVs: 0 atk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Expanding Force
- Mystical Fire
- Imprison
- Trick Room

Last edited:

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey anubis, could you consider adding indeedee-male? it currently has 13% usage on pikalytics, and is not featured here. a spread will be featured below.

IVs: 0 atk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Expanding Force
- Mystical Fire
- Imprison
- Trick Room
I added one (though most of the moves are TM so easy to obtain). Also updated Indeedee-F to have Expanding Force. Please note that the nicknames have changed for Indeedee-F!
indfEV (if you want EVs)
indfNO (if you want NO EVs)
Indeedee-F (F) @ Safety Goggles
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
EVs: 238 HP / 252 Def / 20 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Helping Hand
- Follow Me
- Expanding Force
- Protect
OT: Anubis
TID: 069958
Dream Ball
Minted from Bashful base nature
Dynamax Level 10
Relearns Ally Switch, Heal Pulse
indmEV (if you want EVs)
indmNO (if you want NO EVs)
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ally Switch
- Hyper Voice
Dream Ball
Dynamax Level 10
Relearns Shadow Ball

If any of my old mons could benefit from an update post-DLC, let me know!

I added one (though most of the moves are TM so easy to obtain). Also updated Indeedee-F to have Expanding Force. Please note that the nicknames have changed for Indeedee-F!
indfEV (if you want EVs)
indfNO (if you want NO EVs)
Indeedee-F (F) @ Safety Goggles
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
EVs: 238 HP / 252 Def / 20 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Helping Hand
- Follow Me
- Expanding Force
- Protect
Dream Ball
Dynamax Level 10
Relearns Ally Switch, Heal Pulse
indmEV (if you want EVs)
indmNO (if you want NO EVs)
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ally Switch
- Hyper Voice
Dream Ball
Dynamax Level 10
Relearns Shadow Ball

If any of my old mons could benefit from an update post-DLC, let me know!
Indeedee-m is giving me a Bashful nature, not timid. its not a very big deal, but I thought I should let u know

This Duo has a nice start up. First Turn Gmax the Palossand and attack it with the Water Shuriken of Accelgor. You have now a high chance to max out the Defense of Palossand because of its ability and you get a +2 Boost in SpA through the Weakness Policy. Now you just push your Special Defense with the ground gmax Move.
This set won me Matches in 3-5 Turns.

Palossand @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Water Compaction
Level: 100
252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Att/0 Spe
Moves:
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
252 HP/4 SpD/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
Moves:
- Yawn
- Water Shuriken
- Encore
- U-Turn

Hi, this whole thing is amazing. However for some reason I have found the bot several times, see that the correct Pokemon is to be traded for my wooloo, but wait a couple of minutes only to have the bot cancel without trading. Anybody having the same issue?

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hi, this whole thing is amazing. However for some reason I have found the bot several times, see that the correct Pokemon is to be traded for my wooloo, but wait a couple of minutes only to have the bot cancel without trading. Anybody having the same issue?
What's your IGN?

Hey Anubis, if it’s possible, can you add Azumarill? Here is a common set. If it’s not too much trouble, can you add Belly Drum as a move for it to remember?

Azumarill @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
IVs: 0 Spe
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Steel Roller

I see no reason why it should have. It's properly labeled.
EDIT: Also tried it myself, got the appropriate Rillaboom. Are you sure you spelled it right?
I'm not sure, as in I don't have logs and photos... Do you want me to try to reproduce the problem? Anyways, I'm satisfied, he came bearing gifts :D

No set :P
Also not thrilled to replay the game to get Urshifu.
Hey Anubis, if it’s possible, can you add Azumarill? Here is a common set. If it’s not too much trouble, can you add Belly Drum as a move for it to remember?

Azumarill @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Steel Roller
This Duo has a nice start up. First Turn Gmax the Palossand and attack it with the Water Shuriken of Accelgor. You have now a high chance to max out the Defense of Palossand because of its ability and you get a +2 Boost in SpA through the Weakness Policy. Now you just push your Special Defense with the ground gmax Move.
This set won me Matches in 3-5 Turns.

Palossand @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Water Compaction
252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Att/0 Spe
Moves:
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
252 HP/4 SpD/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
Moves:
- Yawn
- Water Shuriken
- Encore
- U-Turn
I've made some comprehensive sets for both forms of Urshifu and Azumarill if you're looking for Pikalytics-relevant sets! At the time of writing, Water Ursh is 9.73% usage, Dark Ursh is 6.93%, and Azumarill is 4.19%. The latter two would ideally be a bit higher in usage for them to be added to the GA thread but I've used both this format and think they could rise should the meta see to it, so I might as well post spreads as long as people are asking :P

Urshifu-Gmax (Water and Dark) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Level-Up:
- Wicked Blow/Surging Strikes
- Sucker Punch/Aqua Jet
- Aerial Ace
- Detect
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
TMs:
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide
- U-Turn
TRs:
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Urshifu is a nutty Pokemon, its most-used moves are those it obtains by level up despite having a crazy amount of coverage options thru TMs and TRs. Thankfully the different forms don't differ too much that they would require much else other than your basic physical attacker set. Azu on the other hand...

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Brave Nature
Level-Up:
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Bounce
TMs:
- Ice Punch
- Dig
- Brick Break
- Protect
TRs:
- Liquidation
Egg Moves:
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
Move Tutor:
- Steel Roller

At the time of writing, Assault Vest is actually Azu's most used item, but I figured I'd give you the Belly Drum set as I have no clue what EVs an AV Azu would even use and because Belly Drum is an Egg Move. The 244 HP EVs are so that it hits an even number HP stat at level 50 for the Sitrus Berry proc upon using Belly Drum. I hope you find these useful!!!

As for Palossand + Accelgor, it's a gimmick that's been tried for every format both are allowed and it underperforms just about every time. This is quite possibly one of the worst years for it since redirection from Amoonguss and Togekiss are as powerful as ever, and you won't get your Shuriken off to make the gimmick work. I won't bore you with competitive history, but I 100% do not recommend those two be added to the GA Thread at all. If that wasn't enough convincing, the usage of Palossand and Accelgor COMBINED doesn't even reach 1%, the former sitting with .54% and the latter at .40% at the time of writing.
EDIT: Misty Explosion is also worth considering for the Azu because 0 SpA Fairy Boom can proc Weakness Policy on partner fighting or dark types. A common meme I've seen with it is partnering with Receiver Passimian to take the Huge Power ability then sweep from there. I would never say add a Pokemon just for the meme but since it's a meme on an otherwise already solid mon, perhaps it's worth the consideration :P Thanks very much Anubis!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)