Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
Something about Bruxish and the Dazzle ability. Since it's immune to Priority, does that mean it's immune to Pursuit if it attempts to switch out as Pursuit gains Priority?
nope, not immune

e: pursuit doesn't have priority in the conventional sense; it just goes before everything. priority moves (or moves given priority via prankster / gale wings) literally have a number tied to them afaik whereas pursuit does not

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The only thing I can see that can make Togedemaru less useful for VGC is that it gets 4x hit by e-quake. If it gets magnet pull, though xD.

Btw, there's not a single Gen VII mon that I haven't liked. Nice job, GF. Show me more, plz!
Do you mean Magnet Rise? That'll help, though it'll still be weak to Ground & Fire.

Most of the Electric types get Magnet Rise so it should get it.

Of course, that depends if it's an Egg Move. Doubt Move Tutors will be in the first game of the Generation (They never are). Maybe next game. Hey, who knows, they might have them?

No, its not.

This my fellow Smogonites is a Bee Fly. While they are fuzzy and cute as all heck, these little terrors sneak their eggs into bee hives where they hatch and eat up their food reserves under the guise of an actual baby bee.

As for why its a fairy type, its actually very simple; they are also Changeling, a fairy that steals human babies and replaces it with one of their own, where it is taken care of by loving parents until its true nature is finally discovered.
That's a brilliant concept! It makes me love Cutiepie even more!

After the same thing happened with TLG just a bit more than a decade ago, I doubt Game Freak or TPCi or whoever's in charge of this is going in for a repeat performance.
I was just about to make that point.

Thoughts on certain Pokemon:

Vikavolt: I really love this Pokemon. It has a really great design (kinda looks like a hybrid of Mega Pinsir and Base Heracross) and a very unique typing for an early game Bug-type. Electric Bug is something no other early game Bug type has had before and considering this games tropical setting and environment (implying that there will be a ton of water-, flying-, and grass-type pokemon) I think this mon has the potential to be very useful in-game. I just hope that its stats don't end up being complete garbage like some of the other early game bugs.

Tapu Koko: This guy looks really unique. Its design looks very festive and seems to represent the alola region's tropical feel quite nicely. Its ability looks like it will make this pokemon amazing both on in game runs and competitively (boosting the power of electric moves + completely preventing sleep are HUGE perks). That being said, I'm genuinely interested in how the player actually obtains this Pokemon in-game considering its the island guardian. My guess is thats its either an interactable pokemon that is somewhat similar to zen mode darmanitan in BW or Hala gives it as a gift Pokemon.

Togedemaru: Out of all the Pikachu clones, this one looks like it will be the most useful overall thanks to its additional steel typing, giving it a plethora of resistances. It looks like it will be pretty amazing in-game if it is availible early since it can counter most of the early game mons pretty well. Like with Vikavolt, I just hope its base stats end up being semi-decent.

I agree with what you said though, pretty much my thoughts.

The only thing I can see that can make Togedemaru less useful for VGC is that it gets 4x hit by e-quake. If it gets magnet pull, though xD.

Btw, there's not a single Gen VII mon that I haven't liked. Nice job, GF. Show me more, plz!
two things: togedemaru is a japanese name, yet also it is the english name: supposedly

anyone else notice how big vikavolt compared to the trainer? its bier than most regional bugs.
also how do we know these are the pokemon that will be announced tomorrow? is there any confirmation?
finally, how do we know the english names already if there is only a jampanese trailer

two things: togedemaru is a japanese name, yet also it is the english name: supposedly

anyone else notice how big vikavolt compared to the trainer? its bier than most regional bugs.
also how do we know these are the pokemon that will be announced tomorrow? is there any confirmation?
finally, how do we know the english names already if there is only a jampanese trailer
We don't know the english names.

Now that I think about it, is there any typing in the game other than Steel/Electric that resists BoltBeam? The only other thing that's coming to mind is Thick Fat Mamoswine but I don't think anything else resists the combo just based on type. It seems like that's pretty relevant given how common BoltBeam is nowadays on stuff like Mega Latias, Mega Metagross, Mega Medicham, etc. So I guess I'm just hoping this thing doesn't have Dedenne-like stats....

Edit: Ahh right, by typing there's Electric/Fire and Electric/Ice. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, is there any typing in the game other than Steel/Electric that resists BoltBeam? The only other thing that's coming to mind is Thick Fat Mamoswine but I don't think anything else resists the combo just based on type. It seems like that's pretty relevant given how common BoltBeam is nowadays on stuff like Mega Latias, Mega Metagross, Mega Medicham, etc. So I guess I'm just hoping this thing doesn't have Dedenne-like stats....
Chinchou and Lanturn are resistant to BoltBeam, along with Seaking.

Only Electric/Fire (Rotom-H) and Electric/Ice (Rotom-F) resist Bolt Beam by typing alone as well.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:171Lanturn.png

EDIT: Ninja-ed

If Tapu Koko isn't a restricted legendary (which seems unlikely), I'm super interested in how it's going to affect Triples and to a lesser extent Doubles. Automatic Electric Terrain nullifies the pressure of Smeargle's Dark Void, if it isn't banned after taking center stage in VGC, and I'd be interested to see other ways teams could begin taking advantage of the five turns of terrain.

If Tapu Koko isn't a restricted legendary (which seems unlikely), I'm super interested in how it's going to affect Triples and to a lesser extent Doubles. Automatic Electric Terrain nullifies the pressure of Smeargle's Dark Void, if it isn't banned after taking center stage in VGC, and I'd be interested to see other ways teams could begin taking advantage of the five turns of terrain.
Well, if it is a legendary, it's not a box cover one nor a mythical; so it'd be legal in VGC. And assuming it doesn't end up being OP, in Smogon as well.

Well, if it is a legendary, it's not a box cover one nor a mythical; so it'd be legal in VGC. And assuming it doesn't end up being OP, in Smogon as well.
Unless it's the third legendary a la Rayquaza.

I agree it's unlikely though. Part of me wonders if it's actually a response to Dark Void's presence in certain meta games (VGC '16 and Triples especially), though the simpler move would probably have been to ban it if they didn't like that.

But yeah; I see it making a splash. It'll have to not be garbage outside of its ability, but it already has solid typing.

Unless it's the third legendary a la Rayquaza.

I agree it's unlikely though. Part of me wonders if it's actually a response to Dark Void's presence in certain meta games (VGC '16 and Triples especially), though the simpler move would probably have been to ban it if they didn't like that.

But yeah; I see it making a splash. It'll have to not be garbage outside of its ability, but it already has solid typing.
It is probably not the third legendary. No way in heck.

To all the people saying bruxish is ugly, I think it's intentional. I'm pretty sure it's based off the flamboyant, drag queen trope.

Alright I initially thought togedemaru was fat and ugly but the spikes made it adorable! The official art doesn't do it justice imo.
upload_2016-7-1_12-42-54.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)