Other Features Gen VI in Anime Style Battling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello every it's Box from ASB! I reckoned it would be a good idea to bring up ASB again with the advent of Gen VI, particularly with our overhaul in the generation transition. I'm new to this, but feedback and criticism is appreciated!

---
Intro
  • Brief introduction of Smogon’s ASB, for those that remain unaware of its existence.
    • What is it, where to find it, etc.
    • Links to previous articles for reference
  • · History of ASB – Then and Now
    • Deck’s side project to the full-blown ASB League we have today
    • Talk about transition from Gen V to Gen VI and the many changes that came with it
Mechanic changes
  • Revamp of the stat system – How your favourite Pokemon got even stronger!
    • Ongoing balance changes are always happening. Gen VI saw yet another balance change as many Pokemon received stat bonuses from a new stat system
  • STABS – Not just an ‘attack’ bonus!
    • Talk about the unique quality of STABs in ASB and how they became even more versatile with Gen VI changes
    • Note how we reflect in-game changes i.e. OP Toxic
Fairies!
  • Fairies rocked the standard metagame, and they are just as strong in ASB
  • List certain useful Fairies – How those that weren’t very useful in standard are great in ASB
    • Reiterate how in ASB, anything goes!
The Highlights of Gen VI in ASB
  • The newest ‘OPs’ of ASB –Goomy, Dragalge, etc
  • The best of abilities – Protean, Infiltrator, Oblivious
Join now! It’s easier than ever before!
  • Refined profile/registration system
  • Streamlined Data Audit/Handbook for ease of learning
  • Also, Beginner’s Guide is ready and written
    • Don't be intimidated! With the guide and IRC, we can ease you into the league with little hassle!
JOIN NOW WE NEED PLAYERS ASDFGHJKL

---
Well, there's my rough draft! Feedback would be golden :)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey Box! How quickly do you think you could write something like this up? We're releasing an issue very soon here (shh don't tell anyone), but we could potentially try to squeeze you in if you can do it sooner rather than later. What kind of a timeframe are you looking at here?

I can have it done in around 48 hours, possibly shorter if necessary. Say 36 hours in the least?

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I'm going to go ahead and approve this. Thanks for your interest in writing for The Smog! We'll work on getting you access to Article Workshop as soon as possible. You can discuss the progress of your article(s) on #thesmog (on synirc) with other writers, however keep in mind this is the only place you can discuss your article(s). If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of The Smog Staff, otherwise enjoy your time writing for the webzine. :)

--

(Jellicent gave access, don't worry Birkal!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)