Gen 4 > BW1 > BW2 Sand Team

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
~INTRODUCTION~

Hi I'm Snowflakes and this is a Gen 4 team revamped to work in BW that I made back in April, it's pretty basic, Azelf lead, Mence to break, Scrotom core to wittle down Luke to clean up and Choice Scarf Tyranitar to patch up some weaknesses and a way to combat Chloro sweepers. What I'm looking to get out of this RMT is to showcase my favourite team and one of my better built ones while also trying to get it revamps for the BW2 meta like I revamped it for BW1 and just get a larger opinion. (Also you can suggest the use of Garchomp as the OU Suspect ladder is generally what i'm playing ATM)

--

~THE TEAM~

--

kona ~ Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock - Hazards OP
- Taunt - Taunt deo-d? YES PLEASE
- Fire Blast - It's surprising how many people keep ferro or scizor in on this thing.
- U-turn - Adds to the Volturn shenanigans and helps to add damage to things like Lati@s, Celebi and forces switches gaining lots of momentum.

LEADS ARE DEAD! Well yeah with the addition of team preview they pretty much are but a suicide lead still works pretty well with my play style I do generally lead with this or Rotom-W and move from there depend on their team. This really helps make plays in the mid-game with saccing or having a quick u-turner to get a little bit of extra damage off also having a much needed unexpected fire move and taunt to help against things like Ferrothorn and some other walls.

--

Tyranijan ~ Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge - super powerful STAB, revenging various threats that take neutral and my go-to move if I need to clean up stuff like Heatran, filler, filler.
- Crunch - Good Sweeper move if steels are removed allows me to play mind games with opposing Lati@s etc.
- Pursuit - Mind games
- Superpower - Last pokemon heatran, Blissey, opposing TTar? Look no further!

One of my favourite sets and Pokemon ever, I love seeing Lati@s, Starmie, espeon and a few others on opponents teams as it's like starting off getting a kill already. It's no slouch either and is a good fail safe to get the last few mons standing gone.

--

Mince ~ Salamence @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 100 Atk / 176 SAtk / 232 Spd
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor - Breaking those physical walls like a boss
- Fire Blast - Ferrothorn, Scizor a safe move to use without the -2 spa drop
- Earthquake/Brick Break - Coverage moves for Heatran, Blissey, Tentacruel etc
- Roost - LO, Sand, SR and attacks all add up, you need a way to keep this guy healthy

DPP OU WALLS GOML. This thing was banned and for a reason last gen. This gen it's not as amazing with the popular rise of things like Gastro, Terrakion, and opposing weather but it still hits like a truck and baits in certain physical walls quite well, along with this it's a good check to Scizor, Lucario, Gliscor etc.
Notes: EQ vs. BB depends on how I'm feeling/judging the last few games and seeing which threats i need to cover more.

--

Luke ~ Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat - Super STAB and probably one of the best in the game
- ExtremeSpeed - Makes this thing a whole lot harder to revenge +2 priority was a pretty awesome buff
- Crunch/Bullet Punch - Coverage or a way to handle Scarf Tyranitar, Terrakion, Gengar
- Swords Dance - I don't really know why I use this I think it'd benefit more from Work Up.

My Sweeper and the reason for the team, Arguably the best DPP OU sweeper and with good reason and it comes back this Gen as an underrated sweeper in the BW OU metagame with powerful sweeping giants like Terrakion, Volcarona and Moxie Salamence to compete with but it's still one of my favourite resisting Scizor's BP having amazing priority in ESpeed and sometimes BP it doesn't have to worry about being outspeed as things like Landorus are being OHKO'd after a few SR switch ins or some previous damage.

--

Shissor ~ Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- U-turn - Cause MOMENTUM
- Bullet Punch - Priority 90BP after STAB and Technician YES PLEASE. Steel isn't a super awesome attacking type but it helps a lot against dragons and other things like Terrakion
- Superpower - I seldom use this or Pursuit but they come up occasionally though one of them will probably get replaced
- Pursuit - See above

My safety net against a lot of teams similar to Tyranitar. It's the main part of the U-turn core dealing major damage to switch ins and revenging many threats with Bullet Punch, it helps add that residual damage that is required for Luke to get those OHKO's.
Notes: I've been thinking of adding Quick Attack somewhere.

--

Rotajan-Wash ~ Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump - You need that STAB water move regardless of how much it sucks when it misses.
- Thunderbolt - Reliable spammable STAB which is a good clean-up button
- Volt Switch - the Volt in Volturn, good synergy and a slow switch to get in things like Tyranitar to trap that Lati@s switch into Rotom-Wash
- Rest - Recovery, Chesto also allows this to beat unsuspecting Breloom players thinking they're getting a free set-up.

Last but not least, ChestoRest Rotom-W. apparently this thing was rejected in QC cause pain split and lefties does it better. But this is my personal favourite. It bluffs specs sets (cause it outruns like nothing) really well and can get a surprise KO with a random Tbolt or Hpump thrown out. With proper prediction this thing really helps some things that I wouldn't be able to handle very well otherwise like Politoed and other bulky waters bar Gastrodon.
Notes: EVs are to maximize overall bulk (There's probably a better use of the EVs but I use it as a tank to many weak physical and special neutral hits and strong resisted special attacks), use to have signal beam and HP Grass instead of Thunderbolt.

~TEAM NOTES~
I have weaknesses to +1 Volc, Conkeldurr, Genesect, Non-choiced variants of Terrakion and Scarf if Scizor is dead and Rotom-W is weak, Spammers of Hydro Pump (Politoed, Keldeo). That's off the top of my head there's probably a few more but I haven't played this team much since June except in recent PS tournament where I got wrecked by Conkeldurr.

~CONCLUSION~

All in all I peaked in 1337 on PO back in May but I don't have a picture of it as I never really thought I'd RMT this but it was one of my favourite teams and as it still works against randoms on the PS ladder I would like to get some ideas on how to transfer a Gen 4 inspired team to the BW2 metagame. I think that's it, it's my first RMT so i may have forgotten something lol. Anyway if you're reading this I assume you finished so thanks for reading and RATE RATE RATE I want to start playing this team again with some changes ^.^

Anthiese

formerly Jac
Nice team there!

First thing: Genesect. What chu gonna do? I feel Mence can handle RP safely, but Scarf Sect will murder you. (but he murders most things...)

ANYWHO!!

I like the Azelf set a lot. Other than that, i dont see much issues with this team. Other than the obvious Genesect trollery. And maybe Genies or Terrakion.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hey,

Cool team Snowflakes, you've managed to adjust some old threats and make them work in the current metagame, so props on that. You've already rounded off the key threats to your team, so I am going to try and remedy some of them.
OK you were definitly right about fitting Quick Attack on Scizor. You already have a top notch pursuit trapper in Tyranitar so using Pursuit on Scizor is slightly redundant. Tyranitar can trap key pokemon that Scizor could such as Latias, Latios and Gengar while having the added bonus of trapping Starmie. Because of that, I would try Quick Attack > Pursuit on Scizor. This gives you a way to hit Volcarona and Gyarados for reasonable damage, which are both threatening for your team once they get to +1. Although the damage isn't great by any means, its good enough to get the job done.

Looking at your Azelf set, I thought it could be altered slightly to help your team out a bit. Using Azelf myself, I hardly ever find Focus Sash that useful. Sure it guarantees you rocks, but this makes Azelf very one dimensional in the impact it can have on the match. Sure it can get up Stealth Rock, but it really isn't going to do much else. I reccomend you switch your current Azelf set to a Life Orb + Stealth Rock set. This set works well in your team, as it can U-Turn out of stuff it can't set Stealth Rock on, most notably Starmie. It adds a surprise factor to your team, and can net some very nice KO's on pokemon that try to set up on Azelf as you can simply explode on them, and if it doesn't KO you have at least brought a switch in for your sweeper. The power increase on this Azelf makes him far more than just a Stealth Rock setter, hes a powerful attacker worthy of trying to keep alive to deal with threats. Although you lose the utility of taunt, Deoxy-D is rare enough, and Ferrothorn, Skarmory and some other common hazard setters are beaten by one of Azelfs attacking moves anyway

Finnally, opt for Bullet Punch > Crunch on Lucario. This allows you to beat Terrakion and heavily dent Gengar once your at +2, and your team has a much harder time dealing with them then it does with the main targets crunch is there to hit, in Jellicent and Reuniclus

GL with the team
Azelf @ Life Orb
Nature: Naive (+Spe -SpD)
EV's: 168Atk/ 98SpA/ 252Spe
Stealth Rock/ Fire Blast/ U-turn/ Explosion

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
Quick Attack > Pursuit

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well just wanted to hear more opinions I'll start testing

Life Orb + Stealth Rock

Sounds good, Woodchuck would always come into battles and yell EXPLOSION and maybe this time I'll actually have it so I can use explosion problem is the set you gave me has an extra 8 EVs.

Bullet Punch > Crunch

Yeah originally it was Bullet Punch but I had some trouble with Slowbro and Jelli a few times when Scizor (for slowbro) and Rotom-Wash was dead (for both) so I tried it out, it was more of a recent change so I never really got a chance to test much

GL with the team

Azelf @ Life Orb
Nature: Naive (+Spe -SpD)
EV's: 168Atk/ 98SpA/ 252Spe
Stealth Rock/ Fire Blast/ U-turn/ Explosion

Genesect, Genies or Terrakion.

Yeah very true, with Torn-t carrying Superpower or spamming u-turn hurts my team and weakens my Rotom-Wash a lot and that's really my only switch in as Tyranitar now can't outspeed the genie. Terrakion like I edited in I do have problems with certain sets and Gene.. well this team doesn't have a good switch in so I really rely on predictions and SR to whittle him down. as for the other genies they're pretty easy unless Landorus EBelt set which I could see myself having trouble with but I never see it (which is sad cause it's such an awesome set)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)