Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Not going to lie. That was brutal especially the Abortion by Frey. I read the book and saw it coming and it still was gut wrenching.

Spoiler if you haven't watched the episode yet:
WHAT THE FUCK!!! WHY!?!? WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL GREY WIND!!!!! I COULD CARELESS ABOUT ANYONE ELSE, BUT THEY JUST HAD TO KILL MY FAVORITE DIREWOLF!!!!! :'(

I hope Arya kills them all!

Hodor? Hodor! HODOR HODOR HODOR!!!!!!

But really, holy shit did not see that coming. And the silent ending, letting Cat's scream echo. Awesome episode. I'm seriously convinced that the starks are all going to die and their only job was to introduce all the real players in the game of thrones.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
so basically lord frey and roose bolton can go suck a dick right alongside cersei

btw it fucked sucked knowing what was gonna happen for the whole episode ugh

Even though i had read the books and knew it was coming, that scene in todays episode still upset me >.<. Ughhh...

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I saw it coming once that guy closed the door but didn't expect it to be like that..

God, the scene of Kat getting slaughtered won't leave my head. :/

Wasn't the wife supposed to live?
Which wife?

Robb's book wife was not Talisa. In the book Robb's wife, Jeyne, wasn't at the wedding and was left at Riverrun.

If you are talking about Walder Frey's wife, that part was changed. In the book Catelyn held Jinglebell hostage who is the half-wit son of Stevron Frey not Walder Frey's wife. Either way the person that Catelyn held hostage was supposed to die, the show chose that person to be Walder's wife.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Which wife?
If you are talking about Walder Frey's wife, that part was changed. In the book Catelyn held Jinglebell hostage who is the half-wit son of Stevron Frey not Walder Frey's wife. Either way the person that Catelyn held hostage was supposed to die, the show chose that person to be Walder's wife.
The pedo has 7 more wives.
Not like it's gonna make a big difference to the plot

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^No, the 7 others are all dead, for various reasons. Anyway, he'll probably find a ninth one and go on for a while longer.

...Lord Frey seems to do fine, as of the latest one. His various relatives, not so much.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know about you guys, but this Frey wedding has made me hungry for some Manderly pies!

who da fuck is ramsey

i know he's worse than joffrey now

don't spoil more pls

red wedding was pretty shocking although there were many signs i picked during/before the episode from which i knew something was going to happen to the Starks. Really looking forward to the finale of this season and then i'm going to read through the books.... I know I'm doing it in the wrong order but i hadn't even heard of game of thrones/a song of ice and fire until like 8 months ago, poor me.

walterfrey flex

I started reading the books. Just finished part 1 of the third book. I was hoping to get past the events of the last episode but looks like that takes place in part 2...

It's odd, the first book didn't seem so different from the first season, but by now there are a lot of changes between the two, characters changed/lost/created, characters taking different paths... often I'm unsure why they bothered.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I started reading the books. Just finished part 1 of the third book. I was hoping to get past the events of the last episode but looks like that takes place in part 2...
Part 3.

and no. Season 1 closely follows canon material. You'll see the diverging plot lines from midway of season 2 onwards.

Why does he keep killing the good guys? I dont understand whats the point of this show anymore
After watching / reading this I find it hard to watch anything where its obvious that the "good guys" are going to win.

Speaking of which, does anyone else find that the show has overplayed how much the Starks are meant to be the "good guys"? I mean its obvious that they are better in a sense to the Lannisters, but while reading the books I came to understand the Lannisters actions a lot more, and it was also made very plain that the circumstances under which Robert and Ned won the throne were pretty dubious anyway. I feel like the show has taken a great story where there are no real good or bad guys, and no main protaganists / antagonists, and made it a bit too much about Stark vs Lannister. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)