Furosuto's Art Shack

No offence, but it seems slightly boring and average for a cover photo... and the guy's facial features looks really messed up.

What exactly do you mean when you say, "messed up"? And yeah, I was sort of going for the nice simplicity feel, since while it would be a nice little piece, I don't want anyone to be distracted from the articles on the facebook page.

Well, I've been trying to work with manga styling now. Just a fun thing that might integrate into the comic, which yet again, had ANOTHER change (I'm never gonna post it, am I?). So yeah, here's some bleach fanart based on the drawings that kubo did. I tried making it look as manga-esque as possible.

Title page for my comic. However, I'm thinking on working on some smogon stuff, so I'm still working on my characters and stuff. But these are sort of the main pieces of "equipment" that the main characters are going to have. For those of you who don't know what Kaijuumon means, it means monster crest. Kaijuu=monster, mon=crest.

I'm probably gonna hover around the MAC contest, battle free for all, WSC, and CAP for a little while. I'm thinking of joining the smog, but I don't know if my skills are good enough. What do you guys think? Think I can be a good candidate for the Smog?

R&R please!

After thinking about it for some time, I've decided that I'll be taking requests now. It can be either your favourite pokemon doing something, to me drawing you as a trainer, about to go on a quest to catch em all. But I would like to ask that you give me an actiony scene of sorts because I'm trying to work on dynamics and poses a bit to help my webcomic. I also made up two pages of my comic already, but I'm thinking of making a few more before presenting it to the public.

Anyways, in the meantime, please give me action pokemon related requests to help me! IT would be MUCH appreciated.

EDIT: Here's one of the main monsters in the webcomic. The sand scourge kaijuu, Sunasangai.

So here's another pic I made up right off the bat. I dunno really what this is..... a ganon/naga hybrid maybe? I dunno, but I'm trying to work with backgrounds now to help with the picture, instead of using simple gradient colour backgrounds.

So yeah, tell me what you guys think, and remember, I'm happy to do pokemon requests for anyone interested!

A pic of one of my close friends with his blaziken, his favourite pokemon! I feel pretty happy with how this came. The highlights are getting better IMO. Anyways, R&R please!

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
That's a really nice piece. I don't like complaining about hand drawn line-art, because it just gives it that feel that you worked really hard and put a lot of thought into it. Though one criticism I can give you is the shading(specifically on Blaziken). The light source looks like it's all over the place, and the mouth shading doesn't look too good(for lack of a better word). But overall, it's a good pose that Blaziken is in, and those are some pretty cool eyes on that Pokemon.

Your friend looks good, though the eyes could be a little more together? Unless your friend has really separated eyes or something, but you know. That's just my opinion on how to draw a person.

Keep up the good work, man.

I think there are just some general things to do with drawing faces that could help you. The chins are a bit pointy I find, and the noses seem quite flat. Also, the shape of the face changes with the contours of the brow jutting out, cheeks out as well etc. as opposed to what you have as just a continuous curve.
Just some tips, hope I helped n_n

Here you go Espeon65! I was working especially with the shading, highlights, and the lightsource here.

I really enjoyed making this piece and I hope you enjoy it too! Also, keep in mind I still do requests! I'm happy to take on all requests that you guys want.

This is much better in terms of shading, but the posing looks slightly awkward. To me it looks like a flying Espeon is giving a Charizard a tummy tickle. How about changing the legs and feet of the Charizard so that they're facing the same way as the body? And to enhance the Psychic effect, how about giving a green/purple glow around Charizard? Just my suggestions!

Art update! I haven't updated recently due to school having started back up again, but here's some pieces I submitted for the tournament art thread. These are my favourite works so far too!

Thoughts, comments on how I can improve?

Few more pictures that I've been working on. Here's a shiftry I did today taking the advice from some senior artists on not using the blur tool, and instead trying to blend the shading in. I think it came out pretty well. What do you guys think?

And here's me and my friend Daniel in minecraft form, a banner I made for us, since we're trying to geta youtube channel going which will be about minecraft.

Here's another piece of artwork, this time of a skeletal snake that I drew in class, and then drew on photoshop at home!

Here's a Swarm Host from Starcraft Heart of the Swarm that I decided to draw.

And a WIP of a hydralisk that I'm drawing. I finished the sketch and lineart so far. Tell me what you think!

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
MMMmmm, the concept of it looks great, but it looks a little rushed. Specifically the shading. Too much dark in there, try to pick a decent light source. Maybe the top left? You seem to shade around every single edge(for lack of a better word when trying to describe the lowermost part of the line). Try not to do that, because you leave a gap between colors, like around the abdomen(all the purple parts). Just my two cents.

Lol, I think that's because my style of shading looks rushed.... For some weird reason the smudge tool is my best kind of shading, cell shading I'm really bad at as it looks too blocky for my likes, and I have trouble with opacity brushes sometimes too. But here, how's this?

Nice Hydralisk. The Kaijuumon art is awesome and the poke art is neat. I use to play the original Starcraft and Zerg was the only race I played with since it was like if the animal kingdom had its own military, that would be it. X D

I really disliked the Dark Templars. 50 attack per hit!? Perma Inviso?

Yay, more art! Here's a graveler I did for fun, since I hadn't updated in a while, and I want to keep a steady pace of submitting art.

Halloween's coming up soon, and while I'm not planning on doing much, this began forming on the pages.....

Not for the faint of heart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)