Fun in the Sun(My first RMT here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first Rate my Team here so bare with me. I have decided to go with a Drought team. I have tested it on PO and have a fair share or wins and loses but i do need some advice to make it better. I am open to suggestion but i will not remove Swampert as he is my favourite and i always have him on my teams.

Ninetales (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

As this is a Sun based team, Ninetails is required. I was told I should give my Ninetails a Choice Scarf and also give it Solarbeam to take out those Politoed with Drizzle. I pick Fire Blast over Flamethrower(Despite the Accurancy) as its more powerful(Even more under the Sun). Will-O-Wisp is here to cripple those Physical attackers and have them take damage each turn. I need some advice with the Hidden Power

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Growth
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Under the sun this thing is a beast thanks to its new ability and Growth raising both Attack and Special Attack by 2 stages. While under the Sun, Solarbeam doesn't need to charge and Hidden Power Fire power is increased.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Roar

I normally lead with Swampert mainly to set up a Stealth Rock but will switch out if i think they'll Taunt or something. Roar is there to make sure my opponents don't keep raising their stats. I rarely use the other 2 moves unless i think i can take them out.

Espeon (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]

I love having this pokemon on my team. I normally bring Espeon out if i think the user will use Taunt, Spikes or SR to bounce them back at the opponent. I then start by setting Reflect or Light Screen(Or visa versa depending on the pokemon) and then Psychic if still alive after setting. I think i need some suggestions with the Hidden Power type...

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard

This place has been changed a few times but i was told that I should have a Spinner on my team to remove those Spikes and SRs. Stone Edge is here to take out those flying types and the occasional Volcarona and Ice Shard is there to out those Dragons(Plus it goes first so thats always a good thing)

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 72 HP / 232 Atk / 204 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Roost

I originally had Haxorus here but then i decided to test out Dragonite with Multiscale and see how that works out for me. With this ability im able to pull off at least one dragon dance(Even if i am hit by an Ice Type) which has normally outsped most people's pokemon i have played so far. Outrage gets STAB and Fire punch is better thanks to the Sun. Roost is there to make sure i get back to 100% HP as well as removing my Flying type for that turn.

As i stated earlier, I am open to most suggestion such changing pokemon, move items etc. But i won't remove Swampert.

I'd appreciate the help guys :)

HP [Fighting] is a safe bet for Espeon, to hit Darks and Steels who would otherwise try to wall you. HP [Fire] is also an option since you're running a sun team, but then Espeon becomes pure, unadulterated Ttar fodder.

Also, Swampert isn't really necessary on this team. Donphan is capable of functioning as both a Stealth Rocker and a Rapid Spinner simultaneously. Gastrodon is a better option if you really need a Water-type: Storm Drain gives it a Water immunity, it has Recover to heal itself, and gets Yawn to provide Phazing/sleep support for your team.

One last thing: Solarbeam is a double-edged sword against opposing weather teams. Ttar and Politoed can both switch in on it, giving you an extra charge turn and cutting its power in half. It's viable on Ninetales if it runs Sunny Day (check the Strategy Pokedex), but other than that, it's safer for 'tales and Venusaur to run Energy Ball.

Hope this helps. Good luck to ya.

--Aberrant17

P.S. I know Drought Ninetales with Sunny Day sounds redundant, but it works wonders against Ttar and Politoed switch-ins. ;)

Hi there!

This looks like a pretty nice and solid sun team. I have only a few suggestions to make.

First of all, Volcarona is no where to be found. If you have yet to try Volcarona, you should definitely try it.

Secondly, HP Fire or HP Fighting > HP Ground on Espeon. This will make your day easier dealing with Scizors and Tyranitars that want to take the risk.

Lastly, what do Dragonite's Speed EV's accomplish? If you're trying to outspeed base 120's, you'll need 212 Speed.

A few suggestions:

Choice scarf Ninetails is pretty useless considering if you really want to revenge something, you have Venusaur. I suggest you use a more defensive Ninetails. A more defensive Ninetails ensures that it will stick around, so you can pull off a late game drought sweep.

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 208 HP / 120 SDef / 180 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Protect

I haven't played drought in a bit, so this may be out of date, but the idea is still the same, spread around status and be annoying as fuck while increasing you own health. Feel free to move the evs around, switch willow-wisp -> toxic, or get sunny day in there is you wish, Ninetails has a ton of support moves. The speed evs make sure you outspeed Kyurem if you were wondering.

Swampert's role is kinda weird, since Donphan already does it better, and you have it on your team. A more defensive Donphan would fit better here with stealth rocks.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Roar

That leaves a space open from Swampert. You have a pretty large weakness to special attackers here, against most you will almost always have to fodder something. A good replacement would be Snorlax, which fills the remainer of Swampert's hole as a tank, and it deals with most special attackers fairly well, not only that, but it traps them in and kills them.

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit

The evs here maximize attack and specially defensive potential. Fire punch can be used over earthquake if you wish, it can help against Skarmory.

You team should be better with that. Another possible problem may be espeon, seeing as your team already has a rapid spinner, it doesn't need espeon to reflect things back, it matters on how important you think Espeon's screening is to your team.

In you insist on keeping swampert perhaps Espeon < Snorlax. Or maybe perhaps ditch Donphan (seeing as getting rid of hazards and setting them up it done by 2 other pokemon) with something else. If you do get rid of Donphan, your going to need a more defensive pokemon for the job Gliscor or Skarmory might be an option to consider.

Good luck.

It pretty late and I haven't played sun in a while, so some of my comments might be garbage, if so, I apologize.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Locking under rule 3. A little more detailed for each Pokemon will help your raters rate this fully. Lenghten it and PM me your fixes then I'll re-open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)