Fulgrate Art thread.

Requester: BoopToOblivion
For: My server
Art Direction: I’m not entirely sure, it would be the roomintro of my lobby, so it would have to be clear, and big. Perhaps feature a couple of reared-Up Primal Groudons with a Psyduck in between looking very smug? Else, just some cool writing (ChillZonez!) on it with some fancy backround!

If I did a normal story, with human characters(so people like the Gryphon and kappa wouldn't exist.) This is what the main line up would look like, I forgot to the draw the 6th, which is a girl.

Then again, I might do something where it's the above style, but have nonhuman characters included. Either way, I'm gonna stick with the other style and characters for now, since an all human story/mostly human story would require some mad writing skills to pull off or something.

So the irresponsible kappa girl gets hired for a mission where they defend a fortress from dragons, upon the arrival of the invaders, her initial action is to goof off and take a selfie(with their high technology, their smartphone equivalent devices can actually hover hands free) just moments before the invaders attack. Of course, her high rating is due to immensely powerful defensive skills with that small shield/buckler of hers. To put it in simple terms, if she where a pokemon, she would learn moves like Mirror Coat, Metal Burst, and Counter, as well as defensive techniques like King's Shield and Protect. That's the sort of fighting style she has. She has to pick the right attack counters,(such as for physical or energy based attacks), as well as the fact that she has different varieties, such as a reflect type technique that unleashes an explosion in response, or uses the attack energy and shoots it back as an energy beam.

The gunslinger girl is from the same organization as the other gunslingers. They all use the same style of fighting, which is too manifest/materialize/conjure up bullets for their guns(and all use the same naming convention, but how the bullet is made differs from gunslinger to gunslinger, as some use solid bullets, while others will even use telekinetic bullets made of pure psi.

I went and inked a sketch. Now I'm at a crossroads with the colors, aside from trying to decide this character's hair color, then I gotta give her a unique color scheme for her clothes that won't clash with anybody else's in the group. For example, none of the main girl characters can share the same hair color. So if she gets lime green, then the fairy gets purple, and the kappa pink. If purple, then the others get whatever is available and so on and stuff.

I had her attire's color scheme the other day in my head, but now I can't remember what it was, so for now I just put some semi-random colors till I figure it out.

Her element is light, but that doesn't exist in PKMN, so if she where a pokemon, she'd just be psychic type with access to lots of beam type moves like Ice beam and Solar beam.

Another sketch of the new knight character. I had a different sort of attire in mind, but I will probably give it to his rival, the holy knight. This protagonist knight has the powers of darkness (EDddgyyy???) but because of it he was branded as "evil" since the knight's are racist against any elements they deem as "evil". Or would that be elementist? Well anyway, according to their religion, they associate are negative elements with Demons and fiends, so by their blind dogma, they opress the lands with their illogical, sometimes dumb rules. Obviously, the Knight has to find another way to make a living since his Knight career is pretty much over after the element reveal test.

Which pose do you think is better?

Explanation on the dark element:
By the way, Dark element is connected with gravity or space or something in universe. It basically the black stuff in the background of space, lol. It is also a very hard to use element, and a double edged sword sometimes. For example, he can't shoot bolts of darkness since he doesn't have the mind powers for it, so instead he uses it for it's basic function: enhancing inertia to be more powerful than it actually is. What this means is that it enhances anything with momentum, but if it ain't moving, it will not do much. The bad side effect of Darkness is that since it enhances inertia only and not the actual molecules of the object it's "enhacing", that object will break if the force is too much for it. So basically he could shatter his arm if he punches with enough darkness in it, so he has to use his sword, which can take up to x6 it's maximum momentum. Since his strength isn't enhanced, he can't really use it to overpower a strong opponent long term. Literally, just burst attacks is what Darkness is good at. (And if his mind power is high, he could have been able to fire bolts of darkness, which would just destroy the psi bolt it rides on).

Obviously, if he was a pokemon, he'd be dark type, even though I'm not sure Dark works the same in this universe the same way it does in Pokemon.

EDIT: I fixed this gals legs.

Last edited:
I'm redrawing all the boss characters from this sheet I made a while back, each represents an entire story arc:

Didn't get to draw them all, I'll probably remove some like the jester guy and 2nd demon dude, but not the Lion guy and Skeleton dude, need to make their design more serious.

The Oni lady. Each boss character has servants/minion/goons so that's what's around her. Yeah, they are way smaller than her since she's big. Most of her minions are about the same height as some of the main characters.

She has more minions, I just didn't want to draw them all.

She's missing a minion, but that's mostly all of them. Yeah, that's a giant birb with jacked up arms, all the others are about regular sized.

Princess either being a troll or probably about to do some PSYCHOMETRY on the Knight dude or something. Did this come out right, or does it look weird?

She can levitate, since she trains in psychic stuff(thus the psychometry, as well as telekinesis, paranormal intuition, and so on), alongside being able to generate light element from her spirit side to fire as LASERS(she uses the psychic skills to make the lasers bend and be able to change direction instead of simply flying linearly).

Bookworm?
She must be reading up about those light element techniques, or maybe it's that psychic stuff.

Just a zoom in of the other pic or whatever.

Last edited:
I was drawing and accidentally reverted to an amalgamated style in Type A, with Type B being the intended style for these two within the series, but type A is kind of interesting. I usually use Type A for more serious characters in the story, but I might use it as well on these two, but I might not and just stick to Type B.

Type A:

Type B:

Issues like this is why I haven't started the webtoon yet, once I figured things out, I should be able to begin. Which style do you prefer?
:catshades

Avian Empress.

The Doom Sorceress.

"What's so funny?"
:catflip
is what somebody going up against the Doom Sorceress would ask at this sight of her laughing at them with such disdain. Her indomitable powers allow her to defeat any that have gone against her(not mentioning other boss level types, which is a stalemate fight anyways). The obvious outcome is why she finds any foe she is faced with highly amusing.

The mere audacity of the naive foe thinking they could win is reason enough for her laughter.
:katga

If the Doom Sorceress had a power up, she'd be called the Doomsday Sorceress. This isn't it though, just her in base form using her powers.
:catshivers
Still formidable nonetheless.
:catwat

This Oni lady don't give an eff about looking feminine.
:catflowa
To her, she feels defined by her super strength that allows her to kick around giant 10 ton boulders like it was nothing.

Last edited:
The Princess's fighting stance, although she's looking in a mirror since it's her left hand with the magnifying glass that is suppose to be forward, while her right hand generates light energy to project through the magnifier.

Some comedy relief doods, probably gonna use #1 or #2 in the main group.

Remember my problem of how I couldn't really think of anything to draw when I had just come back from living on the ocean? Now my problem is the opposite, lol, I blink and see a shot of something. This time, I blinked, and saw this quirky perspective shot of the Fairy in this exact pose!

Same thing was happening with some boss characters, I blink and would see some specific perspective shot, for example, that laughing shot of the Doom Sorceress was from when I closed my eyes, totally weird(and it turned out different from what I saw since I changed some things from that shot, as it was more epic and terrifying originally, but this time I didn't alter it). Does this happen to anybody else? I don't really understand the mechanism or reason behind this.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)