FROSTBYTE ver 2.0 (Offensive OU TrickHail Team)

FROSTBYTE 2.0
*An Offensive OU Trick Hail Team*

Basic purpose of team: Use Stealth Rock and Hail to facilitate the kills of my sweepers, as well as netting surprise kills through the use of unconventional movesets and Trick Room.

The evolution of Frostbyte:
I’ve always been a fan of ice types. They always seemed to make their way on to my team. Before I knew it, half my team consisted of ice types! So I figured I might as well make a hail team. The only problem was hail teams were, for the most part, UU stall teams. This conflicted majorly with my playing style that focused on offense in the OU tier. The more I read up on hail, the less I believed that I could create one that complimented my playstyle. Yet, I was determined to build myself the perfect OU Offensive Hail team, thus Frostbyte version 1.0 was born (view the old RMT here). After a month of playtesting, countless hours of wifi and shoddy battles, and many sleepless nights, Frostbyte was quite a different team then I had started with. My team’s movesets were tweaked, synergy was improved, weaknesses were covered, and an interesting new alley found its way on my team: Clamperl! While this may seem like a gimmicky piece of shit, my experience with Clamperl has proven quite the opposite. But I’ll save the details for the actual RMT, as the intro crap is probably boring you by now. For the record: This team has done very well in Shoddy, winning about 70% of the time. It straight up destroys the wifi-battlers on Serebii Wifi. But I still think it can be improved. So, Smogoneers, Rate my team! Thanks in advance! (Btw: Please do not suggest Mamoswine or Walrein replace anyone on the team. As well as being very unoriginal, they also do not merge as well with the team as much as my other ice types. This I have tested.)

The NEW Frostbyte:

-----

Lead:

Gliscor@Lum Berry (Vem)
Jolly
252speed/ 88atk/ 168hp
Hyper Cutter
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn
-Earthquake

My Gliscor lead has remained relatively unchanged due to that fact that it just works so damn well. Lum berry was put over leftovers because I cannot outspeed the 2 most common sleep leads, Crobat and Gengar. Taunt, with Gliscor’s high speed, prevents the opponent from setting up rocks, screens, and other junk. U-turn is to break sashes, or get out of a messy situation if I predict a Trick or Taunt from the opposing lead. Laying down SR is Gliscor’s main objective. Due to Gliscor's typing and high HP, he is often used to sponge SE fighting attacks aimed at my ice types. From there he can provide mid game support with EQ and Taunt, or just U-turn to the appropriate counter. EQ is also a 2HKO on most Scizor, which my team has some problems with. What makes me choose Gliscor over other leads is his ability to seemly handle almost every common lead in OU in some way or another (not single handedly mind you). Here are some situations:

*Azelf- U-turn out, trap with Weavile’s pursuit.

*Swampert- Taunt, SR, and either die or U-turn to Abomasnow. (Swampert's waterfall, surf, avalanche and ice beam are all 2HKOs usually)

*Heatran- Taunt, SR, EQ or just EQ straight off the bat.

*Crobat- Get slept, wake up with lum, taunt, SR.

*Ambipom- SR then EQ to death. (Alternatively, I could just switch into Froslass, who is immune to fake out, double hit, and resists U-turn.)

*Bzong- Taunt and set up SR. The only thing it can do to prevent me from laying down rocks is to explode on the 1st turn. Which is…yeah…kind of dumb. But I’ve had it happen. >.>

*Weavile- Survive ice shard and get a SE U-turn and switch into Abomasnow who rapes weavile that lack a fighting move, which most leadvile do.

*Aerodactyl- U-turn when it taunts, switch in Weavile who OHKOs with Ice Shard.

*Gliscor- Taunt, SR, U-turn out.

*Gengar- Get slept, lum activates, and either taunt or SR.

*Metagross- Taunt, SR, EQ, if it isn’t carrying ice punch (which is a 2HKO).

*Machamp- SR, U-turn out. Dynamicpunch is resisted and confusion cured with lum.

*Togekiss- SR, U-turn

*Alakazam- U-turn when it tricks, OHKOing Zam.

*Infenape- I hate these things. The best I can do is Taunt, SR, and if, im still alive, EQ it to death.

*Gyarados- Taunt, preventing its own taunt as well as DD, then SR and U-turn to Froslass and T-bolt it.

-----

PermaHail:

Abomasnow@Choice Scarf (Yowie)
Hasty
140Atk/116spAtk/252spd
-Blizzard
-Wood Hammer
-Focus Blast
-Earthquake

This is an offensively oriented Abomasnow, a far cry from the sub-seeding variants that are commonly seen on hail stall teams. This was originally a life orbed, SD set, but Aboma’s speed always hampered his sweeping abilities, and I ended up spamming the weak Ice shard in order to do any damage before being smeared all over the arena. So I decided to capitalize on Bomas decent attacking mixed stats and excellent movepool. Speed is no longer an issue, as choice scarf allows this guy to reach 360 speed, on par with a Gengar! I cannot tell you how many surprise kills I’ve netted with this thing. In fact, Abomasnow’s many weaknesses actually help me in getting kills. The opponent is more than likely packing a more that can OHKO Snow, so they stay in…Only to be outsped and KO’d themselves. Surprisingly, this yeti hits VERY hard despite most of his evs being invested in speed, possibly due to the fact that every single move has 100 or more base power. His moves offer excellent coverage, with Blizzard and Wood Hammer massacring everything that doesn’t resist it. Unconventional, but very effective.

-----

Froslass@Brightpowder (Geisha)
Timid
225speed/ 216spAtk/ 40hp
-Confuse Ray
-Thunderwave
-Blizzard
-Thunderbolt

Usually forcing luck isn’t my style, as it never seems to work for me…Until now! This thing is almost broken and has been the cause of many disconnects over the wifi-battles. To put things in perspective, this poke has taken down ScarfTrans, CB Scizors, and Metagross without losing a single health point. The crippling parafusion combo, along with evasion buffs via snow cloak and bright powder, allow Froslass to slowly chip away at the opponents health with the mostly unresisted combo of Blizz and T-bolt. She also provides paralysis support, allowing weavile to get a Focus Punch in against an opponent that is parafused if necessary.

-----

Trick Roomer:

Dusknoir@Leftovers (Montblanc)
Sassy
252hp/96Atk/52Def/108spDef
-Trick Room
-Memento
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Ok this is where the it gets interesting. The best bulky trick roomer in my opinion, it sets up TR so I can proceed to sweep with my clamperl. Before I had Noir on here I used a Claydol, but its typing ultimately did not jive well with the rest of my team as it shared common weaknesses. I’ll certainly miss explosion and rapid spin though...But memento is the next best thing. Along with crippling the opposing Pokémon, memento also provides Clamperl a free turn to switch in undamaged, giving it a total of 3 Trick Room turns. Fire Punch is there to deal with Scizors, which is always good, and EQ for Heatran. Now why Sitrus Berry? Because this Dusknoir will NOT be tanking, it is there to switch into an attack, trick room, and memento. All it needs is 2 turns to do its job. Should I switch into an attack that does more than half my HP, the entire strategy is screwed. Sitrus berry heals the damage received upon switching in, allowing him to TR before dying. Dusky’s bulk and memento also allows him to be used like a damage sponge in a similar fashion to my U-turning Gliscor (to a lesser extent.)

-----

TR Sweeper:

Clamperl@DeepSeaTooth (Rampage)
Quiet
252hp/252spAtk/4Def
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Protect

This thing is absurd. That’s all I can say. I’ll be brief. With 60 speed (not base speed mind you, but ACTUAL speed) it will always go first in Trick Room. With DeepSeaTooth its special attack peaks over 540. Now imagine a STAB surf from this thing. Now remember, there is a hailstorm going on that’s been chipping away at your health bar, as well as Stealth Rocks. Basically ANYTHING that’s not a wall, resists, or a very bulky tank will be OHKO’d, without ANY hope of survival. I’m not kidding when I say I will sit there and destroy half of the opponent’s team by just spamming surf. Should the occasion arise, I can also utilize the 100% accurate blizzard that is provided by hail. Hidden power grass was chosen so I can OHKO swampert, who could otherwise Roar and waste 2 turns of precious trick room. Protect is there mostly as a filler, however it has helped with scouting moves and playing mind games. Despite Clamperl's incredible spAtk, Blissey still walls this to no end. Still, this lil clam is the shining star (er…pearl) of my team and I honestly don’t know why It is not used more competitively.

-----

RevengeKillah:

Weavile@Choice Band (Shivah)
Jolly
252atk/ 216speed/ 40hp
-Pursuit
-Ice Shard
-Night Slash
-Focus Punch

While Clamperl may have kicked her out of her spot as my hardest hitting poke, Weavile is still one of the most valuable members on my team (as well as my favorite Pokémon and the inspiration behind the whole Offensive ice type theme). Everything is pretty standard for a CBvile; Pursuit to trap psychics and ghosts, Ice Shard to hit DD mence and anything else weak to ice, and Night Slash for reliable STAB and crit hax. The only thing you might find strange is Focus Punch. Without substitute, being locked into Focus Punch may seem like a foolish thing to do. But there is logic behind my madness, and it’s name is Blissey. I hate that motherfucker (pardon my French). My team has quite a Blissey weakness, and that used to cost me matches. I simply did not pack a move that could do enough damage to it. Brick Break did slightly more than half, and Low kick did less. In turn Bliss could T-wave me and spam heal, whilst Seismic tossing me to death. Well…NO MORE! Here’s how it goes: I let bliss finish off whatever poor soul it was subjecting its horrible unfair walling torture to. Then I switch in Weavile, Focus as it Twaves/Toxic/Heal Bells/ Wishes/Softboils/ or whatever stupid non damaging bullshit it decides to do. Then…WHAM!!!!!! Scrambled eggs! :D
Trust me; it’s A LOT easier than it sounds. Also If Blissey decides to switch out; whatever idiot that takes her place will receive a nice choice banded Focus Punch to the face. On a side note: Parafusion support from Froslass allows weavile to spam Focus Punch relatively safely.
-----

Conclusion:
Yep, so that’s the team. Rate it. (Id type a more epic conclusion but my hand is DYING)

I WILL POST A THREAT LIST ONCE MY HAND STOPS HAVING SEIZURES FROM TYPING UP THIS DAMN RMT. >_<

Biggest problem I can see with running focus punch is the number of blissey's running protect. Getting locked into focus punch isn't exactly favorable, as now bliss can just start hitting you to death, forcing a switch (which could be deadly given how popular stealth rock is and this team lacking a spinner.)

Perhaps you could turn Froslass into some form of a spiker? I don't know, not too experienced with hail teams.

Scizor also gives you problems with bullet punch ignoring trick room and pursuit trapping Noir, as does TTar, though Your abomasnow can probably surprise it and destroy it.

I use a competitive hail team myself, have done since I played diamond/pearl, so I have good experince in the usage of hail, your team is really nice, and your clamperl, is a great orignal idea, that must suprise a lot!, some questions I would like to ask

how do you deal with scarftran, it seems fireblast or flamethrower will KO all of your team after gliscor is gone.

also I would defintely recommend a spinner, stealth rock, and even toxic spikes will shorten the time for a sweep, I would recommened tentacruel, as he is the answer to your problem above walling scarftran, and also asorbs toxic spikes, and obviously learns rapid spin.

I do like the idea of clamperl on your team, but it makes dusknoir somewhat a waste of a pokemon slot. I know you have already stated it, but I HIGHLY recommened you use Scarfswine, this thing is a complete beast, I run
bite,iceshard,icefang,eq, on mine, and it does really surprise and will net you a lot of kills.

other than that, this team is really original and looks like a force to be reckoned with if nor prepared, good job, hope to battle you sometime =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)