Other Metagames Friendly Tournament Team

The Better Series?

• Total voters
So a few of my friends got together and set up a draft pick Tournament. The rules are pretty simple, we all battle one another then the top six go to "playoffs". In te draft only a handful of Ubers were unbanned; Blaziken, Deoxys-S, and I cant remeber the others. Each person got to pick in a snake order, I went first- sniped Blaziken for myself- then from there we could pick 3 pokemon from each tier, total of twelve for our own personal pools to build from. I kind of threw some stuff together that I thought looked good, this is my
my team:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Blissey is one of my UU picks. For obvious reasons she is my Wall, my Staller! I have done a few battles and she definitely does the job. If I find myself lost or I don't know what to do, here comes Blissey, the meaty, tanky beast that soaks just about anything! Probably not to much to change here, I do get tons of satisfaction using this girl ;)

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Substitute

Mega-Diancie, another leader on this team. she really does work, gets the job done. Diancie is kind of my main sweeper, mostly because she is my Mega. With the Fairy typing, she douses any dragon that comes up to me! Then Diamond Storm clears away any Flyers or Fire types. Diancie is certainly my main, besides any move changes, I do not plan to really change her.

Shaymin @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seed Flare
- Ominous Wind
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Shaymin is one that I would be willing to swap out, he is very situational, and I didn't build him any real specific direction. He is more of a Sweeper than anything. Definitely helps with water types. I added "Ominous Wind" to cover any Psychic types that came my way. Seed flare is a "must". I'd like an alternative to Earth Power. Also I need something better than a Choice Item... I really don't like being locked into a move when I have that kind of spread in the moveset.

Blaziken (M) @ Flame Plate
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Power-Up Punch
- Thunder Punch

I feel like I am wasting Blaziken, I havent brought him out much and when I do, he doesnt stay out long enough to gain speed. I need some direction here... in this tournament "Baton pass" on him is banned. Just having a fast fighter is nice, but i just need something more. Hes too much of a glass cannon.

Swampert (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Scald

Swampert is another Tank on this team, he does soak up some damage but his power is lacking, I know i can do better with him. He does good in some situations, but I'm just missing the power. If anyone sees a better alternative to this guy, I wont hesitate to swap him out.

Absol (M) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

So Absol is another Sweeper, I bring this guy out when I want to Crit some NOOBS! Ha! No, although I have the high Crit potential with Night Slash, Super Luck, and Scope Lens, I feel the same about this guy as I do with Blaziken, without the Mega stone I don't really feel like he reaches his full potential.

I know i have a bunch of "should be" Megas on this team, but that is why I am reaching out. So that is what I have so far, I would love some feed back on what I could do better for type coverage or if anyone could point out some obvious weaknesses. Also my remaining Six are: Flygon, Slowking, Manectric, Articuno, Dusclops, and Tornadus-Therian. If you see one of those that fit better into my team all Feedback is appreciated!

-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRPmw8YRnaXSlI2pASSBsuA

^^^ That is the Channel where all the battles will be posted with commentary. Check it out if interested!

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)