Franchises and Subseries That Got New Entries Before F-Zero

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Kid Icarus (Kid Icarus Uprising, 2012)
Luigi's Mansion (Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, 2013)
Legend of Zelda Four Swords (LoZ Triforce Heroes, 2015)
King of Fighters (King of Fighters XIV, 2016)
Bubsy (Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back, 2017)
Blade Runner (Blade Runner 2049, 2017)
Big Mouth (Every new season, 2018 onward)
Classic Megaman (Megaman 11, 2018)
Leisure Suit Larry (LSL Wet Dreams Don’t Dry, 2019)
13 Reasons Why (Every new season, 2019 onward)
Half-Life (Half-Life: Alyx, 2020)
Kissing Booth (Kissing Booth 2, 2020)
Pokemon Snap (New Pokemon Snap, 2021)
Johnny Test (Season 7, 2021)
Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX, 2021)
Psychonauts (Psychonauts 2, 2021)
Kao the Kangaroo (Kao the Kangaroo, 2022)
Advance Wars (Advance Wars 1 + 2 Reboot Camp, 2022)
Tall Girl (Tall Girl 2, 2022)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (TCM, 2022)
The Wolf Among Us (TWAU 2, 2022)
Mario Strikers (Mario Strikers Battle League, 2022)
Front Mission (Front Mission 1st, 2022)
Klonoa (Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series, 2022) (this is a remaster but im counting it anyway just because klonoa acknowledgement in 2022 is that amazing)
Live a Live (LaL HD-2D, 2022)
Wii Sports (Nintendo Switch Sports, 2022)

Post your own suggestions. Ideal submissions should be as inexplicable as possible either from length of absence (Blade Runner, Mario Strikers), infamy of predecessor (Johnny Test, Big Mouth) or both (Bubsy). High-effort remakes are counted but not ports or remasters bar exceptional circumstances

Last edited:
Legend of Zelda Four Swords - Triforce Heroes
Bravely Default got BOTH a Bravely Default 2 and a Bravely Second
Ace Attorney... Investigations.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Luigi's Mansion
Pikmin (cry about it)
Mario Maker
Project X Zone
Classic MegaMan
Banjo Kazooie, even discounting Nuts and Bolts, Banjo Pilot came out in 2005
Puyo Puyo... TETRIS.
If we're counting Big Mouth, Ghost in The Shell got a 3D animation series and unfortunately, a live action movie.
Do we count the live action reboot of Cowboy Bebop?
Shout out to the illicit sequel to Cooking Mama on the Switch.

Technically, if we're counting Livealive then for Western audiences getting Earthbound Beginnings aka Earthbound Zero or Mother 1 on the WiiU might count as getting an Earthbound sequel. Now that's pain for you!
We don't even have to pretend that Undertale counts as an Earthbound sequel.
Because Undertale got followed up by Deltarune, which should count even if it's episodic and not finished. You can play it right now and it is a follow up even if indirectly.

... I wrote all this up, only to realize that I could have just said "homestuck." and end the thread right there. You forgot about Homestuck 2, didn't you? Yet. It exists.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Legend of Zelda Four Swords - Triforce Heroes
Bravely Default got BOTH a Bravely Default 2 and a Bravely Second
Ace Attorney... Investigations.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Luigi's Mansion
Pikmin (cry about it)
Mario Maker
Project X Zone
Classic MegaMan
Banjo Kazooie, even discounting Nuts and Bolts, Banjo Pilot came out in 2005
Puyo Puyo... TETRIS.
If we're counting Big Mouth, Ghost in The Shell got a 3D animation series and unfortunately, a live action movie.
Do we count the live action reboot of Cowboy Bebop?
Shout out to the illicit sequel to Cooking Mama on the Switch.

Technically, if we're counting Livealive then for Western audiences getting Earthbound Beginnings aka Earthbound Zero or Mother 1 on the WiiU might count as getting an Earthbound sequel. Now that's pain for you!
We don't even have to pretend that Undertale counts as an Earthbound sequel.
Because Undertale got followed up by Deltarune, which should count even if it's episodic and not finished. You can play it right now and it is a follow up even if indirectly.

... I wrote all this up, only to realize that I could have just said "homestuck." and end the thread right there. You forgot about Homestuck 2, didn't you? Yet. It exists.
some of these are too recent compared to their first outings, ill include classic megaman and Four Swords tho

I accept your premise but I must argue that Luigi's Mansion taking 12 years to get Dark Moon should count.

And I still think Project X Zone should count for the fact it's getting a third one when the original I would consider one of the worst games on the 3DS and the fact that it managed to get not one but two sequels is one of the most baffling things in video games to me but I will concede that this is a personal opinion, judging by the fact that it got two sequels.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I accept your premise but I must argue that Luigi's Mansion taking 12 years to get Dark Moon should count.

And I still think Project X Zone should count for the fact it's getting a third one when the original I would consider one of the worst games on the 3DS and the fact that it managed to get not one but two sequels is one of the most baffling things in video games to me but I will concede that this is a personal opinion, judging by the fact that it got two sequels.
I can't find anything about an official 3rd game coming out so uhhh. source?

also did not realize time gap between og LM and Dark Moon ok then

I can't find anything about an official 3rd game coming out so uhhh. source?

also did not realize time gap between og LM and Dark Moon ok then
OKAY THIS IS EMBARRASSING.
I got got by Google's change from providing resources to providing a answers. I vaguely misremembered seeing it on a Direct once, and put it into Google to make sure I wasn't falsely remembering it.
Google gave an info card that looked like Wikipedia, with an upcoming 2022 release date which I have become accustomed to using and believing but don't think I will from now on because it's not Wikipedia it's from GAME IDEAS FANDOM.

I read the report of Alexa telling children to put pennies in outlet sockets when they asked for a challenge and did not adapt my behavior not one bit.
I retract my incensed confusion from having a digitally supported confirmation bias.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)