SM OU First team since 3 year break

start from scratch? Is this team is going nowhere?

• Yes , start from scratch

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No , with a few changes it could be good

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • The team is already great

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

INTRODUCTION
Its been a while since I've played a lot of competitive Pokemon but I am slowly getting back into that being said this will be the reason if there's a glaring weakness that I haven't covered. The main idea around the team was pairing Zard-y with banded Weavile as they cover a lot of each other weaknesses and there's not a lot of pokemon that I think can wall this pairing, the other 4 pokemon are just really support to get either weavile or Zard out freely.

ZARD-Y
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam/Earthquake
- Focus Blast/Earthquake
- Roost
zard-y was the pokemon that most of the team was based on its a strong wall breaker that has very few switch ins in the current meta (from what I know of the meta) I am considering Earthquake to hit thing like toxapex and heatran but not sure if it worth switching a move out for. zard-y is the biggest treat on the team and it just meant to switch in and get kills.

Landorus-Therian
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
Lando-t is just a pretty good provides a rocker for my team , grabs momentum with u-turn and it just a solid switch into a lot of physical attackers in the meta game and makes a pretty good core with toxapex as they cover a lot of each others weaknesses and provides my team with a ground and electric immunity

Weavile
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
Weavile is a nice partner to zard-y as it weakens a lot of zard-y checks and counters and provides the team with some speed it lacks. Weavile is a great end game sweeper to finish of all the things zard-y has already taken a chunk out of. low kick for Heatran or chip on mons like Magearna that resist both dark and ice.

Magearna
Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Iron Head
Mageana provides a nice switch in to lots of the thing that would switch into zard or weavile and provides another spdef wall along side Toxapex that doesn't lose a much momentum when switched into as it has volt switch to gain momentum when need be to give free switches to zard or weavile.

Tornadus-Therian
Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
torn-t provides a desperately needed defoger for weavile and zard-y who are both weak to rocks and grab momentum for both of them as well and provides general utility for the team as well as being the Z-move holder to burst down pokemon if and when needed or get chip to mons the switch into zard and weavile

Toxapex
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic
General spdef wall makes and nice regenerator core with torn-t and is the mean stop to any set up sweeper with Haze and rounds of the team pretty was as it makes and nice core with lando as it covers a lot of its weaknesses

Weaknesses of the team
so far from what I can tell the team is pretty weak to rain + mega-swampert , some forms of stall and has a hard time revenge killing a lot of scar users , the team probably has a lot of other weakness that I haven't spotted.

Last remarks
Any suggestion of greatly appreciated , I don't mind changing any Pokemon even zard or weavile , and if you think that team is just bad and I would be better of starting from scratch i don't mind that either, Thanks for reading.

Something I've noticed is that your team lacks a Choice Scarf user, which is almost mandatory these days. While both Weavile and Tornadus are naturally fast, they are not faster than most Choice Scarf users. I have an idea for an answer to this, while still maintaining the backbone of the team.
I personally think Mamoswine would be a good replacement for Weavile.
Mamoswine would provide similar coverage to Weavile, and could also be your stealth rocker. You would lose the Knock Off, but since your Tornados is running that move, I think the sacrifice would be worth it. A stab Earthquake would hit most of the mons that Low Kick hits.
With Mamoswine as your stealth rocker, Landorus would be free to run a choice scarf, giving your team better speed control.
Scarf Lando would also provide your team with a second defogger, which is useful given Charizard's 4X weakness.

This set would do well for Lando

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Mamoswine could run this set

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

I hope this works well for you

Something I've noticed is that your team lacks a Choice Scarf user, which is almost mandatory these days. While both Weavile and Tornadus are naturally fast, they are not faster than most Choice Scarf users. I have an idea for an answer to this, while still maintaining the backbone of the team.
I personally think Mamoswine would be a good replacement for Weavile.
Mamoswine would provide similar coverage to Weavile, and could also be your stealth rocker. You would lose the Knock Off, but since your Tornados is running that move, I think the sacrifice would be worth it. A stab Earthquake would hit most of the mons that Low Kick hits.
With Mamoswine as your stealth rocker, Landorus would be free to run a choice scarf, giving your team better speed control.
Scarf Lando would also provide your team with a second defogger, which is useful given Charizard's 4X weakness.

This set would do well for Lando

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Mamoswine could run this set

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

I hope this works well for you
Thanks for suggestion , I have implemented these changes and the team works a lot better now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)