ORAS Ubers First Team: Nature Triad

Nature Triad

Introduction

I am brand new to the ORAS era of pokemon having dabbled with playing before during BW2. So i started playing with Exiline's No Rocks for my Birds V2 - Stall and quickly reached just under 1500 within a few days (No evidence). During this time i was constantly told that Stall is difficult for newbies but when i started to branch out into Balanced and Hyper Offensive (HO) i badly struggled. Stall had hampered my learning development. It was then suggested that a good way to learn balance and HO is to build your own team as it teaches you about the roles and functions within a team. So i set out to build my first ever team

The Process

So i started by investigating good cores to build from and what happened was that i found two that i really liked and started thinking if it was possible to combine them.

Core One:

Rayquaza/ Primal Groudon / Xerneas

The offensive core thats main strength comes from type coverage. Each member of the team covers the other's weaknessses. Groudon covers Xerneas' weaknessses perfectly, examples including arceus-poison and scizor, whereas Rayquaza covers Groudons only weakness, ground. Groudon then covers Rayquaza's ice weakness and Xernea's covers the dragon weakness.

Core Two:

Primal Kyogre/ Primal Groudon / Mega Scizor

The three have really good synergy together yet also check the bulk of the meta. Mega Scizor U-turns out of Primal Groudon to give POgre free turns. Primal Groudon sets Stealth Rock, pairs up with Mega Scizor to give you enough to check Xerneas. Primal Kyogre either helps you check most of the rest of the meta or becomes an insane cm sweeper with this support.

Additions:

With Groudon as the overlap it left the remaining spot to be filled. I felt i lacked Mega Salamence check and i needed a a Defogger so i added Rock Arceus

Rock Arceus was not working, i was too vulnerable to earthquake and precipal blades with only Ray able to avoid it. I still need a Mega Salamence check and Scizor can be my defogger so i switched to the Great Wall

The Builds:

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock

The Special Wall. There is so much already written about this Pokemon and as probably the most powerful pokemon available it has been made the focal point of the team. It is so strong that it is able to hold together two cores. The sole Stealth rocker. I have chosen Roar over Dragon Tail because it tackles Baton Pass teams and avoids Substitute setup as well phase Fairy types. Precipice Blades and Lava Plume are the STABs and coverage

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Aqua Tail
- Extreme Speed

The Physical Wallbreaker. Swords Dance turns Rayquaza into an extremely powerful wallbreaker in a single turn and absolutely smashes walls combined with Dragon Ascent. Aqua tail is extremely potent with Dragon Ascent in terms of coverage, hitting Rock, Ground Arceus and Groudon where it hurts. Extreme Speed specifically functions as a backup revenge killer against offensive teams, and it can even OHKO most frail offensive Pokemon after a single Swords Dance, such as Darkrai.

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Beam

The Physical Wall. Primal Kyogre is a solid check to a wide range of Pokemon. Rest is Primal Kyogre's only form of recovery, but does allow it to shrug off status. Sleep Talk allows Primal Kyogre to fight back while asleep, and makes it a good Pokemon to absorb Dark Void from Darkrai. Scald is Primal Kyogre's STAB attack of choice due to its reliability and solid 30% chance to burn. Even with no investment in Special Attack, Scald still packs enough power to 2HKO 4 HP Arceus formes thanks to Primordial Sea. Ice Beam allows Primal Kyogre to damage Primal Groudon switch-ins and take down Mega Salamence and Rayquaza.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

The Special Wallbreaker. Geomancy allows Xerneas to raise its Special Attack and Speed to frightening levels in a single turn, making Xerneas a very potent sweeper. Moonblast is Xerneas's strongest and most reliable STAB move, and after a Geomancy, it essentially OHKOes anything that does not resist it unless the target has a ridiculous amount of special bulk. Focus Blast rounds out coverage by massacring Steel-types that aren't Aegislash, Mega Scizor, or Bronzong, and is the best move to hit Primal Groudon with. Aromatherapy can be used to get past checks such as Klefki, by healing the paralysis after KOing it or just general emergency cleric support

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog
- U-turn

The Engine. This team properly exploits Mega-Scizors niche and is EV'd to live Timid Latios HP Fire without SR. Bullet Punch provides a great Xerneas check thanks to base 150 Attack + Technician. Pursuit allows it to trap Latios/Latias and a few others. Defog is the crucial move to protect the team and must used sparingly.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 166 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost

The Great Wall, the standard set. I have burn opportunities from Kyogre and Groudon so toxic is the better. Ice beam is the compulsory damage move, roost maintains the multiscale and wall ability and whirlwind allows it to phase

Threat List:

COMING SOON

Replays:

COMING SOON

Conclusion

Overall it is a pretty balanced team but it is still my first team so i am sure there is some creases and weaknesses to it. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts and getting some important feedback. Thoughts?

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Hey Minigiant!
like your team, glad to see you've begun building. I'll drop a quick rate here.
For Xerneas, I believe you need 28 Defense EVs to give Genesect the Special Attack boost (unless if the defense stats are equal, download always boosts Special Attack.) Also why so much speed? I'm assuming you know it only needs to run 44 speed, but there might be a reason for your decision.
Also, Specially defensive Groudon should be really running Earthquake over Precipice Blades, as it isn't really supposed to be hitting as hard as the usage pf Precipice Blades necessitates.
Other than that, it looks pretty good, maybe Roost over SD on Scizor, as Scizor is a decent pivot and as it's such massive Ho-Oh bait, you could possibly roost on the switch if you want. I dunno.

Anyways, nice team, see you around in the chat, and just keep working at it!

No sorry 8-BIT Luster i dont know that Xerneas only needs 44 speed, i am interested to learn why? I was given my Xerneas EV spread by Markus online

I remember why so much speed, because after a Geomancy Xerneas is the fastest Pokemon around. I could move a few EVs to maintain speed and get that 28 Defense

Hi Minigiant .
I like your team at a glance but I got a few things I have to address.
you are weak to Rockpolish groudon and more importantly to Offensive arceus ground. You also struggle vs sand teams specially Excadrill. Your opponent have to slightly weaken ogre which is very easy and then sweep with one of the mons I talked about.
1)Replace earthquake with aqua tail on ray to be able to one shot dons since you team is actually weak to it and since ladder players usually lead with it so you would counter lead with ray and gain momentum.
2)Use this xerneas spread for the reasons I DON't KNOW talked about.
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
3)Use Will o wisp on arceus rock because your team will struggle vs ferrothorn otherwise but if I were you I would use the adamant LO ekiller since you are weak to darkrai.
Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
4)Ogre is geart
5)Groudon is good also
6)If I were you I would use Mence intead of scizor . I'm not a big fan of scizor. His place is in ou. And Mence+Ray is extremely effective on ladder.
Hope I helped and good luck.

Hello everyone, i have updated the team. With some of the advice from Lord Outrage. It has improved the team dramatically but i still get the feeling the EV spread on Lugia can be improved. Looking for some more feedback

Been thinking about things, now i have Lugia to phase with Whirlwind, will Dragon Tail be better than Roar on Groudon?

The more i have been playing this, the more i am finding Scizor in its niche. Its a tough Poke to use but sure does have its rewards

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)