First team 4th Gen

Last edited: 2/7/11

I've revamped my team a lot and I've finally found something near perfect. I still have some questions and considered changes though. They're at the bottom of the post.

Ganondorf (Machamp) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Bullet Punch
- Payback
- Thunderpunch

Switched back to my lead machamp. I'm just too good at using this thing to not use it. It's amazing how many people fail to counter it some way or another. ThunderPunch is almost solely for gyarados, seeing that it's commonly switched in on this thing.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Very important for my offensive team since it has taunt and SR.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Dragon Pulse

Scarftran set. Smogon says to use explosion of dragon pulse, but I never even do considerable damage when I use it, and I barely ever used explosion. This set works pretty great, however, I'm forced to use HP electric on shoddy due to IV conflicts.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leech Seed
- Earth Power

Offensive shaymin w/ leech seed for residual damage on walls.

Currently pending

dicks (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Standard blissey w/ toxic. I find that toxic is usually more useful than stoss to stop dangerous sweepers or walls.

Mr Hyde (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

standard starmie w/ rapid spin.

Concerns/considerable changes:

-My first concern with this team is the moveset for gliscor. I'd like to have roost on it, but I'd also like to have SR. Maybe I should drop U-turn for roost? Or maybe it's fine the way it is. I'm not really sure, they both play similarly, but I think roost and SR is more useful.

-The heatran has a slightly unique set. The scarftran set on smogon says to use explosion, but after running it on their for a while, I found it virtually useless. You rarely get to use explosion, and when you do, it does shit damage because it's a special attacker. Dragon pulse works much better since it's actually a considerable option at any point during a game if the opponent is running a dragon. One thing I'm not sure of is to run either HP electric or grass. I think I may switch it to grass seeing that hitting gyarados 4x pretty much the only benefit for HP electric. HP grass hits most water types (besides gyarados) for at least 2x, if not 4x for swampert and lanturn.

-The biggest problem I have with this team is what exactly I should do with starmie. I really like the offensive starmie, but I really need a reliable spinner. So I have leftovers on it to give it some HP recovery. But this makes it much less offensive. I could just stick a life orb on it, but life orb rapid spin is a hefty price to pay to use a spin. I could switch it to the rapid spin set and just make it less offensive, but then I have to rely on shaymin to get off HP ice. Or I could just drop rapid spin, and do the life orb set w/ recover. Or I could just leave it the way it is. Four different possibilities for this starmie, and I'm not sure which to choose.

Known threats:

-Stall teams, obviously. They can be worked around, but you must be very careful.

-IF YOU'RE FACING A STALL TEAM USING ROTOM-F, YOU ARE PROBABLY FUCKED.

-Scizor, especially the choice band technician set. There isn't much physical wall on this team besides machamp and gliscor to take bullet punch, u turn, and superpower. Gliscor is a good counter to a scizor, but can still do considerable damage. Thus it is very critical you keep gliscor alive. And try to get heatran on it, preferably.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Well, welcome to competitive Pokemon then.
Some feedback:
Machamp
Run Bullet Punch rather then Thunderpunch on Machamp. It's not really viable to use boltbeam on a lead, and Bullet Punch guarentees certain KO's you wouldn't get with the current set, including many sash'd leads. You'll want to not run leftovers on Champ, try using a sash. Sleep talk is fairly worthless on this, use Payback to deal with Azelf.
Running sleep talk is a waste of a moveslot, if you're only using it to deal with Roserade.
Ice Punch is fine, deals with Gliscor fairly well.

Torterra:
I'm going to have to say, Torterra is a terrible Pokemon to use in OU with all the Pokemon that carry Ice Beam/Ice Punch. With all of the bulky waters, it's almost guarenteed that they carry Ice Beam. Almost all water Pokemon carry an ice move in their sets.
Examples are Suicune, Empoleon, Vaporeon, some Gyarados, Tentacruel, and Starmie. You have no chance against these guys.

Heatran:
You do not want to run Stealth Rock on this guy if you're planning on using him. If you want to prolong Heatran's life, don't run a Life Orb set with support moves, he can't take SE hit's at all. I reccomend running a scarf set, it can eliminate a variety of threats, you mentioned it fitting with Torterra, why run HP grass then? It gets outsped by most water types, defeating its purpose.

Vapoeron is fine, I don't reccomend using it with Blissey though, it's essentially a mini Blissey, high def and good sp. Def, but bad defense. You have no physical walling on this team, try swapping this or Blissey out for something like Bronzong, who takes Physical hits well.

Blissey:
I'm going to have to point out, Blissey makes a terrible screener from my experience. She doesn't need special defense support. Try ice beam for the coverage it gets.

Starmie:
It's fine, I'd put more into its sp. Attack though. Life orb rather then leftovers, it makes a good attacker.

All in all, decent team, I reccomend taking out Torterra and Blissey (you said about replacing Blissey as a preferece).
Change Machamp around like I said.
Torterra has too many weaknesses to common attacking types to be even remotely useful, and you don't like Blissey too much.
One thing to note, Swords Dance Lucario can brutally beat this team without even breaking a sweat.
Heatran can't do much they way you're using it. Try using a different set.

I'll give it about a 6/10 at its current state. It has potential, but nothing really compliments each other.
Some walls you might want to try:
Swampert: 1 weakness, great stats for walling, and heatran covers its grass problem
Bronzong: can dual screen, and fill many other notches.
Porygon2: makes a fine wall, able to bounce back abilities. Very specialized as a mixed defender, with decent defensive and sp. Defensive stats.

Good luck with your team

I'm going to have to say, Torterra is a terrible Pokemon to use in OU with all the Pokemon that carry Ice Beam/Ice Punch. With all of the bulky waters, it's almost guarenteed that they carry Ice Beam. Almost all water Pokemon carry an ice move in their sets.
I know this, I'm trying desperately to fit this pokemon on my team somehow for originality's sake. I think I may replace it for now and come back to it later when I have more of the metagame learned.

Thanks for the help so far, I will make an update when I get the chance.

Nice, jonathanrp, you're on Smogon did you quit GTS?.

Anyways, nice team. I think you should take off Torterra because Torterra kinda sucks in OU. You could change him to Swampert, who works well as a physical (and overall better) tanks.

Swampert
Calm
Torrent
Leftovers
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Roar / Protect / Surf
This set allows Swampert to live really long (if you pass Vappy's wishes to him, he'll live even longer) and annoy the hell out of your opponent. Pert also covers Vappy and Starmie's Electric weakness while tran can come in on grass attacks. Roar is for scouting, Protect is for scouting moves, and surf is there for Skarm.

With Swampert as your Stealth Rock user, you can change Heatran into a scarftran so that you can revenge kill a bit easier and put on more pressure.

Heatran
Flash Fire
Choice Scarf
Naive / Rash
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Fire Blast / Flamethrower
Earth Power
Explosion
Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Electric
Flamethrower can be used for a little less power over Fire Blast. Dragon Pulse is there for Dragons, HP Grass is for Bulky Waters, (mainly Swampert), and HP Electric can cover more waters (except Swampert).

Nice team, and welcome to Smogon.

Just because Mastodon is one of my favourite bands...

Don't add Swampert over Torterra. You have god knows how many bulky Waters already, and although they each have a slightly different purpose, you're limiting your team's ability to handle a wider variety of threats by having so many. You said that you were reluctant to remove Torterra, and that's perfectly fine, since it actually covers your team's weaknesses quite well. If you're willing to part ways with Torterra, I would heavily recommend trying Shaymin with Leftovers and the attacks Seed Flare / Hidden Power Fire / Leech Seed / Rest. With a Timid nature, you could probably get away with a spread of 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe to beat Jolly Gliscor, since very few base 100s run max Speed unless they're Scarfed. Shaymin provides similar typing as Torterra, but it gives your team much needed Speed and is far less of a deadweight in the attacking department. It also gives you a better chance of beating Ice Beam Blissey (who walls virtually your entire team) thanks to Rest and Leech Seed, while Hidden Power is nice to nail the odd Scizor or Forretress trying to come in for free.

Vaporeon is also quite unnecessary for your team since Starmie already counters Gyarados just fine and your team doesn't require Wish at all (Recover Starmie, Softboiled Blissey, maybe Rest Shaymin). Your team is funny in the sense that you're pretty weak to stall, but you're also weak to more offensive threats like SD Lucario. Gliscor would be a wonderful replacement over Vapreon, especially if you opt to replace Torterra, as it gives you something to absorb Electric attacks. It also provides superb synergy with the rest of your team, taking Fighting and Ground attacks for Hetran, while Starmie covers both Gliscor's weaknesses. With Leftovers, a Jolly nature, and a spread of 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe, Gliscor will single handily beat most stall teams with the moves Taunt / Toxic / Roost / Earthquake. It is also one of the best Lucario counters in the game, taking any common boosted attack, outpacing it and OHKOing with Earthquake.

There are a few more tweaks you should probably address. Firstly, try running the standard Lum Berry Machamp lead with Payback over ThunderPunch and Bullet Punch over Sleep Talk. This lets you beat leads like Azelf and then break their Focus Sash with Bullet Punch, and Sleep Talk becomes unnecessary for Roserade leads as long as you use Lum Berry. You might also want to consider running Earth Power and Explosion on Heatran instead of Taunt and Hidden Power Grass. With Explosion, Heatran gains the ability to OHKO Blissey, which is critical for your team, as it makes it much easier for Shaymin (potentially), Starmie and Blissey to work properly. I don't think you should be too hasty to change your own Blissey, since it's really useful for covering threats like Life Orb Starmie, who would otherwise give your team a lot of problems. If anything, try Ice Beam over Light Screen for the odd Dragonite or Gliscor trying to set up on you. More importantly, it gives you a way of damaging Substitute Gengar, who can really threaten your team.

I was actually considering giving shaymin a try. Although, like most of the pokemon on my team, I don't really know how to use him. I have changed the machamp to include bullet punch and close combat. I kept the leftovers on it for now because I switched him with heatran for lead (heatran as lead is doing alright, but I'm not sure if I'd like to keep heatran as lead). I also went out on a limb and replaced blissey with bronzong to give him a try, however, I don't think I'm using him right, I only briefly skimmed the smogon strategy for him. I think I can get more out of him, but I don't know. Is bronzong an acceptable substitute on my team for blissey?

Okay a few problems. Seeing as you have Machamp in the lead spot, it'll probably be KO'd sooner than later, and once that happens, nothing on your team really stands up to SkarmBliss. Also, you have no sponge for physical attacks; you really want a defensive pivot that can switch into a physical attack for free. I agree that Vaporeon is redundant on this team; it would be a good idea to replace it with physically defensive RestTalk Gyarados (if you insist on keeping a water-type) or Forretress to solve the problem of entry hazards, which you REALLY need because you have nothing that can guarantee a kill (no stat-uppers/Choice users).

Taunt on Heatran will not work outside of the lead position. People aren't going to mess around with status when you've got Heatran on the field, they'll just switch to their bulky water and KO you. HP Grass will do way less damage to them than they do to you. Switch it to Explosion so you can get rid of the bulky waters, which can and will run through most of your team, as well as annoying Blissey switchins.

Get rid of Torterra, it gets raped in OU, it really does. However, you still want a Ground-type pivot for electric attacks aimed at Starmie as well as something that can attract a Flash Fire boost for Heatran. The answer: replace it with Mamoswine. Using LO Mamoswine will give you an effective revenge killer (through Ice Shard) as well as a powerful STAB Earthquake that'll really hurt teams.

Lastly, you want a levitator or Flying-type to pivot to because of that nasty quad weakness to EQ for Heatran, and you have none on this team. A good defensive pivot for the Fighting type attacks aimed at Blissey as well and an all-round good Pokemon, not to mention a useful spinblocker, is Rotom-A, which needs to make its way onto this team.

Metagross can't really sponge those Specs Jolteon Thunderbolts and the like that well. I vote for Shaymin or at least a defensive Celebi.

update

Mr Hyde (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 156 HP/252 Spd/100 SAtk
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Hydro Pump

After using machamp and trying to use heatran (for SR) as a lead, I didn't really like either one of them as leads. Oddly, this set works alright for a lead. STAB hydro pump and ice beam does considerable damage to most other leads, and instead of having to switch in to starmie to blow away SR that is usually some people's first moves I can rapid spin without having to switch. Also, many people make the mistake of trying to get a status on this thing which is useless with recover and natural cure. Since this is the pokemon I've used most consistently I've learned a lot about the counters to something like Starmie, so I'm pretty comfortable with having this as a lead.

TANKterra (Torterra) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Outrage

I know many of you have told me to get away from torterra, and I switched away from it for a while, but I really liked this thing as a (really slow) late game sweeper with choice band after getting out some paralysis and SR damage. It's weaknesses do make it pretty vulnerable, but as long as I can outspeed and 1 shot pokes it works very well. I have yet to use outrage in the short time I've been using this team, but I'm hoping it will come in handy to clean up annoying dragon types eventually.

Ganondorf (Machamp) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
- Dynamicpunch
- Thunderpunch
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

I don't know why I bothered to try close combat on this thing when I already have Dynamic punch. Close combat is just kind of redundant with d punch, so I switched it back to ice punch for complete coverage. I'm considering switching leftovers for something a little more useful, maybe a life orb.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/180 Spd/76 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Seed Flare

This thing is still new to me, and I still don't really know how to use it well. It seems I never seem to switch it in at the appropriate time to use leech seed/protect. So not entirely sure how this thing works yet, but it's been kind of handy. However, it's really redundant with my torterra.

dicks (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Seismic Toss

Pretty obvious here: stall, heal, get out SR or paralysis, whatever I need to do for whatever situation I'm in. Like I said, paralysis and SR is very important for using my torterra.

Nartaeh (Heatran) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Still not quite sure what to do with this thing. I don't know if it's me or not, but it just doesn't do very well in most situations. I was using this thing as lead for a bit, but constant fear of earthquake kept me at bay. It seems people will go out of their way to switch in a earthquaker, water type, or fighting on this thing to avoid massive fire blast damage, which makes me want to change the set up for this heatran to better suit those switch ins.

If you do want to better suit Heatran switchins, then you'll really want to carry HP Grass to hit Swampert and Vaporeon hard. You definitely don't want both Fire Blast and Flamethrower, and Dragon Pulse also isn't of much use so you'd rather have Heatran put up rocks for you (this way, you can even scout the switchin for Flash Fire), and you'll also want Earth Power for its ability to hit KO other Heatran and hit Infernape hard. Choose any two of the three and that'll be fine. Also, don't run a Timid nature, you want the extra attack to boost Explosion's damage. Give him a Hasty or Naive nature.

Stealth Rock on Blissey is redundant if you have it on Heatran, and this Blissey could really benefit from Protect since you don't have Softboiled.

I think you should use Celebi over Shaymin, because Celetran works well, and the extra coverage/support would be useful. You want both Grass-types to attract Flash Fire boosts for Heatran.

You want Payback on Machamp to catch Rotom-A/Gengar by surprise. Trust me, it's unbelievably useful. Just switch in to something weak to DynamicPunch, and watch your opponent unknowingly give up their Ghost. Stone Edge would be more useful in terms of coverage than either Thunderpunch or Ice Punch, as even a super-effective Thunderpunch or Ice Punch is only as effective as a neutral STAB Dynamicpunch.

Recover on lead Starmie is unadvisable. I'd advise you to switch it for Grass Knot so you can surprise KO Swampert/Hippowdon and run LO over Leftovers.

Yes, I definitely need to change the moveset on heatran, I used HP grass before, but didn't find it very useful. I may switch on of it's move back to SR.

Starmie was an okay lead, but I think I would like to move it out and keep its moveset. Maybe lead machamp is the way to go here if I really wanna run machamp.

Machamp's moveset is okay with me, but I do like your payback suggestion. And you're right for the most part about D punch doing the same as t punch ice punch (not always though).

Blissey's moveset will be changed as I make other changes to my team.

Also, my torterra works really great. I can practically revenge kill any dragon with outrage.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/156 Def/100 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Protect
- Toxic

Thats a better Vaporeon ^ and you want a better SR'er than Blissey lol shes meant to just absorb Sp Attacks and get in a Twave on the switch/toxic or set up wish. having to wishers is kinda meh..but im in the same boat as you :( i know how each individual poke is good and such, just not a good synergist when it comes to team building

If you're using a non-choice Heatran, I'd suggest the following moveset:

Heatran @ Leftovers
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef (Hasty / Naive nature)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Substitute

Fire Blast and Earth Power provide decent coverage, but with Heatran's sheer force, even resisted Fire Blasts hurt (I've hit a Starmie for about 50% with it, while using a more defensive Tran). Substitute can be used on a switch (which Heatran causes a lot), which can ease your prediction and help you beat other Heatran and the likes of Gengar.
You could also opt for a more defensive spread, but I usually like the power Heatran gives me.

Since you started using Starmie I would suggest you run

Starmie@Choice specs
Timid/252 sp atk/ 252 speed
Grass knot (For perts)
Surf/Hydro pump (I prefer Hydro pump)
psychic (Will KO the standard Champ lead)
Ice beam

You can always try Occa berry Metagross in place of Toterra. He is a good stealth rock user and can deal with Heatran. Try pasho berry on Heatran since Rotom may pose a threat to you're team.

Not without some investment in SpDef or HP it won't.

If you're going to persist with Torterra, there is one suggestion I have: to protect you from the likes of Ice Punch Machamp, Ice Fang Hippowdon, Infernape of all varieties, etc., you want something fast that can easily OHKO everything. Firstly, I recommend changing your lead to a Choice Band Azelf:

Azelf @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
-Zen Headbutt
-U-turn
-Fire Punch
-Explosion

Fire Punch takes out Mamoswine and Weavile (if you can catch it on the switch), Zen Headbutt murders Infernape and Machamp (who will usually stay in thinking he'll avoid the OHKO and OHKO back with Payback), U-turn is for scouting, and Explosion is for Hippowdon or any other Pokemon you'd like removed from the field.

LO Starmie would perform better as a lead, due to its superior offensive capabilities. Machamp should run a Substitute + 3 Attacks set to improve its ability to sweep. Payback is especially needed to hit Ghost-types and provide extra coverage with Dynamicpunch. Either Ice Punch or Stone Edge works in the last moveslot, although the latter helps out more against Gyarados.

Regarding your support members, Shaymin is fine but could be replaced with Celebi if you'd like more paralysis. Blissey should run a faster EV spread of 44 HP / 252 Def / 120 SAtk / 92 Spd since this team is bulky offensive / balanced instead of defensive in nature. Also, replace Wish and Stealth Rock with Softboiled and either Flamethrower or Ice Beam so that you aren't useless against SubSplit Gengar. You'll have big Gengar problems otherwise, seeing as it would get free setups on Blissey and proceed to damage your team heavily. Heatran doesn't need two Fire moves; just use the one you prefer and add HP Electric / Grass over the other one. Grass hits Swampert, but Electric can be useful against RestTalk Gyarados, which helps considering you're not doing so well against stall.

Torterra honestly has no place on this team. I know that you like it, but it isn't very viable and judging from some of your descriptions, it seems it's only been decent because you've been battling against bad players. I would recommend going with a simple Lum Metagross, which can set up Stealth Rock and form an effective lead duo with Starmie.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please, update in the OP. It prevents confusion.

On machamp use stone edge or ice punch over thunder punch.

On Gliscor have EITHER u-turn or taunt, not both, as you need room for roost. Also, have sand veil as intimidate pokemon, i.e. gyarados walk all over you anyway.

Fire blast on heatran, if you want to use explosion on heatran, use a naive or hasty nature. It's mainly used for blisseys, whom you must bait into staying in against you. This usually involves some turns of spamming fireblast to convince them you don't have explosion, then luring them back in next time to be met with it.

Use a timid nature on shaymin, and have HP fire of HP ice for scizor, as you have starmie to cover dragons. Whereas heatran has to look out for scizor's CB superpower, which OHKOs.

Remove toxic/thunderwave on your blissey for seismic toss, so you can deal some consistent damage.

Please, update in the OP. It prevents confusion.
Will do

On machamp use stone edge or ice punch over thunder punch.
Well, seeing that gyarados is 4x weak to electric, I find it better to run thunder punch to get a free 1HKO on a gyarados switch in. You're not going to leave in a lead machamp after they switch in something like hippowdon or togekiss, both of which are hit 2x by ice punch and stone edge (not hippowdon), but usually take the same amount of damage when they switch into dynamic punch. STAB dynamic punch almost always does the same amount of damage as a 2x effective (besides payback, which usually has 100 base power). Just my 2 cents on it. I like it with thunder punch, so it will probably stay as thunder punch.

On Gliscor have EITHER u-turn or taunt, not both, as you need room for roost. Also, have sand veil as intimidate pokemon, i.e. gyarados walk all over you anyway.
So what I was thinking is a good idea: replace u-turn with roost.

Fire blast on heatran, if you want to use explosion on heatran, use a naive or hasty nature. It's mainly used for blisseys, whom you must bait into staying in against you. This usually involves some turns of spamming fireblast to convince them you don't have explosion, then luring them back in next time to be met with it.
I'll have to try this out. Usually explosion with heatran doesn't do a lot of damage, so I don't have a lot of faith in it, but I'll give it a shot on blissey.

Use a timid nature on shaymin, and have HP fire of HP ice for scizor, as you have starmie to cover dragons. Whereas heatran has to look out for scizor's CB superpower, which OHKOs.
It actually is timid in-game, I forgot to edit that. Shoddy doesn't allow any other decent combination (is it technically illegal in-game?). I don't know, you raise a valid point, but HP ice is very useful too, especially with even more prevalence of dragons in Gen V. Scizor is a considerable threat to my team, but if I can get my heatran on a move outside cc or superpower, I can kill it with ease. Also, gliscor walls scizor pretty well with resistance to fighting and bug types, and hits back with earthquake pretty well.

Remove toxic/thunderwave on your blissey for seismic toss, so you can deal some consistent damage.
I definitely should do this. Until you mentioned this just now, I didn't even realize that I had stopped using thunder wave after I had changed stoss to toxic. I'll switch thunderwave back to stoss.

So I have been faced with an issue: the blissey that I had been using in shoddy, a flawless blissey w/ stoss and wish, doesn't actually exist in game legally. The best wish blissey on smogon has kind of crappy IV's and can't learn stoss. So I'm not really sure what to do. That specific blissey was a very important part of my team and without it, it's unreliable. I tried running ddance ttar instead of it and works okay, but at a very high price seeing that it only makes my team more offensive.

So basically I'm wondering: what would be my next best option? Should I try to use the best wish blissey we have? Or should I go with a different pokemon altogether on blissey's stead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)