First RMT- Untitled (peaked #14)

Hi, this my first RMT ever. I've been playing in NU with several teams and this one obtained some good results, so I decided to make a RMT. Hope you enjoy it and give some feedback.

Team preview:

Team in detail:​

Musharna @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave

This Musharna works as a pivot and has a physically defensive spread to take on any physical attacker, specially Fighting-types. Moonlight, along with leftovers, keeps Musharna alive. Psychic, even uninvested, deals decent damage and can break most subs. Baton Pass gives some momentum for the team and, with thunder wave, lets Musharna escape Skuntank. Thunder Wave spreads paralysis and it can outspeed opponents on the second turn. Synchronize is a great ability that inflicts status, like toxic on Alomomola and Wartortle, though it doesn't have good synergy with Thunder Wave.

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Trait: Aftermath
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

This pokemon is, IMO, the best Dark-type in NU, and it does an amazing job at defeating Ghost and Psychic-types. 36 speed EVs are to outspeed Misdreavus, it has max attack and the rest goes in sp. defense. Aftermath hurts physical attackers that defeat Skuntank, making it easier to revenge kill. Crunch is the strongest STAB. Pursuit kills opponents that try to escape. Sucker Punch is a strong priority move, but requires a little prediction. Taunt prevents walls from recovering or inflicting status. It forms a good core with Musharna and Gurdurr.

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

This Gurdurr is a bulky physical attacker. It has max attack and the rest of EVs are in HP. With Eviolite, it's very bulky on the physical side and is rarely OHKOed by special attacks. Having Guts is very useful, because otherwise, burns would completely cripple it and, with this ability, they give it more power instead. Bulk up increases Gurdurr's attack and defense. Drain punch is a strong STAB move and recovers health. In conjunction with Bulk Up, it makes Gurdurr really hard to kill on the physical side. Mach Punch is STAB priority, and very useful because Gurdurr almost never outspeeds the opponent. Ice punch gives the best coverage hitting Flying types super-effectively and neutrally other types that resist Fighting.

Samurott @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet
- Grass Knot

My Samurott usually works as an anti-lead, because most Stealth Rock setters have a water-type weakness and can't survive a Surf. It's a pretty standard special Samurott, with max speed and sp. attack and life orb for extra power. I use Surf over Hydro Pump because most of the time I can't afford to miss. Ice Beam hits Grass and Dragon-types and Grass Knot hits Water-types. Finally, Aqua Jet is very useful to finish severely weakened opponents, including Sturdy leads with Custap Berry.

Miltank @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 SDef / 4 Atk / 252 HP
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Stealth Rock

Miltank is a special wall with utility moves. It has max investment in sp. defense and HP, and its ability is thick fat, which gives it resistances to Fire and Ice. It's worth noting that it has a great speed for a wall (base 100) and its defense is good too. Body Slam hits for good damage, braking most subs and has a paralysis chance. Heal Bell cures the team from status, specially Skuntank from burns, Musharna and Miltank itself. Milk Drink is for recovery, obviously, and so are Leftovers. Finally, it can set up SR for my team, which is always useful.

Electabuzz @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scarf Electabuzz is very fast and can revenge kill. Thunderbolt is the strongest STAB move in its arsenal. Volt Switch deals damage with the advantage of not being locked into a bad move and losing momentum. Hidden Power Ice and Focus Blast are for coverage. Vital spirit absorbs sleep, which would otherwise cripple a member of the team. I am not very sure about Electabuzz in this last slot. I have tried some other pokemon in this slot and none of them (including Electabuzz) have really satisfied me, so I am open to replace it.

Importable:
Musharna @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Samurott @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet
- Grass Knot

Miltank @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 SDef / 4 Atk / 252 HP
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Stealth Rock

Electabuzz @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, this team is like the definition of a typical Stage 8 team, not much creativity here, but it is very effective. I suspose SD scoliopede and Calm Mind serperior can give this team troubles, but I think that is about it that I can think of right off the bat. For serperior, I would place poison jab somewhere in your moveslot, maybe for crunch. SD scoliopede just has to watch out for sucker punch and taunt from skuntank, but after a megahorn, it takes out your whole team barring gurdurr, which cannot do much to fight back. For this, I would suggest placing stone edge and iron fist on gurdurr over bulk up and guts. Most people would not dare to status gurdurr anyway, so having that extra attacking power could make a difference.

Couple tidbits after that, a timid nature on electabuzz is mandatory in order to outspeed charizard, primeape and jynx. I would also tweak your samurott set a little bit, as it is probably best to run modest, unless you are very scared of ludicolo. Aqua jet coming off a minus nature with life orb is also not that great, though it will do the job of finishing off suicide leads. However, the best anti-lead in my opinion is choice band mold breaker sawk, as it can reliably ohko all leads except golurk, while you have to rely on a 20% flinch from samurott. Your team isnt weak to S.R, so its not a big deal. Alternatively, taunt could be used over aqua jet to guarentee no rocks, though I think taunt calm mind serperior can do that job better except for piloswine. I would suggest modest, or timid with megahorn if you are scared of ludicolo, for samurott.

Once again, a pretty boring and standard team. Congrats on your progress!

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The problem that I have with this team in particular is the unnecessary support that you have going on with what the team is actually trying to accomplish, losing a lot of momentum most of the time. This specifically centers around the use that you have provided with Miltank, which I feel is there to further compound the problems that you have going on with the team, such as a notable weakness to Golurk. Golurk can take advantage of and beat a lot of Pokemon 1v1 (not to mention that Skuntank can't reliably switch in) on this team and its very easy for that it to grab momentum as a result. Furthermore, I don't find much reason for Miltank's niche on this team with Heal Bell, as that conflicts with the Guts that Gurdurr likes to take advantage of. Regarding your statement with Musharna, "Synchronize is a great ability that inflicts status, like toxic on Alomomola and Wartortle, though it doesn't have good synergy with Thunder Wave." - this implies that you're making it seem like a bad thing to have those targets crippled with status, when on the contrary it's a good thing. Likewise, Pokemon like Rotom-S or Jynx can pick this team apart and easily strap the momentum to their favor.

With that being said, I think that you should replace Miltank with Piloswine, as its typing allows it to check all of the offensive threats that I've mentioned while being able to strike back hard with their respective STAB moves. It allows you to break a lot of the momentum that Volt Switch user will make on this team and can setup Stealth Rock reliably. It can also deter most offensive Flying types from making their way with this team with STAB Ice Shard.

I've also noticed some really unreliable ways of dealing with Spikes Scolipede, who stacks them easily on your team while you periodically try to wear it down with something slower that can take a Megahorn such as Gurdurr. Replacing Electabuzz with Rotom-S could also be a viable option as it can guarantee an OHKO with Air Slash, perform similar roles to that of Elecabuzz. and your team has the number of bulk and resistances to take on faster Scarf users anyways. You could also try Stone Edge over Ice Punch on Gurdurr also, as you lose to Tangela regardless and can hit most of the same targets, thus OHKO'ing Scolipede in addition. This is up to you though.

Gurdurr: Stone Edge > Ice Punch

• Piloswine over Miltank
Piloswine @ Eviolite| Thick Fat
Adamant nature | 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
Stealth Rock / Earthquake / Ice Shard / Icicle Spear or Stone Edge

• Choice Scarf Rotom-S over Electabuzz

Rotom-S @ Choice Scarf| Levitate
Timid nature | 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Volt Switch / Air Slash / Thunderbolt or Hidden Power Grass (For Seismitoad and other Ground-types) / Trick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)