First RMT! Sandstorm Edition!

Hey Smogon! This is my sandstorm team. It's been doing pretty well so far. I just wanted an extra pair of eyes to give it a look and decide if I could be doing anything better. So enough of that, let's get going here.

My team preview:

My Team:

Zilla (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Well, as this is a sandstorm team, I had to go with either Tyranitar or Hippowdon. I went with Zilla here to serve as a mixed attacker. He's got some added special bulk so he can switch in on stuff and be able to threaten back. The sassy nature helps so I'll be sure to get the sand up if another weather inducer gets sent in at the same time.

Spike (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Return

It's hard to run a good sand team without this guy. I don't think Spike needs much explanation as his job is pretty straightforward. Get up a swords dance, then sweep, sweep, and sweep. I wasn't sure if I should go with X-Scissor over Return, but I haven't found any situations where I wish I did have it.

Matador (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor

My choice scarf revenge killer. Matador has come in and netted so many kills. He out speeds scarfed Garchomp and just about everything. I also love the coverage I get with his moves.

Rex (Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Rex fits fairly nicely on this team. With the magic guard ability, he doesn't take any damage from the sandstorm. His solid defense plus recover has proven to be very handy, and once he gets a calm mind or two, he can sweep himself. Very good for sponging hits and being able to hit back.

Tundra (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Scald
- Grass Knot

Tundra is one of my most useful team members. He can resist all the strong water attacks that would otherwise kill most of my team. He also sets up rocks. I prefer yawn over roar as yawning my opponent often causes them to switch, so it gives me a chance to either setup the rocks or switch to something that can counter whatever I expect is coming out. Scald is there for STAB plus a potential burn, and grass knot is there to take out bulky water types.

Venom (Gliscor) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Lastly, I have Venom. He is able to sponge the hits that Tundra can't. I chose the sand veil ability for two reasons. One, it helps Venom avoid attacks that could have killed him (dem Ice Beams!). The second is because it allows me to have roost, which really helps Venom last. He is also my best counter to Breloom, who would otherwise probably run this team over. I just have to watch out for Spore. Not sure if it would just be better to run a poison heal plus toxic orb set, but that's what you're here for! :D

So that's my team! I hope you like it, and please give any suggestions you can think of. Thanks!

OK, i'll be frank, usually most tyranitar leads should carry stealth rock, i suggest replacing fire blast with stealth rock, as it has quite redundant coverage with superpower. replace empoleon with a bulky jellicent, which we basically do everything u want empoleon to do. Give the jellicent taunt and willowisp as without taunt stall gives ur team a hard time. just my 2 cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)