Gen 7 First competitive OU team

Hi I'm not a very competitive player and would like to learn more about creating a good team. I wanted to see what more skilled players would think of my first OU team.

Marmalade (Malamar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Rock Slide

I use malamar mainly for a good physical attacker with a little bit of bulkiness. Superpower is a good bonus with contrary because it gives buffs. Knock off and psycho cut are good STAB moves and rock slide is mainly for dealing with bug types or other coverage. Its low speed means that it works well under trick room.

The Imposter (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Toxic

Amoonguss is mainly used as a tank that can come in to a hit, use a utility or something and leave. Spore puts good offensive threats that are hard to deal with to sleep, while giga drain is an alright STAB move allowing it to take health. Clear smog is useful for buffers as I can use spore in combination with clear smog to put the threat to sleep and remove buffs with an added bit of damage. Toxic is nice to bring as it can be useful for chipping tankier pokemon.

Rabnarok (Azumarill) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch

Azumarill is a good sweeper that can come in on a sleeping target, use belly drum and hit hard. Huge power boosts the power of the attacks, allowing for aqua jet to be a good use in general. Leftovers, health and special defense give it extra survivability so after belly drum azumarill can regain health and still may be able to take a hit. It can be an even bigger threat under trick room which lets me not have to use aqua jet for everything.

Zappy Bird (Zapdos) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Air Cutter

Zapdos is mostly here for a good coverage option against grass and water types. Defog is useful to get rid of hazards. Air cutter with Flyinium Z is mainly used for a good STAB option.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Diancie is my main utility pokemon that can set up trick room which is helpful in most combinations. Magic bounce means that other utility pokemon can't set up first or can't toxic my diancie. Moonblast and diamond storm are mostly used for STAB.

Veggie Noodle (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Water]

Serperior is my decently tanky special attacker. Substitute and leftovers gives a solid form of protection so that I can leech seed and gain more health as well as safely using leaf storm to gain health. HP water means it can take care of fire types and steel types that get in the way.

I think this team is alright but can get stalled and chipped down easily. I'm down with accepting and trying any new changes as well as picking up advice on the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)