Final Grades/GPA thread/School/University Discussion

Honors English II - B (Fuck this shit)
Honors Algebra II/Trigonometry - A-
Honors Chemistry - A
French II - A
Volleyball/Racquet Sports - A+ (lol)
World/US History II - A
Introduction to Engineering Design - A

Current GPA is 3.775, hopefully I can get it up next year, but doubtful as I'm taking three AP's.

I can usually do pretty well in school without that much effort. I know which tests I need to study for and which ones I don't. I am hoping to really do well junior year to get my grades up as they are pretty average.

English 10- A (no effort at all)
Honors Precalulus- B+ (was really up and down all year)
Honors European History- B (toughest class I've ever taken)
Honors French III- A (Teacher practically gave us the answers, easy class)
Band- A (...yea...)
Honors Chemistry- B+ (I have trouble concentrating in boring subjects, and this was really boring)

GPA is 3.8ish weighted, 3.4ish unweighted, very very average

Also just starting the college search/recruiting process, its very intimidating :(

Was predicted AAB for my A level exams, reckon I'll be lucky to scrape through with ABC. Which isn't so bad, considering I've taught myself the second year entirely alone (no teachers, no college, no nowt). Got into Swansea University to study Classical Civilisation on an offer of 280 points (which translates to BBC), so I should be alright.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've just finished AS levels doing History, Politics, Economics and English Language, no idea what i'm predicted but expecting something like AABB since apart from Economics the exams were pretty easy. Hoping to go and do History or History and Politics at somewhere like Sheffield, Southampton or UEA in a couple of years. I do go to the best comprehensive school in the country(Watford Grammar School for Boys) and got the best possible teachers though so I was pretty lucky.

Akuchi, what subjects did you do?

This semester things worked out in my favor:

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1] ASTR340 Origin of the Universe: A-
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]CMSC311 Computer Organization: A- (professor said I deserved the A- and bumped me up)
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]CMSC351 Algorithms: A-[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]ENGL297 Beginning Poetry Workshop: A-
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1] ENGL311 British Literature from 1600 to 1800: A- (never skipped class, professor bumped me up)

At my University, +/- don't matter...so I got...a 4.0!

This gave my GPA a big boost: 2.69 to a 2.91[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

My school GPA is 87.8% (yes in high school, our GPA is in percentage). My last semester had mostly As, some Bs, and one C (>_>).

I've just finished AS levels doing History, Politics, Economics and English Language, no idea what i'm predicted but expecting something like AABB since apart from Economics the exams were pretty easy. Hoping to go and do History or History and Politics at somewhere like Sheffield, Southampton or UEA in a couple of years. I do go to the best comprehensive school in the country(Watford Grammar School for Boys) and got the best possible teachers though so I was pretty lucky.

Akuchi, what subjects did you do?

Government and Politics, History, and Philosophy. :3 I should score an A in Politics no problem (got 90 something percent overall last year with no effort involved), History I don't know how well I'm going to do - only opened my textbook three days before the exam but still wrote 12 pages so we'll see! Philosophy should be fine - I'm confident on Nietzsche, my synoptic was good and philosophy of mind is meh.

finished first year engineering at Queen's university (for all you canadian people)

First semester:
Physics 87% (4th percentile)
Calculus 93% (5th percentile)
Chemistry 90% (10th percentile)
Graphic Design 81% (28th percentile)
Personal Computers 89% (7th percentile)
Geology 81% (21st percentile)

Second Semester
Calculus 100% (obv 1st percentile)
Physics 91% (3rd percentile)
Chemistry 89% (9th percentile)
Linear Algebra 90% (28th percentile :( )
Computer Programming 100% (1st percentile)

So im going into engineering physics and am looking forward to my very nerdy future of all physics and calculus courses. anyone here going into a similiar program??
HAHA. You're clearly a very smart dude; those are excellent grades. However, you obviously don't know how percentiles work. For example, the 1st percentile is not the top 1%, but the bottom 1%; the top 1% is the 99th percentile. I know this because of LSATs; the higher your LSAT score, the higher your percentile (a perfect score of 180 is the top 99.9th percentile, meaning you are the best score amongst a 1000 test takers). Just thought it was funny, especially considering the "obv 1st percentile". Carry on.

Craaaaaaazy Americans. I wish we had to do Band Classes, it'd mean that I wouldn't have to stay after school to do it ¬__¬

Ah well. I'm in Year 12 (so the year before Senior for yous) and I'm doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry and German for AS Level and GCSE Spanish (GCSEs are usually done the year before, but I started Spanish last year x3)

I think I'll get:

Maths - A (highest you can get at AS, no + or - crap)
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
German - C-E (I did terrible on the test that we did D:)
Spanish - A* (You can get A* at GCSE, but not AS)

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Bio H- 91
Geometry H- 93
World Studies H- 98
English I H- 88 (teacher has a personal vendetta against me i swear)
Computer Aided Drafting and Design- 97
Spanish- 85. vvv, teacher doesnt understand shit so her grade is basically how much she likes you.
Gym/health- 99

Freshmen btw.

this thread is made every year and is basically hallmarked by people posting straight As and Bs, with little excuses such as "the teacher hates me" and "i don't even try" attached to the non As. are you all trying to impress with that or is it to simply make yourself feel better?

here's something to think about: you earn the grade you get. don't blame it on some outlying factor. the last thing i want to hear is that apparently every teacher has a vendetta against every pokemon player in the community.

good work to all those getting good grades and to contribute to this thread, i graduated high school years ago and go to rutgers university now (yeah i'm from new jersey).
Im not trying to impress anyone, but she really does hate me. I try plenty hard in the class, it could just be that i struggle with some things. I'm not blaming her entirely, but she really does have a problem with me and admits it openly.

Wow, the American school system sounds nuts. I'm attending the University of South Australia studying law. It was pretty easy for me to get in and I didn't have AMAZING scores just decent ones. They didn't ask me about "extracurricular" crap either.

The American school system is nearly as scary as the American health system.
American high school is definitely one of the scariest things in your life, as applying to colleges is nightmarish if you want to go to a really good school.

We are on Block Schedule so i'll separate the two semesters. I am an 11th grader.
1st Semester
Family Dynamics - A+
Spanish II - A+
AP US History - B+ (WTF) My first B since I started high school. Had an A-and I was exempted from exam but still took exam like a jackass and made a C.
AP Chemistry - A+

Second Semester
Computer Programming - A+
English 11 - A+
AP Algebra 2/Trigonometry - A+
Physical Education - A+

GPA was a 3.9 something weighted and unweighted. Thats bullshit. I wanted a 4.0 to get into MIT on a full ride. Maybe I can go somewhere else if they don't offer the full ride.

Planned Major
Aeronautical Engineering

College Choices:
MIT (Awesome school. Ranked #1 quite often but expensive as hell. #1 engineering school in the world. #4 School Overall in the U.S. at the moment)
Georgia Tech
Embry Riddell (Doesn't offer masters. I don't know about this one)
Vanderbilt ( One of the Top 10 Engineering Schools in the Nation)
Carnegie Mellon (One of the top 10 Engineering Schools in the Nation)

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
this thread is made every year and is basically hallmarked by people posting straight As and Bs, with little excuses such as "the teacher hates me" and "i don't even try" attached to the non As. are you all trying to impress with that or is it to simply make yourself feel better?

here's something to think about: you earn the grade you get. don't blame it on some outlying factor. the last thing i want to hear is that apparently every teacher has a vendetta against every pokemon player in the community.

good work to all those getting good grades and to contribute to this thread, i graduated high school years ago and go to rutgers university now (yeah i'm from new jersey).

It's true that 9/10 times aamato, that the teachers are decent and people are looking for an excuse for being lazy / not being a straight a student. However, I think most of us have had a legitimate bad teachers in the past. I will say for myself, I have seen people just throw away tests because they hated a student. Heck, I've had a teacher not put in a project into their gradebook, so I got a B- for the term. If you haven't met a person (not even a teacher; could be a boss or co-worker) like this, you certainly will.

I'll post with my scores when I eventually get them.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Still in school right now (massive wtf). Sophomore in New Jersey (USA).

As of right now (no final exam grade yet):
Elements of Literature & Composition Honors (English 10): 92% (A-)
US History I AP Part 1 (Our school separates it into 2 years): 84% (B)
Precalculus Honors: 93% (A-)
Chemistry AP: 89% (B+)
Spanish IV: 90% (A-)
Intro into Computer Sciences: 97% (A)
Java: 99% (A+)

Wow my grades suck.

We didnt get final grades back but according to the calculating sheets im going on a 95 average.

Freshman in Stuyvesant (the hardest damn school ever)

Nice job. How is Rutgers Unversity? I would really like to hear your opinion.

Oh, and my final grades are not shown to us yet. Will edit later when they are.

Well, my grades put all of you to shame.

Sophomore, University of Delaware
Civil Engineering

Mechanics of Materials: W*
Dynamics: W*
Materials Science for Engineers: W*
Earth History II: W*

Yup, I got all "W*" this semester. Basically, that means medical withdrawl without academic penalty. Depression has prevented me from completing the semester. Thus, I have to repeat the ENTIRE semester over again next spring...

Freshman in High School btw

English 113 (the better class): A+
World Themes 113 (the better class as well): A
Honors Spanish 4A: A-
Honors Algebra 2: B+
Honors Biology: A-

Meh...I've seen better grades but that B+ in Algebra 2 is because I did 3 out of the 10 homeworks assigned every chapter lol

High School Freshman

Writing & Speech (English): B+
Spanish 2: A
Advanced Algebra Honors: B+
Healthy Living: A+
Honors Biology: B+
Civics: A
Stage Band (Jazz Band):A+
Freshman Band: A+
Design (Art): A
Semester GPA: 3.81

The funny thing is that I just coasted through most of these, except the honors courses and jazz band. Just goes to prove our "lowest common denominator" education. I'm glad I did this well though.

Sophomore Year of High School

Sem 1
Algebra II IH: 100
World History AP: 99
European History AP:97
English II IH: 94
Chemistry IH: 100
Spanish III IH: 96
IRD: 100

Semester 2
Algebra II IH: 97
World History AP: 100
European History AP: 100
English II IH: 95
Chemistry IH: 100
Spanish III IH: 96
IRD: 100

My school was really easy, so its not that great with all of these grades, so when I move up to a new school (my district is weird), my grades will probably drop quite a bit.

For those that don't know, IH is just what my district calls the "pre-IB" program, which is utter shit since they don't actually require you to go through it to enroll in the IB program.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Spanish: 9.0
Math: 9.0
Physics: 9.3
P.E: 10
Band: 9.8
World History: 8.5
Computation: 10
Civism: 8.8
Chemistry: 9.5
English: 9.3

Not so bad, but History can be better =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)