FE: Fates draft thead [stage 1: interest/route decision]

Which route to do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is a draft?
tl;dr: A pool of characters is established, several people enter and take turns picking characters, then play through the game with only those characters. There is a competition for lowest total turn count, but the primary objective is to play the game differently with units you might not use otherwise. Full explanation here. Big note to take away: don't enter if you aren't sure you can finish/continue posting updates, because if you were to do that you would be actively detracting from everyone else's experience.
  1. Undrafted units may not be used as meatshields, build supports, or otherwise enter combat unless otherwise unavoidable. They may be used to visit villages, pick locks, talk to NPCs, and Pair Up with other undrafted units.
  2. Drafting a father means drafting the child too.
  3. Any difficulty is allowed, Hard/Classic is preferred.
  4. DLC, Link Bonus, and Visitor/Battle rewards are banned.
  5. Grinding in Birthright and Revelations is banned.
  6. The 3 self-unlocking My Castle skirmishes are counted as Paralogues and may be completed as you wish.
  7. Regardless of drafting status, you may forgo Shrua's recruitment for the Boots in Nohr Ch 16.
  8. Wireless features are generally banned with the following exceptions: you may visit other castles to gather materials for forging only, and you may do online battles using only undrafted units if you need Dragon Vein points for Yukimura/Flora/Fuga's recruitment conditions assuming you drafted them.
Free units: Corrin->Kana, Jakob, Felicia, Azura->Shigure, and Gunter (in order to balance F!avatar/Jakob against M!avatar/Felicia, Dwyer is banned)
All units are free until chapter 7.
Camilla/Selena/Beruka are free for Conquest ch10.
Ryoma, Scarlet, Hinoka, Setsuna, and Azama are free for Revelation ch16.
Xander and Leo are free for Revelation ch17.

Draftable units:
Hoshido (27 units, 19 picks): Rinkah, Sakura, Hana, Subaki->Caeldori, Saizo->Asugi, Orochi, Hinoka, Azama->Mitama, Setsuna, Hayato>Rhajat, Oboro, Hinata->Hisame, Takumi->Kiragi, Kagero, Yuugiri, Kaden>Selkie, Ryoma->Shiro, Scarlet, Yukimura

Nohr (25 units, 17 picks): Elise, Arthur->Percy, Effie, Odin->Ophelia, Niles>Nina, Nyx, Camilla, Selena, Beruka, Laslow>Soleil, Peri, Benny>Ignis, Charlotte, Leo->Forrest, Keaton>Velouria, Xander->Siegbert, Flora

Neutral (7 units, 5 picks): Kaze->Midori, Silas->Sophie, Shura, Mozu, Izana

Revelation exclusive: Fuga

Assuming I didn't screw up somewhere that leaves us with 24 total picks for Birthright, 22 for Conquest, and 42 for Revelation. Obviously the numbers of picks each player will get will depend upon the route chosen and the size of the draft pool.

Right now I'm just gauging if there's enough interest to run a draft that would actually be interesting, so if you want to try this and are reasonably sure you would be able to participate all the way through, post saying you'd like to enter (also note if there's a version you don't have, I guess). I included the poll to see which version people want to play, but the size of the draft pool might also influence which one we go with.
The soft-deadline for entry is the end of the day (midnight EST) on Wednesday, March 23rd, after which I'd like to go ahead and start the drafting process.

Last edited:
Poll doesn't have multiple options but I'll play any version.

I'll play to the end and I've got 3ds capture so I'll probably provide some video as well if it's Conquest.

Also is November correct for the deadline? Because that really doesn't make sense.

Really looking forward to this, never done a draft or even a low turn count tun for any FE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)