[Expert] Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Mafia - Game Over (GFed/DSamus win) - Postgame Up!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Walrein this game would not have happened without you and you helped design some of it, you deserve almost as much credit for design and at least as much credit for hosting this as I do (whether for good or bad xD).

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AisKybZ8ZjEmdHdOQmR3Nk5NZU5SeElhZUpCZUZQQXc
^ the Samus spread in case anyone cares to see my pretty rainbow, Flame did most of the early work then once he died I filled in everything. I think LW made like one or two edits.

also LW was the one who told me to all-lose, at one point in a later night if one of us had died:
(1:44:43 pm) <LightWolf> just make DS lose
(1:44:54 pm) <LightWolf> and steal from JMax
(1:44:59 pm) <Yeti> yea i gave up on my odds of winning when flame died :[
(1:45:06 pm) <Yeti> you'll get the team kill and steal if i die
(1:45:18 pm) <LightWolf> yay
(1:45:23 pm) <LightWolf> so yeah
(1:45:35 pm) <LightWolf> steal dem keys
(1:45:39 pm) <Yeti> ok
(1:45:42 pm) <LightWolf> as long as you survive till night 7
(1:45:42 pm) <Yeti> i am HOPING all goes well
(1:45:45 pm) <LightWolf> billy loses
(1:45:55 pm) <LightWolf> well if you have a Torvus key that is
(1:46:13 pm) <LightWolf> as for eleminating teams
(1:46:19 pm) <LightWolf> go for killing DA
and so on. I mean we TRIED TO win but I honestly did not believe for a second billy was letting Sky open so I just let it go. so it wasn't my idea to all-lose at the start!!!!! I mean I felt my odds were prettttttty darn slim after I was going 1 vs 3 against DS and when I got LW I did try to do work but making EVERYONE lose only came together when LW told me how to do so (kill DA, hold Torvus key)

I regret not having lynched billy D7 or whenever, but Nachos was reluctant to do so and the Feds weren't so inclined (going for SP instead), and honestly Nachos was screwed over too so I helped him survive. I don't think we could've obtained majority that day without Nachos' support. Spiffy vs DLE for the Torvus, etc etc.

At the end the hosts were definitely dropping hints, such as "you think billy has a redirect?" and "billy protecting Sky Temple?!?!" kind of stuff to make us not give up lol.

UGH still calling unhookable hooker the worst ever, and I WAS holding Phazon 3 thinking billy needed all of them to upgrade, so I did try. I also had never seen his team's SG before, so I didn't think he had one that would prevent my thief/hook on Spiffy. in fact, I thought he was unstealable b/c nobody's thief had ever worked on billy's alias.

Also I never was aware that the rogue working was the catalyst for the hook coming into play honestly, the flavor confused me to no end in this, so I didn't think the Ing had tried to kill us, not to mention, would they even have a kill or bother trying again?

Ing was also the easiest alias to gain from anyone so that's why we kept killing them, sans ipl telling us to off Dark Samus HD, which threw the LA into chaos w/ the recruit PM. I was very suspicious of Spiffy, but Agape telling everything to Crux wasn't doing Agape any favors, and von was legit never on to talk to. I wish the LA hadn't been quite such a mess and had realized their moles earlier, or at least been more active -x-

If the LA hadn't been so dysfunctional, planning with them to recruit, etc. wouldn't have gone so wrong. Picking up EMax was the best choice but unfortunately, Spiffy knew b/c he planned with me, DLE, the SP, etc, and I told Agape because I trusted Agape, who was just sick of it I guess at that point and told Crux. Perhaps the DA wouldn't have been sure who I took at that point, but since they were SUPPOSED TO ALL BE DEAD BY THE NEXT LYNCH, it was a moot point at the time I guess.

Imagine my surprise when the only DA "loss" was my recruit which miraculously worked.

Anyway like I said I regret Flame died before LW came onboard, so we never had a Samuschan :( instead it was me tl;dring to LW I think trying to process the game so sorry if I sent too many words lol, and Flame doing work before he died and pasting it to me so we could review. LW was def the best recruit I could've asked for and he totally deserved to win this, I'm only sorry I got boned by the gd Phazon hook mess as I def would've lynched DS and won otherwise :(

It was a pleasure to work with both of my Samuscumbuddies & you two were great teammates, DLE and Quags you were definitely our biggest asset/help, not being moled up until you got slaughtered :| I'm sorry that the protect/kill mess went wrong when Quags died, the DA had mentioned killing DLE and just.. who knew what they'd actually do you know, unfortunately the way your actions went turned out wrong but oh well.

DA I don't get why you guys were such a problem, it was always a chore negotiating with your team no matter who it was, although Snype was decent, too bad he died so early and left the rest of you in charge. We didn't need you dead and could've won together easily but you were quite antagonistic towards us and I still don't get why except you were very close with DS the whole time.

Feds, good men. Somewhat loony but good men, you were pretty solid allies despite some disagreements.

We knew that the SP we lynch redirected to was a SP, also, so it wasn't a rand. I wish we'd have had a solid read on a DS alias at that point but the randlynch on Flame came too early for anyone to have nailed it down :\ at least we took out a nasty SP power role.

Anyway <3 to Flame & LW, sorry we couldn't win but we came close!!! Also <3 to the Star TREK cast bots, and Lumi you guys were good allies to the bitter end.

I should probably jump in to explain a bit more about the lynch redirect and the missed rogue. As a preface, I only talked to the DA once the entire time I was alive, and it was during that lynch. I had three options to redirect to: the Ing, Dark Samus, and the Space Pirates.
-We weren't 100% certain about the DS alias
-Ing had already lost a man and we were killing them the next night anyway
-Space Pirates hadn't lost anyone yet, and were buddying up both to DS AND to LA, who at that point were our best (and tbh since I was having no end of trouble maintaining steady contact with any other faction, only) ally
So I saw the Space Pirates as the biggest threat of the three and took aim at one of the three Space Pirate aliases we had gotten from IPL with the lynch redirect. Turned out it was Nachos' amazing role. Sorry!

Then came the rogue. Apparently something got lost in communication because I knew that the rogue prevented the Ing kill, but fsr I thought that it was unlikely they'd kill us again or that they'd even be able to. I also had IPL warning me that DS was rumored to have a really strong kill, and knowing that our rogue was the only way of stopping an unhookable, unblockable kill similar to ours I put it on the "guaranteed" DS alias that IPL gave me. Needless to say it didn't work out -_-

Anyway, it was great playing with you Yeti, thanks for getting it as close as you did! I didn't think we had much of a chance at that point but we definitely did well. And thanks for letting me play Sam/Walrein, you guys did a great job with the game and it'll probably rank as one of my favorites so far.

Fun game to play coming back from long break, despite bad luck running its course. Was a pleasure to play with zorbees and the early Ing allies while I was still alive. Lynch seemed set in stone, but Samus kept that promise of "throttling the Ing". We did devote most resources to killing Samus as well though.

Thanks for the enjoyable, well-designed game hosts!

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
I would like to revoke Snype's best DA award, simply because I had to do a lot of work to convince him that We were not a faction of 3 being moled by a two person faction of B_T and lightwolf. Also yeti, the reason that I never agreed to your deals was because we would be moving from a more sure spot with dark samus (fuck billy deprioririzing the lynch the wrong number >_>) to a much less secure spot with you, since that meant having to work with light aether and luminoth, and from our perspective, we were pretty damn sure you would stick with them over us. Also the fact that Dark Samus knew all of our aliases, that was another big reason for not flipping.

It was a really enjoyable game, and I'm disappointed I had to sub out of it. I'd like to give special credit to GFeds, for playing an exceptional under the radar game after being fucked so early. I still don't understand how Accent stayed alive for so fucking long even when his alias was revealed so early.... gg's all, generic screw Dark Samus comment, peace.

An extremely contested lynch, if Samus’ persuade had not been able to hit through kingofkong’s vote ensurer she would have been lynched by one measly vote.
what the fuck is this
Things turned again this night, though only because Dark Samus decided to betray Dark Aether in favor of the Space Pirates this night.
what the fuck is this

will reply to the ~rest~ when i have the time

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For making that lynch a DA vs Samus one, was because firstly there was no DA offer at the time, and I found SP more trustable(due to problems they had with billy in the past)(also I needed to protect my vote, which I needed SP for, in retrospect the mistake was not getting ready for aska backstabbing)

Also it would have felt awkward talking to my old team like that lol...

Just a quick word: most of the things that are attributed to luck actually happened like we intended them to - due to our roles which lacked any sort of info gathering power, I based most of our plays on things that I had deduced would happen after talking to players. I tried to talk to at least one member from every faction each cycle, and decided on what to do based on that. We were of course lucky, but I think the fact we were not targeted for so long is both due to luck AND to the way I talked to some people. Similarly, having my alias revealed was not a mistake at all, I knew it would happen; and killing aska was not just some kind of lucky move either.

Regarding the defeatist thing, to be honest we were sure that Sky temple would be protected. Based on that, our logic was that if we couldn't win, we could at least stop enemies from doing so. Then again, if Yeti wasn't so set on destroying DA, the D7 lynch might not have ended the way it did, and the game's outcome might have been different.
Why wasn't the Sky temple protected? I guess billy wanted to make sure Torvus would open, but then again he could have asked Nachos to do so. I'm probably missing info here, and I might be influenced by my own experience talking to billy, but my impression is that by the end of the game most players wanted him dead - I don't call that successful negotiations. Of course, it still worked out, but what I mean is that we, simply thanks to discussion, managed to fly under the radar and get on most people's good side, also managed to win. If billy had obtained more support from other factions, I think he could have secured the game earlier. But, again, that's only my opinion. Even just gaining our trust would have been a huge help imo, when we ended up working with Samus instead (who we hadn't been negotiating with a lot early game).

I guess the only other faction I have to say something about are the DA - I have no clue why Daenym was so certain that we wanted him dead in the end. Yeti did, not us. We could have made some kind of deal. Of course, there was the 666Max lynch, but at some point in a multifaction game you HAVE to make compromises and hit "allies". Anyway- I wanted to work with you guys early on, and until something like D3 you were the main galfed allies; but then due to you never being online (I'm not irreproachable either) things got worse. Again, this shows how dumb it was to ruin the possible DS/DA/Fed alliance.

About the game: thanks for hosting UncleSam and Walrein, the amount of work that went into this really shows. There are of course things that I didn't like - mostly, the temple thing which felt like a designer whim forced onto players for no reason. I still don't know in what way it was supposed to change our experience for the better - if you wanted to pressure us with some kind of latent mechanic besides the normal WC, there were many other ways to do it. Even just removing the temples from the WCs would have made it better - players wanting to get more power in the long run could have attempted opening them, while the others wouldn't have had to care. The way it was designed was way too subject to luck which is an almost unforgivable fault for something as major as this.
I also disliked the way the lynch worked - I think players should be encouraged to lynch, not the opposite. Early game, no one voted because it meant their alias would be revealed... I know it was meant to simulate an anon forum, but still. No big deal however.
One last thing: I initially was speechless when I realized that we had no info role at all. However, when I understood shortly later that it was how you designed the faction, I changed my mind and I think that is a great thing. That's how I think good mafias are designed, with factions that have some kind of identity, instead of just 5 copies of the same team. So good job on that!

Thanks again for hosting, gg to billy (who despite my earlier comments is obviously a very good strategist :) I hope you don't take it personally, I enjoyed playing with you and it's disappointing to see you specifically requested not to be my teammate, I hope this game helped change your opinion at least a little), and cheers to Yeti who I worked with the most in the end. Also, of course, ^5 to MK Ultra, ginganinja and GK, I tried to ask your opinion whenever I could because I don't like when a team leader just does EVERYTHING and treats the other team members as pawns, so I hope that's not how it felt for you. You were good galfed agents! :D

Thanks for hosting this, US/Walrein. Nice to have a working complex game for once :)

N1 was very hilarious, I decided to play this game risky to keep my interest up. Thus I publicly claimed and hoped for allies to show up, especially samus. Ironically flamestrike actually approached me on IRC even if I didn't expect it but sadly due to timezones I wasn't able to speak with him.

Instead I spoke to BT, who shares the best timezone to exist. It was very fun trying to have him claim samus even when he wasn't (I actually thought you were a pirate after that convo).

The pubclaiming lead to nobody claiming to me and everyone suspecting me. Well, that made the LA trust ipl with their claims so guess it was worth it... Ipl by the way was the only one to believe my claim >_>

After the HD/LN scandal and ipl's demoralization I had to take the lead. I continued with the risk taking and persuaded ipl to add crux and spiffy to the sheets (the pirates let us in theirs).

I was much misinformed and uninformed. Even when I died I wasn't aware of deviousmax. Nor that the dark samus had an ally moping us until yeti told me. I should have spoken with yeti much more to keep my information correct. I tried to arrange the night actions well, but it was hard because I had 4 guys of which 2 were moles. Having no idea who were the moles I gave them all info. I suspected spiffy and vonfiedler to be the clean ones and gave them more info. Telling crux about the DA killings was perhaps my biggest mistake because I was aware of it >_> Well it turned out spiffy had planned it so the info went a full circle back to crux...

After the failed DA killing our last straw was to get a temple opened, hopefully ourselves. This plan was foiled by my utter lack of temple alias and key information. Then we all died. Recruiting spiffy was the best play in my opinion, because nobody in LA actually suspected him. (I thought him misinforming yeti was my fault for not giving him enough information :)

Nice game, moley team, bad play for my part. Looking forward to MP3. (Although I prefer FLAC files.)

Something I forgot to mention, which is only slightly relevant and that I've told to US already, but light still explain some things... I really have a crappy PC right now. Not only in terms of specs, but also in terms of "no-admin-rights-only-IE7-unable-to-open-google-docs". Due to this (plus the fact that it was christmas/NYE I guess), I had no way to actually keep track of my info until the later cycles- I had it all in mind, and on an actual notepad. Getting a clear overview of everything that was happening was impossible... so, yeah, never again. (that's also why I couldn't edit some posts and had trouble sending PMs)

Regarding the defeatist thing, to be honest we were sure that Sky temple would be protected. Based on that, our logic was that if we couldn't win, we could at least stop enemies from doing so. Then again, if Yeti wasn't so set on destroying DA, the D7 lynch might not have ended the way it did, and the game's outcome might have been different.
Why wasn't the Sky temple protected? I guess billy wanted to make sure Torvus would open, but then again he could have asked Nachos to do so. I'm probably missing info here, and I might be influenced by my own experience talking to billy, but my impression is that by the end of the game most players wanted him dead - I don't call that successful negotiations. Of course, it still worked out, but what I mean is that we, simply thanks to discussion, managed to fly under the radar and get on most people's good side, also managed to win. If billy had obtained more support from other factions, I think he could have secured the game earlier. But, again, that's only my opinion. Even just gaining our trust would have been a huge help imo, when we ended up working with Samus instead (who we hadn't been negotiating with a lot early game).
I wanted Sky temple protected, and it would have been, except Nachos told be in an extremely explicit way he had no intentions of me winning. I fucked up Daenym's deprio, so I had no one willing to protect Sky Temple.

"Everyone" wanting me dead was really only Nachos, Daletterel and Yeti. Two of which were my enemies, and 1 had been trying to betray me all game. I knew my allies would probably turn on me at some point (I was really worried about Ing and Dark Aether, hence the disastrous Night 6), and I was pretty sure that night 7, Nachos wouldn't know exactly what to do to defeat me. I'm not actually sure there was anything, Given my actions were pretty solid, and Spiffy would open torvus and get a bpv before any kill would hurt me anyway. (Though I didn't know this at the time.)

I felt the biggest mistakes of the game, on my part were:

The ToTheMax lynch Day 3. I knew Samus would have lynch protection and should have waited. A night kill would have been far safer and I knew this, I just wasn't sure if we'd have enough support for a luminoth lynch iirc.

Allowing LW to be recruited Night 4, goes without saying. Already explained prior as well.

Night 6: Should have killed Nachos or Daletterel, and saved Zorbees and the Dark Aethers again. Aska was asking for increasingly ridiculous actions, and me forgetting to pass him sanctuary keys made him even more crazy.

Day 7: Deprioritising the wrong amount. Already explained as well.

Most of these were made up with an amazing start (Randtarget on d1) and Crux's work within Light Aether and Space Pirates.

Day 1 Rand target got everything rolling, the Phazon hunt Day 1 - Night 2 made great allies in Pirates, Ing and Dark Aether, however Feds were extremely quiet (and they held two). Crux giving me the LA plans, and IPL letting me give input, on the premise that I would recruit him soon. Killing off the two best Luminoth roles was extremely helpful.

Getting samus down one Night 3 helped a lot, but it also meant we stopped targeting Luminoth, which may have been a bad idea. At this point, Feds weren't really targeted because I didn't need them dead. The ing followed that, IPL was doing his own thing, and the pirates decided to tell crux and spiffy anything anyway! Zorbees and Lightwolf gave me the agon keys, to match the one I picked up Night 1, and Agon opened easily. Pirates and LA didn't even know it was a temple until like night 5 or 6 or something.

Two consecutive failed lynches on Samus meant we were in trouble, so we pulled everything together and culled the remaining LA, and all known remaining 'kill ensure' roles, though it appears we missed MK's bg stop.

With only one Ing left, and Aska trying his best to get them eliminated, I figured the Ing may stop working with me at some point, so I let Zorbees2 die, and eliminate the remaining Dark Aethers with Aska, because I feared they'd pose a problem blocking Torvus, especially BT who had already said he had no interest in temples opening. Unfortunately, the Night 6 actions were poorly thought out, which nearly resulted in a loss.

Day 7 I figured I needed to pretend to be willing to work with nachos long enough to ensure he wouldn't work with Samus. I doubted Fed would betray me with all Sky and Torvus keys, and Dark Aether definitely had an interest in working with me. Night 7, if I had deproed Daenym correctly, I think I'd have had a foolproof action plan, but I fucked up and then required Nachos to do something random, which would enable my victory. He did not fail me, allowing me to get the 6th Phazon.

I don't have a lot to say about what Crux and Spiffy did because I was rather uninvolved. I did most of the night actions, Crux and Spiffy just gave me updates on what LA was doing which allowed them to act honest, with the downside of me having to counter the LA, Samus and Pirate actions, rather than actively control them. They both did a great job moling, nice work guys!

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just want to extend my sincerest of apologies for not being at all active in this game. Its complicated nature in addition to my ridiculous workload over the last 4-5 weeks made it so keeping up with it was impossible, and I'm really sorry for that because when I read the postgame there was a ton of thought put into it.

As an aside to Nachos, I was not an elitist asshole who only talked to elite players... that's never been my style.. I was a LAZY asshole who didn't talk to ANYONE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)