Other Everyone Who Signs Up Will Be In This Game [Challenge 1]

Everyone I want your comments on some of my answers:

1) What is my current vhost on synIRC?
everything.is.fine.nothing.is.ruined

2) What was my first vhost?
and.the.peasants.rejoiced.yaaaay

3) Who is currently depicted in my avatar? (don't worry, I won't change it up on you)
Herman Cain

4) What did I false claim in my first game on Circus Maximus?
Frogfucius

5) What is the name of my pet cat?
What cat.

6) How does one get to the Sweet Puttin' Cakes Puttiature Golf-Golf course?
Thinking about miniature golf and being fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to simply appear there without explanation

7) What is Monty from Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers' last name?
Jack

8) Which house rules in the Vale?
Arryn

9) According to xkcd, what do physics professors enjoy working in less than they say they do?
Frictionless Vacuums

10) What is the prime factorization of 11111? Bonus points for general solutions.
41 * 271
The general solution is by brute force and recursion, which is why it is so slow. You have to divide the number N by each prime number between 2 and the the square root of N until you find one that divides cleanly (with no remainder). If need-be, divide it by every single number up until sqrt(N), slower, but does not require a list of primes. At this point, find the prime factors of this smaller number by the same method until you find a number with no prime factors up to its square root. This number is a prime. The explicit product of this prime with the other factors you've found up to this point is the prime factorization.

Best of luck.

1) What is my current vhost on synIRC?

everything.is.fine.nothing.is.ruined

2) What was my first vhost?

and.the.peasants.rejoiced.yaaaay

3) Who is currently depicted in my avatar? (don't worry, I won't change it up on you)
Herman Cain

4) What did I false claim in my first game on Circus Maximus?
Frogfucius

5) What is the name of my pet cat?

are you kidding me

6) How does one get to the Sweet Puttin' Cakes Puttiature Golf-Golf course?

Thinking about miniature golf and being fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to simply appear there without explanation

7) What is Monty from Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers' last name?
Jack

8) Which house rules in the Vale?

Arryn

9) According to xkcd, what do physics professors enjoy working in less than they say they do?

A frictionless vacuum

10) What is the prime factorization of 11111? Bonus points for general solutions.

41 * 271, reached by dividing 11111 by successively larger primes until the result is an integer. Then, the first integer times the result is 11111, so prime 1 (41) times the factors of the integer is the prime factorization. Since 271 is also a prime number, the solution is simply 41 * 271

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)