Other Everyone Who Signs Up Will Be In This Game [Challenge 1]

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
First, let's go over how everyone went with the sign-ups. Let's go over who will receive the bonus. The following users submitted their signup posts correctly and were the first to name another Smogon user who signed up:

kingofkongs
zorbees
tas
vonFiedler
Walrein
Ditto
FireMage
LightWolf
RODAN
UllarWarlord
Eagle4
Celever
Ultimathunder
Hulavuta
Crux
TIK
Laurel
Ace Emerald
YAYtears
Deoxymoron

All of those users will receive a small bonus during this first task. Next, the users who did follow all of the directions (that is, their signup post contained the word "in" and they named another Smogon user) but the user they named happened not to sign up. These users will not receive a bonus nor will they receive a detriment:

Acklow
billymills
StevenSnype
jalmont
LonelyNess**
BLOOD TOTEM
Cereza
Archen

Now, the single user who broke one of the rules even in their sign-up post. This user posted a duplicate name when it clearly states in the rules of the sign-up thread that duplicates are against the rules. This user:

shinyskarmory

This user will receive a small detriment in the first task.

For those of you who want to see the complete playerlist, here it is:

Ace Emerald
Acklow
Archen
billymills
BLOOD TOTEM
Celever
Cereza
Crux
Deoxymoron
Ditto
Eagle4
FireMage
Hulavuta
jalmont
kingofkongs
Laurel
LightWolf
LonelyNess
RODAN
shinyskarmory
StevenSnype
the_angry_scientist
THE_IRON_KENYAN
UllarWarlord
Ultimathunder
vonFiedler
Walrein
YAYtears
zorbees

**LonelyNess, while he named me, a Smogon user, did not name a user who signed up for the game. My post clearly contained the names of two different Smogon users, making it not count as a signup post. Also, I am the host and clearly not participating in the game.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Challenge 1: The Quiz

Following the tradition of both of the previous two games of this format, the first challenge of this game is a simple quiz. Beware: while everyone who signed up is in this game, not everyone who takes this challenge will remain in this game.

The rules of the challenge are simple. I will post a set of 10 questions. Each user will PM me their answers to these ten questions. The user(s) who answer the fewest number of questions correctly will be eliminated and punished. However, similarly, the user(s) who answer the most number of questions correctly will also be eliminated and punished.

But this is not a game for cowards, and to reward you for not being a coward, the user(s) who answer the second fewest number of questions correctly will receive a bonus for the next round. Similarly, the user(s) who answer the second most number of questions correctly will also receive a bonus for the next round.

Some of the questions will be difficult to answer without help. This is where the bonus comes in. Those of you who received the bonus may send me ONE private message asking me what the answer is to one of the ten questions. I will respond with the correct answer to that question is as soon as I can.

If you have received a detriment for this task (only one of you has), then you must post all of your answers in the thread instead of sending them to me via PM.

You are not only allowed, but encouraged to get help from other users participating in the game (and/or google) to find the answers to these questions. Be aware that every challenge will involve a significant amount of teamwork to complete - it will be best to make allies now before it's too late. The best place to talk to other people playing the game is #nocowards on irc.synirc.net.

Now, the quiz.

1) What is my current vhost on synIRC?
2) What was my first vhost?
3) Who is currently depicted in my avatar? (don't worry, I won't change it up on you)
4) What did I false claim in my first game on Circus Maximus?
5) What is the name of my pet cat?
6) How does one get to the Sweet Puttin' Cakes Puttiature Golf-Golf course?
7) What is Monty from Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers' last name?
8) Which house rules in the Vale?
9) According to xkcd, what do physics professors enjoy working in less than they say they do?
10) What is the prime factorization of 11111? Bonus points for general solutions.

Good luck. If you have any questions about the rules, PM me and I'll elucidate. The best place to find me is the irc channel, but I will be religiously looking through my Smogon PMs as well.

You have four days as of this post to send me your answers to all of these questions. If you do not do this within the allotted four days, you will not only be punished, but you will receive a much harsher punishment than the other users eliminated in this round.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
[00:36:39] <Deoxymoron> What happens if first or last place is a tie
[00:37:44] <askaninjask> hm i have not planned for that case but
[00:37:53] <Deoxymoron> But if everyone gets 4 answers right what happebs
[00:38:00] <Deoxymoron> *happens
[00:38:08] <askaninjask> everyone will be out if everyone gets 4
[00:38:29] <kingofmars> and what happens if
[00:38:34] <kingofmars> the only people who guess are those that get
[00:38:38] <kingofmars> 4 and 5 right
[00:38:50] <kingofmars> would everyone still be out?
[00:38:53] <askaninjask> similarly, everyone would still be out

[00:39:38] <askaninjask> you can change submissions
[00:40:13] <kingofmars> oh
[00:40:14] <Deoxymoron> Wait what?
[00:40:16] <kingofmars> oh thats fun
[00:40:22] <Deoxymoron> So I can get 5 right
[00:40:22] <kingofmars> alright I'll stay as it then
[00:40:31] <Deoxymoron> Then go back and get 7 right?
[00:40:44] <Deoxymoron> Or vice versa?
[00:40:46] <askaninjask> yes
[00:40:53] <Deoxymoron> Shit
[00:40:56] <askaninjask> submitting answers to me is not final

Seems like reasonable information for everyone to have.

Last edited:

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
I did plan for the following: Say two users both score 10 out of 10 on the quiz, and nobody else does. Those users will both be out, as described in the rules for Challenge 1. Similarly if five users score, say 2 on the quiz, and nobody else scores 2 or lower, all five of those users will be out.

What I "did not plan for" was if everyone submitted the same number of correct answers, or some analogous situation. In that case, everyone will be out.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I would like to announce that I have answered 7 questions correct. If you want to win I suggest doing so as well and want to sit in a sweet spot should do likewise.

About signups: I saw the game and signed up without reading the posts of everyone who had already shown up. When I saw that RODAN had already signed up I considered editing my post, but instead I left it and prepared myself for a punishment lol. Probably would have been worse if I had edited or deleted.

Before I post my answers publicly, one question askaninjask; Am I permitted to change my answers, even though I am posting publicly in the thread? If I am permitted to edit my answers like everyone else, should I post a new response sheet or edit my old one?

Those bonus points could really hinder people rather than help. I would say that people may get 10 or 11 just from them... I think 9 will be the second-highest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)