Electivire

My hippowdon can buttfuck any version of electivire;Except maybe specs using ice beam on the switch.

Which never happens;ever.

If it has a balloon, i set up stockpiles and let damage from sandstorm rack up;phaze it at my leisure.
I remind you how life orb energy ball from alakzam wont 2HKO hippo with lefties
In fact

Modest Specs
55.2% - 65.2%

And almost o oen use specs modest mind you

Yeah you have other poke but theres something more superior than him eventualy since he also rely on electric switching which electric is not very common(only used by latis and Voltros by far)

I've used him as a lead, and he seems to be doing well.

Electivire@Choice Band/life orb/focus sash (Jolly/Naive)
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Wild Charge
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch/Flamethrower

Kills voltolos, dragonite , other good leads and anti-leads. I like using Flamethrower on him for the bastards with foretress and ferrothorn leads

Ive always used a Subpunch Evire set:

Electivire@Liechi Berry/Leftovers
Adamant(+Atk, -SpA)
36 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 220 Spe (40 Hp and 216 Spe if running Leftovers)
Motor Drive:
~Substitute
~Thunder Punch/Wild Charge
~Focus Punch
~Ice Punch

The point here is to switch into the predicted electric yada yada yada. The sub on the switch, then either use the unpredicted Focus Punch or sub down to Liechi to recieve a Attack boost. If leftovers are the preferred item then switch the evs to hit an extra substitue and put Wild Charge as your main Stab option.

Iron Fist wouldve been great for him :(

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Ive always used a Subpunch Evire set:

Electivire@Liechi Berry/Leftovers
Adamant(+Atk, -SpA)
36 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 220 Spe (40 Hp and 216 Spe if running Leftovers)
Motor Drive:
~Substitute
~Thunder Punch/Wild Charge
~Focus Punch
~Ice Punch

The point here is to switch into the predicted electric yada yada yada. The sub on the switch, then either use the unpredicted Focus Punch or sub down to Liechi to recieve a Attack boost. If leftovers are the preferred item then switch the evs to hit an extra substitue and put Wild Charge as your main Stab option.

Iron Fist wouldve been great for him :(
Why settle for just iron fist?? Sheer force would've been awesome...

Evire is just horribly walled by Ferrothorn who can easily take unboosted Cross Chops, get off a Leech Seed, use Protect, and switch to a ghost. Vire just doesn't pack the power to break through extremely powerful physical walls. That being said, I greatly appreciate the fact that he is not so horribly walled by Slowbro as are many other pokes in this meta. Wild Bolt (if that is still the name), despite the recoil, is a great asset for Evire, even though it makes it even more susceptible to being priority owned, especially when Ferrothorn can always switch in and add Iron Thorns recoil to the Wild Bolt (and possibly LO)recoil Evire is already receiving. That, combined with its mediocre defenses make Evire quite easy to pick off, especially in Sandstorm, which is VERY common this gen, even more so than last.

Electivire has no business running a purely physical set, it NEEDS to be running the mixed set with Cross Chop. It allows it to deal with Celebi, weakened Hippowdon, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, and much, much more. Cross Chop is for Blissey and Snorlax alone, who aren't all that common anyway, but it also helps against balloon Tran I guess.

if only evire had gotten no guard or sheer force as a dw ability. it would have been ubered then .
What do you get from no guard and what do you get from Sheer force dumbass

Dynamic punch is still weak. Sheer force make you have Wild charge without recoil and some weak moves getting power up which isnt to useful.

123 + dpuble LO isnt too much considering we have even more broken mon than e-vire with roughtly better offensive stats with better hard hitting move(AS STRONG AS KYOGRE) and same speed being considered rather mediocre right now

Sheer force make you have Wild charge without recoil and some weak moves getting power up which isnt to useful.
Uh.... wut?

1. Sheer Force doesn't affect Wild Charge
2. Sheer Force boosts Thunderbolt to 123BP, and ThunderPunch/IcePunch each go to 97BP, as well as Rock Slide if you want that, all of which are more powerful than his current strongest STABs and coverage on both sides.

Edit: V Below poster is a bot or w/e, so be aware of that.

Edit2: Nvm, not a bot, just w/e.

Uh.... wut?

1. Sheer Force doesn't affect Wild Charge
2. Sheer Force boosts Thunderbolt to 123BP, and ThunderPunch/IcePunch each go to 97BP, as well as Rock Slide if you want that, all of which are more powerful than his current strongest STABs and coverage on both sides.

Edit: V Below poster is a bot or w/e, so be aware of that.

Edit2: Nvm, not a bot, just w/e.

i mean T-punch become essentialy WC(toilet ?)

The e punch is great tho

I don't know why, but that Modest Specs Alaka calc seemed fishy to me...

252 Modest Specs Alakazam Energy Ball
vs. 252/252 Careful Hippowdon : 61.9% - 73.3%

It doesn't matter too much, since there's not a ton of Modest SpecsZams running around, but I just wanted to clarify the calculation.

this guy has been kicking ass on my rain team... even with battle preview with all the water types people cant resist using electric attacks and he is getting motordrive boosts often...

He can easily 2hko ferrothorn in the rain with flamethrower, and the best ferro can do back is powerwhip (which kinda hurts being that mine is a mild nature)... but he rarely gets that opportunity... people usually switch him in thinking i would go for the stab thunder, only to get a flamethrower or cross chop to the face.

not to mention he can switch on on ferro's thunderwave and get a boost... to be honest ferro isnt even a threat against my rain team, primarily because of this guy... and once he is gone all those stab rain boosted water attacks just hurt...

Oh yea... jellicent cant switch into him either... this guy is kind of a beast tbh

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Evire is just horribly walled by Ferrothorn who can easily take unboosted Cross Chops, get off a Leech Seed, use Protect, and switch to a ghost. Vire just doesn't pack the power to break through extremely powerful physical walls. That being said, I greatly appreciate the fact that he is not so horribly walled by Slowbro as are many other pokes in this meta. Wild Bolt (if that is still the name), despite the recoil, is a great asset for Evire, even though it makes it even more susceptible to being priority owned, especially when Ferrothorn can always switch in and add Iron Thorns recoil to the Wild Bolt (and possibly LO)recoil Evire is already receiving. That, combined with its mediocre defenses make Evire quite easy to pick off, especially in Sandstorm, which is VERY common this gen, even more so than last.
And then you suddenly remember that electivire has and almost always uses flamethrower which ohkoes ferrothorn...

Mixed? just run Fire Punch
fire punch is whack comparitively...

WHat are you trying to hit? most of the pokemon that you would even use a fire attack against take more damage from special than from physical attacks... not to mention its not affected by intimidate or abilities that activate upon contact..

obviously the guy's best stat is his attack but hes not a wall breaker... hes more of a clean up sweeper...

there are other pokes that do the mixed physical attacking thing better than evire...

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
fire punch is whack comparitively...

WHat are you trying to hit? most of the pokemon that you would even use a fire attack against take more damage from special than from physical attacks... not to mention its not affected by intimidate or abilities that activate upon contact..

obviously the guy's best stat is his attack but hes not a wall breaker... hes more of a clean up sweeper...

there are other pokes that do the mixed physical attacking thing better than evire...
In addition to this, the base attack of flamethrower is actually higher than fire punch. I really see no point in using fire punch at all. Anyone who tries to run a purely physical set with this pokemon is a FOOL. You WILL be walled.

lol you act like I wont have anything on my team to get rid of physical walls first. Evire is a cleaner
If you already got rid of the physical walls, why do you need Fire Punch... ?

Not to mention, cleaner or not, Flamethrower still does more damage...

Electivire is a shitty "cleaner" at that what with its base 95 speed and weak base power moves. I would much rather use Starmie or, if I'm looking for something physical to clean up, ScarfChomp/Landorus/etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)