DP Togekiss edit

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/togekiss

adding a scarf set, and revamping the counters section since the current one needs some work

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Air Slash
move 2: Aura Sphere
move 3: Flamethrower
move 4: Tri Attack / Hidden Power Ice
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Serene Grace
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Rounding out the selection of Choice items Togekiss can use is Choice Scarf. Togekiss is usually beaten by one of two methods - the opponent either switches in a Pokemon that doesn't mind taking attacks from Togekiss in the slightest to wear it down, or sends in something faster, either predicting and avoiding the paralysis or using something immune. This set is quite effective at dealing with the latter, as most of the speedy Pokemon opponents might send in (like Electivire, Jolteon, or Garchomp) will be worn down quickly by repeated attacks and certainly won't be expecting to be flinched.</p>

<p>Air Slash is an obvious move choice for its secondary effect of flinching. Aura Sphere provides excellent secondary coverage and hits super effectively against both Rock and Steel, while Flamethrower helps against many Steel-types that are neutral to Fighting. Tri Attack does the most damage to several Electric-types, 2HKOing Jolteon and Electivire if you're using a Modest nature with a small chance otherwise. It also benefits from Serene Grace, carrying a 40% chance of inflicting freeze, burn, or paralysis. On the other hand, Hidden Power Ice is your strongest option against both Zapdos (who is 2HKO'd with Stealth Rock up on the field) and the ever-common Dragons, some of whom you may be able to catch even after one Dragon Dance depending on their Speed investment.</p>

[EVs]

<p>Max Speed and Special Attack is generally the best option on the Scarf set. Modest nature nets you several 2HKOs that you wouldn't get otherwise, including Jolteon, Electivire, and Bronzong, while Timid ensures you outspeed +nature base 130 Pokemon like Aerodactyl and Jolteon in addition to Scarf Heracross.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Counter is always good for a surprise against physical attackers, especially since two of the types Togekiss is weak to (Ice and Electric) tend to lack high-power physical attacks; Weavile's Ice Punch will almost always fail to OHKO a 252 HP Togekiss if Weavile is without a Choice Band. Be wary of using Counter on a set that relies on paralysis, though, as an opponent failing to act at the wrong time could ruin the surprise.</p>

[Counters]

<p>Both Thunder Wave and Toxic mess up the standard flincher set badly. Blissey and Cresselia are two of the best choices for this job, as both of them take rather insignificant damage from Togekiss's attacks and can recover off damage with ease. Despite being an UU Pokemon, a specially defensive Lanturn makes a great choice thanks to it's Flying resistance and Volt Absorb.</p>

<p>Zapdos resists both of Togekiss's central attacks and can smack it around with STAB Electric attacks or just ruin it with Thunder Wave. A Rest-Talk Zapdos would be ideal for this job; Zapdos has a higher base Speed than Togekiss and variants that rely on flinching rarely invest in Speed thanks to the presence of Thunder Wave, so Zapdos will outspeed Togekiss while asleep and doesn't need to worry about being flinched or Togekiss Roosting before Zapdos can use Thunderbolt. Rotom is in the same boat as Zapdos resistance-wise, but the little ghost's lack of durability means it won't be able to switch in too many times, and it usually won't possess a way of recovering health either. Bronzong takes a pittance of damage from Air Slash and taking a Thunder Wave means that Gyro Ball's power will increase dramatically. Dragonite's Inner Focus ability prevents flinching and it can take several Air Slashes, but paralysis is crippling to Dragonite. One other method of countering Togekiss is switching in Pokemon that are faster than Togekiss and immune to Thunder Wave, such as Electivire, Jolteon, and Garchomp (or by using other fast Pokemon and simply predicting an attack other than Thunder Wave). This generally works well, though it's somewhat of a temporary solution as most of them can be worn down over time.</p>

<p>The Choice Specs and Scarf sets are countered in much the same way as the standard set - Pokemon with enough durability to laugh off Togekiss's offense work well, provided they aren't weak to any of Togekiss's attacks (Blissey is, of course, an exception to the rule as even a Specs Aura Sphere fails to 2HKO). Countering the Choice Band set is just a matter of finding a physically durable Pokemon that isn't weak to Flamethrower or Focus Punch, as compared to heavier physical attackers like Garchomp or Metagross, Togekiss is rather underpowered even with boosts from Hustle and Choice Band. Gliscor, Hippowdon, Cresselia, and Suicune are all good examples.</p>

I think you should mention Dragonite in the counters list. He takes about 40% from even a max Special Attack Togekiss using Air Slash, even with only 64 HP EVs, has Inner Focus and so cannot be flinched, and is usually faster and can OutRage/Draco Meteor for high damage on Togekiss. Lum Berry or Heal Bell variants of Dragonite decimate her.

I'll give it a mention, but I have trouble seeing Dragonite as a primary counter because it's basically always going to be crippled by Thunder Wave, the main (DD) set especially.

ffr: "super effective" is not capitalized, "it's secondary effect of flinching" should be "its secondary effect of flinching"

ffr: "super effective" is not capitalized, "it's secondary effect of flinching" should be "its secondary effect of flinching"
Ah, thanks. Wasn't sure on Super/super since it was capitalized in the sticky the one time it was mentioned, though the reason the sticky had it in there was two words instead of one.

I don't think Light Screen is really worth mentioning - Rest-talking and Thunder Wave are both far better methods of dealing with Togekiss available to Zapdos, and given that half the point of Flinchkiss is to stall it won't be as effective. It doesn't actually help you against being flinched, either.

IIRC, I made an edit some time ago. You may want to look over for suggestions.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/togekiss
Adding a Choice Scarf set, in response to the other thread. Essentially, I added and changed stuff to Slice's post.

[SET]
Set name: Choice Scarf
Move 1: Air Slash
Move 2: Aura Sphere
Move 3: Tri Attack/Grass Knot
Move 4: Hidden Power Ice/Fire Blast
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: 48HP/252SpA/210Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Seeing as how people see Togekiss, its Serene Grace Ability, and access to Air Slash and Thunder Wave, everyone goes for the ‘flinchhax’ set. This Choice Scarf set is a variation, adding some sweeping ability to the set. Almost everyone predicts a standard Thunder Wave / Air Slash / Recovery / Support move on a Togekiss and switch in a ground Pokemon or Blissey. The lack of Nasty Plot on this set doesn’t allow it to do as much to Blissey, so a counter to this should be packed. However, on most other cases it allows for a 60% flinch right off the bat, no setup required and no risk of Thunder Waving an Electivire (though Air Slash, being not very effective, admittedly doesn’t do too much). You will also outspeed most Pokemon, barring other Scarfers, Ninjask, and Electrode (and Deoxys-S, if it becomes OU), though with Togekiss’ good defenses and decent SpA it shouldn’t do too badly.
This Togekiss is a decent starter/midgame Pokemon, as Stealth Rock messes with its durability, having no healing move. Late-game sweeping is only to be attempted if you’re sure that the opponent doesn’t have Pokemon like Blissey or those that resists the attack you’re about to set off, because Togekiss’ moves don’t have very high base power and its SpA is less than dedicated special sweepers like Porygon-Z.
The Timid Nature and EVs allow it to outspeed 403 speed CS Heracross and land a quick OHKO with Air Slash, and Breloom is similarly killed. Aura Sphere and Air Slash provides decent coverage, with only Zapdos and Rotom resisting it, though Aura Sphere still does paltry (<50%) on Blissey with these EV’s. Feel free to go 214Spe>210 etc. Also, 236 Spe EVs is an option, beating out +1 neutral base 90-speeders such as Lucario after a SubSalac boost and Scarf’d Porygon Z.
Grass Knot is useful on Togekiss, allowing it to do well against common ground switch-ins like Swampert or Hippowdon, or these as starters, as they usually SR immediately, letting them be easily 2HKOd or OHKOd, unless they switch. However, it does allow for easy Azelf and similar switch-ins, taking a paltry 20 base power.
Tri Attack and Hidden Power Ice are more debatable. Tri Attack hits with an immense 40% status rate, and is available as Nasty Plot isn’t being used, while Hidden Power Ice hammers Garchomp switch-ins, as well as surprising Zapdos and Salamence, though Zapdos isn’t as hurt as we’d like it to be. If Togekiss is a starter, Gliscor is hurt if it switches in, expecting Thunder Wave. Tri Attack hits most Electric types harder than anything else on the set and has a 40% chance of burning, freezing or paralyzing your opponent.
Fire Blast is useful for an OHKO on Metagross with one layer of Spikes in play, as well as a guaranteed OHKO on Skarmory, at the cost of an acceptable 85% hit rate. Flamethrower will 2HKO Metagross, and unfortunately will only 2HKO Skarmory.
Baton Pass is a novel option if you wish to counter the counter that your opponent switches into your starter – such as a Dugtrio coming in on Electivire or Blissey. Essentially, it’s a slightly worse U-turn.
You must ensure that this Togekiss never gets paralysed or toxic’d, as that seriously hurts its midgame potential. This is meant to soften up, via flinching or landing SE hits, for lategame sweepers.

I haven’t done calculations on this yet; I’ve played with it immensely though. Thus, I’d like a consensus to what moves should be placed in the last two slots - /itis is obviously bad. Sorry if I've done anything wrong.

Looks good to me, but you might want to either make Tri Attack an option over Flamethrower. The extra power compared to Air Slash (which isn't all that much, but the chance of inflicting some kind of status seems too good to pass up.

With the lack of Flamethrower to hit the Steels (Skarmory, Jirachi and Metagross were the ones I tested), you lack some power over them. I apologize if you've already run these, but here are the calculations I ran:

Skarmory:

With a Timid nature against the standard (252 HP/0SDef) Skarmory, Aura Sphere fails to get the 3HKO (assuming Leftovers. I'm not sure of the statistics, but Shed Shell seems to be by far the more common choice. Without Leftovers, it is a guaranteed 3HKO). Modest ensures the 3HKO, with or without Leftovers recovery.

With Flamethrower, however, it's different. Timid nature allows for only a 2HKO, but with Modest there is a small chance of the OHKO.

Metagross:

Here, Aura Sphere fares about the same, only offering a 4HKO with Timid and Modest. Flamethrower does better, ensuring a 2HKO with either nature.

Jirachi:

The main reason to use Flamethrower over Aura Sphere, IMO. With Timid or Modest, Aura Sphere is a 4-5HKO on the little pixie, depending on EVs. This is for the standard variety (252HP/0SDef). With Flamethrower, it is an almost certain 2HKO with Timid (still a slight chance with Leftovers factored in). The 2HKO is guaranteed with Modest.

I didn't run the calculations for Bronzong, but I think you get the gist of it.

Despite this, I still think that Tri Attack could be an option over Flamethrower, because it's going to be too hard to pass up HP Ice, I would say.

However, if someone didn't want HP Ice, Grass Knot (as suggested by Opterown) could work pretty well. It would hit the heavy Ground types harder, and anhilate Swampert, who are all too-common switch-ins to Togekiss.

Hopefully this helps. Besides that, everything looks fine to me. Good job, here.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Despite being an UU Pokemon, a specially defensive Lanturn makes a great choice thanks to it's Flying resistance and Volt Absorb.</p>
Should be "a UU Pokemon".

My only real question is, instead of making an entire new set, can't we just add a Choice Scarf option to the specs set that's already in the analysis? The moveset is exactly the same, although I wasn't sure if a slight change in EV spread warranted a new set or not.

Blissey probably deserves more than just a slight reference in the counters section. It does just as good a job beating it as Zapdos does, except Blissey is used much more often (and Togekiss has to get MUCH more lucky to beat Blissey than Zapdos).

Other than that, it looks really good. It's very easy to read, and puts a lot of information out there without seeming too condescending. Nice work.

Thanks, I'll fix that.
edit: or not? Dunno, but from an objective standpoint an would make more sense, given that both interpretations of the word (Underused and UU) start with a vowel.
My only real question is, instead of making an entire new set, can't we just add a Choice Scarf option to the specs set that's already in the analysis? The moveset is exactly the same, although I wasn't sure if a slight change in EV spread warranted a new set or not.
Well...different EV spread, different viable natures, and slightly different moveset (HP Ice is far more useful on the Scarf set since you can hit Chomp and potentially the other dragons, and Shadow Ball is less viable since you don't have the force to really hurt Cress), so I'm pretty sure they're different enough.

Blissey probably deserves more than just a slight reference in the counters section. It does just as good a job beating it as Zapdos does, except Blissey is used much more often (and Togekiss has to get MUCH more lucky to beat Blissey than Zapdos).
I agree that Blissey is a far better counter than Zapdos (which is why I have it in the first paragraph), but it doesn't require as much explanation. I can't really think of a better way than artifically lengthening Blissey's explanation or just stating that Bliss is one of the best counters. Without Calm Mind or a status move, though, Blissey does actually lose to any set with Nasty Plot and Roost.

Other than that, it looks really good. It's very easy to read, and puts a lot of information out there without seeming too condescending. Nice work.
Thanks.

Regarding the other move options...as for Grass Knot, the main pokemon it's useful against (Hippowdon, Suicune, Donphan, Swampert) aren't specially defensive in the first place, nor are they going to be avoiding flinch. Swampert is probably the biggest reason to consider using it (can still take some Air Slashes and Ice Beam/Avalanche will put a decent sized dent in Togekiss if he does get a turn in). It's got some use, definitely, but Other Options is probably the best place for it.

For Air Slash vs Flamethrower, I really feel that Tri Attack isn't worth sacrificing for Flamethrower, as you're only hitting a few pokemon neutral with it that you wouldn't with Air Slash (one of which is being hit SE with HP Ice anyways). Generally, we're trying to keep /itis down as much as possible, so...I don't know, it just doesn't seem like a good enough option to put in.

original analysis said:
Giving Pokémon such as Electivire a Speed boost is definitely not a good idea, so Body Slam with its 60% paralysis is an acceptable replacement.
Does anyone else agree that
- since Electivire is the only Pokemon that gets a Speed boost from Motor Drive, this sentence would need to be reworded and
- Electivire is pretty much not considered a threat anymore, so perhaps his example is out of place to begin with

I think something like "giving Garchomp a free switch-in cannot be a good idea" would be better.

Unless rules are different regarding abbreviations, which would not make much sense but whatever, then it should still be an UU pokemon %____%

I absolutely agree with you Mekkah that Garchomp is a better example, as a top five in usage, rather than Electivire, which is a top 30 but does not really have much sweeping potential (or both could still be mentioned!)

speedy Pokemon opponents might send in (things like Electivire, Jolteon, or Garchomp)
Should be (such as Electivire, Jolteon, or Garchomp); since you already referred to them as Pokemon, they are not things, but rather speedy Pokemon!

and hits super effective against both Rock and Steel
I am not sure if I am wrong, but I think it is 'hits super effectively'

Most of my other things I noticed in my quick skim of this were just nitpicky things, such as 'omnipresent' over ever-common and endeavor over job (I mean...it is not as if the pokemon are actually doing a job since this is not real life %___%), so those are not very important.

"Both Thunder Wave and Toxic mess up the standard flincher set badly."
I think here that you should rather say 'counter the standard flincher set well', and maybe even 'counter Togekiss' standard flinching set', just for clarification that it is Togekiss's set, because on the first read of that sentence it was not clear to me!

"A Rest-Talk Zapdos would be ideal for this job, since because Zapdos has a higher base Speed than Togekiss and variants that rely on flinching rarely invest in Speed thanks to the presence of Thunder Wave, Zapdos will outspeed Togekiss while asleep and doesn't need to worry about being flinched or Togekiss Roosting before Zapdos can use Thunderbolt."
ought to be
"A Rest-Talk Zapdos would be ideal for this job because (since or because needs to go, since seemed more logical) Zapdos has a higher base Speed than Togekiss, (without this comma it is a fragment, I am fairly certain) and variants that rely on flinching rarely invest in Speed thanks to the presence of Thunder Wave, so (needs a conjunction!) Zapdos will outspeed Togekiss while asleep and doesn't need to worry about being flinched or Togekiss Roosting before Zapdos can use Thunderbolt."

"Rotom is in the same boat as Zapdos resistance-wise"
could be changed to
"Rotom resists Togekiss in the same manner" (sorry I hate idioms/metaphors that provide no actual imagery)

"Bronzong takes a pittance of damage from Air Slash, and taking a Thunder Wave means that Gyro Ball's power will increase dramatically."

Dragonite's Inner Focus ability prevents flinching and it can take several Air Slashes, but Thunder Wave is crippling to Dragonite. One other method of countering Togekiss is switching in Pokemon that are faster than Togekiss and immune to Thunder Wave

"such as Electivire, Jolteon, and Garchomp (or by using other fast Pokemon and simply predicting an attack other than Thunder Wave)."
This was already mentioned once...should it be mentioned a second time? Should it just be mentioned in Counters if so?

The sentence regarding vire should probably be changed, maybe to:

"giving a free switch-in to Garchomp or even a boost to Pokemon such as Jolteon or Electivire cannot be a good idea, and many of the aforementioned Pokemon that would benefit from Thunder Wave won't enjoy paralysis at all, so"

?

Should be (such as Electivire, Jolteon, or Garchomp); since you already referred to them as Pokemon, they are not things, but rather speedy Pokemon!
alright, but I already used the "such as Vire, Jolt, and Chomp" line in counters, so I'll just remove "things".

I am not sure if I am wrong, but I think it is 'hits super effectively'
Probably right, I'll change it.

"Both Thunder Wave and Toxic mess up the standard flincher set badly."
I think here that you should rather say 'counter the standard flincher set well', and maybe even 'counter Togekiss' standard flinching set', just for clarification that it is Togekiss's set, because on the first read of that sentence it was not clear to me!
Well...moves alone don't counter Pokemon, Pokemon with moves counter Pokemon. So I'm averse to saying "Thunder Wave counters Flincher Togekiss". As for the fact that it's not clearly referring to Togekiss...I'm not really sure if that needs fixing, seeing as this is Togekiss's counter section. If you're simply dissatisfied with the way that "mess up" sounds in a pokemon analysis, though, I can fix that.

"A Rest-Talk Zapdos would be ideal for this job, since because Zapdos has a higher base Speed than Togekiss and variants that rely on flinching rarely invest in Speed thanks to the presence of Thunder Wave, Zapdos will outspeed Togekiss while asleep and doesn't need to worry about being flinched or Togekiss Roosting before Zapdos can use Thunderbolt."
ought to be
"A Rest-Talk Zapdos would be ideal for this job because (since or because needs to go, since seemed more logical) Zapdos has a higher base Speed than Togekiss, (without this comma it is a fragment, I am fairly certain) and variants that rely on flinching rarely invest in Speed thanks to the presence of Thunder Wave, so (needs a conjunction!) Zapdos will outspeed Togekiss while asleep and doesn't need to worry about being flinched or Togekiss Roosting before Zapdos can use Thunderbolt."
I'll change that sentence, I inserted a semicolon though since I felt there were too many commas.

"Rotom is in the same boat as Zapdos resistance-wise"
could be changed to
"Rotom resists Togekiss in the same manner" (sorry I hate idioms/metaphors that provide no actual imagery)
I...dunno, I don't see enough of a need to change it :/

"such as Electivire, Jolteon, and Garchomp (or by using other fast Pokemon and simply predicting an attack other than Thunder Wave)."
This was already mentioned once...should it be mentioned a second time? Should it just be mentioned in Counters if so?
Well, it was mentioned once that the mention in that sentence can be used already, but that was in a set description, not in counters.

"Bronzong takes a pittance of damage from Air Slash, and taking a Thunder Wave means that Gyro Ball's power will increase dramatically."
k

Also, I just realized Counter wasn't in Other Options, so I added it with a sentence or two of explanation.

I've faced a scarfed Togekiss before and it carried Baton Pass, which actually seemed to work very well with the set. I believe the Lexx ran a similar set a while back, so he could attest to the usefulness of scouting with it. Besides providing insight into your opponent's team, whoever you're fighting will often assume that you're running the different NP-passing set, which allows you to get surprise kills later in the game.

You would lose coverage (most notably against Skarm and Bronzong if you replace Flamethrower with Baton Pass), but you still hit everything in game neutrally with Ice/Fighting/Flying.

Good point. IMO it's best suited for other options but it definitely deserves a mention there.

Anyways, I'll go ahead and submit to the scms since this has been up for awhile.

Oh I was just going to say that 'hits both Rock and Steel types super effectively' was actually the best arrangement, but I did not realize that this was the reason that sentence bothered me until now. It needs to say either types or type pokemon, I am not sure which of those is more correct.

Anyway, I edited that one line in the SCMS and nothing more.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay I really think this set deserves attention! I've been using it forever,and considering how many things you can set up in it's worth listing in the analysis IMO.

[SET]
name: Nasty Plot Sweeper
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Roost
move 3: Air Slash
move 4: Aura Sphere
item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 152 SpA / 104 Spe

[Set Comments]
<p> With its ability to switch into many walls and tanks, especially Grass types, and its general bulkiness on the special side, this Togekiss can become an immediate threat to any team without Zapdos.</b>

<p>The EVs given provide you with enough speed to outrun Adamant Tyranitar so that it does not spoil your fun. Blissey or Snorlax won't be stopping you either, since after two Nasty Plots Togekiss can 2HKO Blissey with ease by using Air Slash, hopefully flinching, and then finishing it off with an Aura Sphere.</p>

<p> Togekiss' ability to take hits is what makes this set useful; it takes a powerful, STABed super effective attack to shoot down this paper plane. It can survive a Choice Banded Ice Shard from a max Attack Mamoswine and Thunderbolt from Modest Choice Specs Gengar and can OHKO back with a Nasty Plotted Aura Sphere and Air Slash respectively. Furthermore, every Pokemon that runs 266 Special Attack to counterl Garchomp only manages to 3HKO Togekiss with Ice Beam or Thunderbolt which provides Togekiss the opportunity to set up and sweep. </p>

<p> Leftovers keeps Togekiss healthier in the long run, but Lum Berry can stop the Paralysis or Toxic that could end your sweep. </p>

----

I fail at writing these. Can anyone help word this better?

Unless your opponent has already activated sleep clause, and even if he has, it may still not be a good idea to switch in - most grass types carry a status move, be it Sleep Powder, Stun Spore (or T-wave for Celebi), or Toxic. Many Grass types also carry HP Ice (not that it will do much, but w/e).

[SET]
name: Bulky Nasty Plot Sweeper
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Roost
move 3: Air Slash
move 4: Aura Sphere
item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 152 SpA / 104 Spe

[Set Comments]
<p> With it's ability to switch into many walls and tanks, especially Grass types, and its general bulkiness on the special side, this Pokemon can become an immediate threat to any team.</b>

<p>The EVs given provide you with enough speed to outrun Adamant Tyrannitar so that it does not spoil your fun. After two Nasty Plots Togekiss can 2HKO Blissey with ease using Air Slash, hopefully flinching, and then finishing it off with an Aura Sphere.</p>

<p> Togekiss' ability to take hits is what makes this set useful; it takes a powerful, STABed super-effective attack to bring down this plane. It can survive a Choice Banded Ice Shard from a max Attack Mamoswine and can then OHKO back with a Nasty Plot'd Aura Sphere. Non Life Orb Starmie 3HKOs Togekiss which gives Togekiss the opportunity to set up and then OHKO it. Togekiss also survives a Thunderbolt from Specs Gengar and OHKO back with a Nasty Plotted Air Slash.</p>

<p> Togekiss' ability to take hits is what makes this set useful; it takes a powerful, STABed super-effective attack to bring down this plane. It can survive a Choice Banded Ice Shard from a max Attack Mamoswine and can then OHKO back with a Nasty Plot'd Aura Sphere. Non Life Orb Starmie 3HKOs Togekiss which gives Togekiss the opportunity to set up and then OHKO it. Togekiss also survives a Thunderbolt from Specs Gengar and OHKO back with a Nasty Plotted Air Slash.</p>

<p> Leftovers keeps Togekiss healthier in the long run, but Lum Berry can stop the Paralysis or Toxic that might end your sweep. </p>

I fixed quite a bit up, although because I'm not aware of the intricacies of this (like what needs to be capitalized and such), there may be some errors.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The idea against Blissey is to Air Slash once and Aura Sphere for the KO.

Of course you won't be switching Togekiss on Status which is one of the things that messes it up, so I guess it can come in on predicted grass attacks.

nice one. it's about time scarfkiss gets some love on the analysis. togekiss does learn fire blast, does that OHKO metagross?

.. Thunderbolt from Choice Specs Gengar even after Stealth Rock is down and can OHKO back with a Nasty Plotted Aura Sphere and Air Slash.
Fighting on Ghost type much? You might wanna take out that otherwise you might look a bit stupid. Also possibly tri attack in an other options section for some added hax abusing.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
Tri Attack and Nasty Plot together is illegal.

I'll just add "respectively" in the end. I sort of figured people would use common sense.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
As it isn't a minor edit, and we already have a edit page for Togekiss, I want to comment about something on the Flinch set:

Note that it's impossible for Body Slam and Nasty Plot cannot be used on the same set, as Body Slam must be obtained from a third generation move tutor, while Nasty Plot is a fourth generation egg move.
If Body Slam is just there to paralyze Ground-types, Electivire and Jolteon, why not use Secret Power instead? Same flinch rate, same type and only a bit weak, but Togekiss wasn't using Body Slam for kill things, to begin with.

And "it's impossible for" shouldn't really be there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)