Not open for further replies.

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
DaAwesomeDude1
Speed, North Carolina | (999) 999-9999
bigdaddy1@msn.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Objective
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Washed up doubles player with a good sense of humor and excellent taste in anime girls and manga, seeking a Doubles Premier League roster spot and professional development opportunities.

Education
Croven's School of Tinder Pickup Lines

• 3.74 GPA​
  • National Merit Scholar​
  • Honor Roll, Fall 2015 - Spring 2017​
  • Thousands of Matches​
University of Smogon at Urbana-Champaign
  • 3.62 GPA
  • Bachelor's Degree in Random Battles
  • Dean's Honor Roll, Fall 2017 - Fall 2018
Experience

• Topped Doubles Underused, ORAS Doubles Overused, SM Doubles Overused, Random Doubles Battles ladder multiple times
  • 3-3 record in SPL VIII
  • Career 4-11 record in Doubles Premier League
  • Member of the Doubles Premier League-winning Hungry Hungry Hippowdons
  • Top 4 University Smash Tournament
Activities

• Active member in Tohjo Falls
  • Voice in Doubles Pokemon Showdown room
  • Former Quality Control member
  • President of the Russell Westbrook Fanclub
  • Rigged multiple tournaments as host
Skills

• Reads manga at an above average pace
  • Microsoft Word
  • Editing pictures in Microsoft Word
  • CPR certified
  • Stock market extraordinaire
  • 140 WPM
  • Knowledgeable in Quantum Physics

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Howdy friends, I'm not planning on holding tryouts for the Oreburgh Ancients but please feel free to message me on Discord if you want to join our prehistoric gang!
Nah, I'm not messaging you or your tennis guy. Not after I spent hours building you custom teams last year in hopes you would draft me.
I took this initiative to show you I wanted to be on your team; and what did I receive in return? Not a bid past my 3k price and not even a response!
I can't wait to fucking smash your bum ass team this year.

1585358309219.png

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Starters / Support

SS: EternalSnowman / JRL 023
SS: Z Strats / Yuichi
SS: Lightscreener / Yellow Paint
SM: Umbreon
XY: Mishimono / Memoric
BW: Checkmater / Watchog

Memoric14500
umbreon09814500
Mishimono10500
Z Strats9500
Yellow Paint7000
LightScreener6000
Checkmater4500
EternalSnowman4000
Yuichi3500
Watchog3000
JRL 0233000

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Presenting your Rustboro Baptist Church:

SS: Paraplegic
SS: GenOne
SS: miltankmilk
SM: emforbes
XY: tennisace
BW: Biosci

Bench: Finchinator, Amaranth
Mascot: Miinh

Since apparently restraining orders can be given on DPL teams in mock drafts, I wasn't allowed to take over the Oreburgh Ancients. Instead I was given the Rustboro Baptist Church, which while the name is quite humorous is somewhat offensive to members of that esteemed house of prayer and their army of Great White Lawyer/Sharks.

I started off the draft strong, drafting the best doubles player with a name starting with em available, emforbes for a solid 25k. This cornered the market on EM DOU and set an impossible bar for other users to draft to, as there were no other users with a name starting with "em" in the draft! A coup, to be sure. I followed this up by buying Biosci, holder of the coveted orange trophy. I only recently found out that he didn't win the Orange Bowl as a member of the 2000 Oklahoma Sooners Football Team to get it, but instead won a now defunct VGC tournament on Smogon. However, I figure that both are comparably rare and I'm confident he will be able to throw 3 touchdowns and use a Politoed.

My SS core is comprised of the triple-headed threat of Paraplegic, GenOne, and miltankmilk. I was disappointed to learn that these three are unable to literally be combined into a three-headed DOU player not because of scientific limitations but because of "ethics" and "the Geneva Convention" and "you can't buy $300k worth of surgical equipment in the middle of a global pandemic, even if you reassure the warehouse you only want to borrow it and will wash it quite thoroughly with soap and water after you're done". I know for a fact that Paraplegic is crazy enough to not only play SS but actually enjoy it, so I had to purchase him as he is probably nearly as insane as I am. I wasn't trying to get miltankmilk but I was getting kind of thirsty as the draft dragged on so hopefully his name is more literal than not as a cool glass of milk would be quite refreshing at the end of a long post. GenOne was added as a value buy, since Generation 1 contains quite a few excellent Pokemon in DOU such as Charizard, Venusaur, Mew, as well as some not so excellent ones such as Butterfree. Cornering the market allows my team to have exclusive access to those Pokemon, which means we can be as sun weak as we want!

Of course, I had to purchase myself. The joke is that I purchased myself. However the actual joke is that somehow I managed to forget XY was a tier, and I couldn't in good conscious subject anyone else to CHALK dust and the various forms of asbestos present in that generation, so I will bite the bullet and get slapped around by a mother kangaroo, which is basically just a slow Thursday in the Sydney dungeons.

For my subs, I decided to grab an up-and-coming user in Finchinator. This guy had a perfect record last DPL, and is flying under the radar. A couple more years and I think he'll turn out to reach his full potential as a solid, washed up, jaded senior staff member who sticks around a decade after their expiration date. In addition, after buying GenOne, I realized I needed a player who could actually play Gen One. Since resident Fire Blast Tauros tamer Nails was long off the board, the only option was Amaranth. He needs a new home as I assume RBY is going to go the way of the dodo and free handjobs, and DOU is a great place for a Bull enthusiast.

Finally, my last buy was the most important. Miinh has so far been the only person who has sent me an actual resume for DPL with their accomplishments, and I thoroughly appreciate the effort put in. I'm not really sure what sort of company sells a giant Nosepass costume with a Bishop's cross but I've ordered weirder things off Etsy for my live action roleplay of a Thomas the Tank Engine x 50 Shades of Grey fanfic so I assume this is right in their wheelhouse.

Of course this is only a mock draft, but I feel this team is quite competitive. I would encourage kaori to reach out to me in order to discuss draft planning, as MajorBowman has me blocked on Smogon, Discord, Text message, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, Slack, Zoom, Google Buzz, Google Wave, IRC, AIM, kik, Telegram (the app), Telegram (the transmission), interpretive dance, and smoke signals so I am unable to share my insights in drafting strategy with him, along with any and all of my other insights I may have.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Important announcement from the DOU Council:

mask_koffing.png

DPL is Canceled!!!

Due to the increasing number of cases worldwide of COVID-19, the DOU Council has decided to take a number of precautions to protect our playerbase, and it is my duty to announce with great sadness that this includes canceling DPL. n1n1 may have named the thread after this happening as a joke, but this is 2798% the truth. Normal programming may resume later this year, but due to the current situation, DPL 6 absolutely cannot go ahead as planned, and will instead take place during the 2021 DOU Circuit. Managers will keep their slots, and player signups will be taken again closer to the time. On the bright side, this does mean we can safely focus on fixing the metagame. Many people have reported feeling unwell after playing the current SS meta and it is the Council's top priority to stop this. Pokemon thought to have COVID-19 (Charizard, Melmetal, Gothitelle) will be suspect tested to ensure a healthy metagame. I'm sure some people wish we could just return to the pre-staying-at-home meta but that is simply not possible now. What can and will be done, though, is putting international travel restrictions on any Pokemon coming into the Galar region, putting the meta on lockdown and meaning there will be no further DLC drops. With these measures the DOU Council hopes we can flatten the curve, that curve being the high number of player signups for SM but low numbers for SS, and beat COVID-19.

Other anti-Coronavirus restrictions now in place:
  • Mandatory limit of 5 ladder games per day, to allow some exercise for your brain.
  • Invite Only must be turned on in all games, with only the two players in the room, for social distancing reasons.
  • Since people with COVID-19 have pre-occupied immune systems, Poison-type Pokemon and moves are now banned.
  • Having room tours is still allowed, but there is now a maximum limit of 8 people per tour.
  • Every contact move is banned, to reduce risk of contagion.
  • Due to being a high-risk group, old gens players are to suspend all games effective immediately.
Stay home and stay safe, everyone!

Last edited:
https://www.change.org/p/doubles-ov...m_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition
It's time.
Gen 8 dou is the worst dou we have ever had. ask anyone in the dou community, and the chances are you will hear the same thing. Some may say that pre-home was fun, but it was inevitable that it would eventually devolve into something similar to what we have today.

There is no salvaging gen 8 DOU. There is no amount of bans or changes that will make gen 8 as fun as past generations, or even fun at all. for all the problems it has, with certain elements ruining gameplay, it is also missing those elements that made past generations fun.

That is why I am starting this petition to delete gen 8 dou. This is not an April fools joke. This metagame is a disease, and the only cure is extinction. Once it is deleted, we can go back to the dou's that we liked best, and pretend that none of this ever happened. Together, we can build a happier future, but as it currently stands, gen 8 dou stands in the way of that future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)