Disconnecting in Global Link matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've DC'd before. But thats because the game was talking shit. I didn't get one attack for 14 turns, because of either being infatuated or paralysed. I hated pokemon for exactly 10 seconds. It didn't take ten seconds to run away from my router.

But on a srs note, i only ever play free mode, and i have met and abundance of DC's. I don't even care anymore. I half expect it now. I guess on rating, you would care cause your trying to climb a ladder.
You ran an out-of-range distance away from your router..?

You should've just turned off your DS (If you really had to D/C, like if you had to leave to go somewhere or something), like all the other D/C'ers do lol

But on a srs note, i only ever play free mode, and i have met and abundance of DC's. I don't even care anymore. I half expect it now. I guess on rating, you would care cause your trying to climb a ladder.
DCing in rating mode just keeps your rating from dropping, but as you climb, it gets harder and harder to win (since the ladder tries to match you to a 50/50 win/loss ratio) so it takes longer and longer to find a match as more try to dc and game the system due to rating distortion.

Luck matters more than skill if ratings never drop, since one lucky win can make your rating slowly climb up, even if you lose most of the time.

I was looking forward to ladder and playing against people my own skill, but... that's kinda thrown out the window now. The quality in teams I see is completely random, regardless of rating.

I've DC'd before. But thats because the game was talking shit. I didn't get one attack for 14 turns, because of either being infatuated or paralysed. I hated pokemon for exactly 10 seconds. It didn't take ten seconds to run away from my router.

same experience, crits and hax are the dcs best friend. i didn't seem to care at all now, and rating shouldn't be like this.

I've run into a funny disconnector. He/she was a Japanese player who had a phrase that was something like this (not exactly): "You'll use CRITICAL HIT as I use EASY WIN, won't you?" Sure enough, I actually get a critical hit on one of his Pokemon, and the opponent promptly disconnected.
I fought a japanese player who had 1700 wins in free mode and his said something like: "SURRENDER is POWERFUL, isn't it?". He beat the shit out of me with a Breloom.

His team was Breloom, Volcarona, Garchomp, Jellificent, Klingklang, and something else.

I can't believe this! I'm not included in the leaderboard even if my ranking would lead me to 1st place in the italian single battles ladder!
Thank you d/cers for wasting my time, i won't play ranked anymore.

I'm asking why i got this game while its features are badly implemented!

I can't believe this! I'm not included in the leaderboard even if my ranking would lead me to 1st place in the italian single battles ladder!
Thank you d/cers for wasting my time, i won't play ranked anymore.

I'm asking why i got this game while its features are badly implemented!
Wait... What? Are you disqualified or something?

Wait... What? Are you disqualified or something?
Looks like so. Searching for an opponent takes ages (but i can still play) and i find ONLY the same dcers everytime. Re-entering on wifi does not fix the issue unless i use a new wfc id (aka reset my score). I never dced and i reached about 1600 points until my opponents started to mass disconnect, so that i could only lose... so after getting pissed off i started dcing too (but even then my win/loss ratio would have been 7:1).
I could retry with a new id, but why bother?

Looks like so. Searching for an opponent takes ages (but i can still play) and i find ONLY the same dcers everytime. Re-entering on wifi does not fix the issue unless i use a new wfc id (aka reset my score). I never dced and i reached about 1600 points until my opponents started to mass disconnect, so that i could only lose... so after getting pissed off i started dcing too (but even then my win/loss ratio would have been 7:1).
I could retry with a new id, but why bother?
Ah... That sucks. Free mode is better anyways.

Are you sure you have been disqualified. Because you do not get a rank until you have done at least 10 battles on rating mode?

I always have to face a japanese guy who seems to have all of the EEVEE evolutions and just switches them around and around and around until he has bored me into submission because i simply CBA to go any longer.

I did beat him the first couple of times with a Toxic Porygon2 lead however, he didnt see that coming! But then whenever i get close to beating someone now they always DC, soemtimes they wait until their third poke is properly dead and then DC just before i get the win:(

it took me ages to get to 50 unranked wins.

This isn't the solution that everyone is looking for but I've found that if you use "out of the box" teams, something beyond a typical rain, or sand, or some team you see everyday people don't rage-quit the losses. I've swept twice with a Guts Raticate today and the opponents took it in stride. Or maybe I just had a lucky day of no D/Cs. Well there was one, but I think he got pissed because Pory2 took a Garchomp outrage and lived with 3HP.

This isn't the solution that everyone is looking for but I've found that if you use "out of the box" teams, something beyond a typical rain, or sand, or some team you see everyday people don't rage-quit the losses. I've swept twice with a Guts Raticate today and the opponents took it in stride. Or maybe I just had a lucky day of no D/Cs. Well there was one, but I think he got pissed because Pory2 took a Garchomp outrage and lived with 3HP.
Exactly. I never get D/C's while using Bidoof, or other cool Pokes (Guts Luxray, Thick Fat Walrein, etc.), and I know how they think about cool Pokes, because I appreciate seeing someone other than me using a team that has things like Simisear, Vespiquen, and other such Pokemon.

I myself have MUCH more respect for those who use originality. I need to start being as original as I was last gen... I have no idea why it faded away...

Hey guys... I am sorry to say if I stereo typed Americans, but all the Americans I fought in rated battles thus far all ragequited when I foiled their combo plans in triples.

Because of the rules, I started to feel this for rated battles: Those who have high ratings, 50% because they are skillful, and 50% because their opponent respect their Pokémon and battle/forfeit to the end....

I wish to send a petition to Pokémon Organized Play to change any ragequiters will get an autoloss and penalty in ratings.

If they cannot afford to lose ratings, there is ALWAYS free mode.

Exactly. I never get D/C's while using Bidoof, or other cool Pokes (Guts Luxray, Thick Fat Walrein, etc.), and I know how they think about cool Pokes, because I appreciate seeing someone other than me using a team that has things like Simisear, Vespiquen, and other such Pokemon.
But the downside to this is by using inferior pokemon, however rarely seen and appreciated they might be, you aren't gonna be on top of any leaderboards. I was doing much better with a Sand team than with my gimmicky Kanto team but ratings didn't show it from all the D/Cs.

Hey guys... I am sorry to say if I stereo typed Americans, but all the Americans I fought in rated battles thus far all ragequited when I foiled their combo plans in triples.

Because of the rules, I started to feel this for rated battles: Those who have high ratings, 50% because they are skillful, and 50% because their opponent respect their Pokémon and battle/forfeit to the end....

I wish to send a petition to Pokémon Organized Play to change any ragequiters will get an autoloss and penalty in ratings.

If they cannot afford to lose ratings, there is ALWAYS free mode.
I have to agree with you on all of this. However, I must say that it is not just Americans though. I have fought players from all different countries in triple battles and about 88% of them rage quit (This includes Americans).

It is hard to accurately judge the high ranked people. This is due to the sheer volume of rage quitters, which causes the ratings to be inaccurate.

Game Freak or whoever is in charged of the pokemon GBU system needs to make some serious changes because this is a horrible set up they have. I would be more than happy to sign that petition.

I have to agree with you on all of this. However, I must say that it is not just Americans though. I have fought players from all different countries in triple battles and about 88% of them rage quit (This includes Americans).

It is hard to accurately judge the high ranked people. This is due to the sheer volume of rage quitters, which causes the ratings to be inaccurate.

Game Freak or whoever is in charged of the pokemon GBU system needs to make some serious changes because this is a horrible set up they have. I would be more than happy to sign that petition.
HEY I fought you before in launcher battles! XD
As you can recall, my ratings for launcher isn't good at least as you gave me my first non-ragequit win. Thus I am irritated by this!

Sorry for stereotyping again, cos today's match, I had 5 ragequits in a today from americans (guess it is night time over at ur side), not mentioning 4 ragequits last night I had.

Thus my ratings was unchanged today and negative yesterday. If this is not improving, I don't see the reason why I shoudn't join the ragequit group.

You guys are pissed off? Feel sorry for me and my moody Bibarel. Yesterday I played 5 matches. I had 0 losses, 1 win and 4 opponent dc's. Even worse, some of these dc's are after about 15-20 mins of playing (and moodying up)

You guys are pissed off? Feel sorry for me and my moody Bibarel. Yesterday I played 5 matches. I had 0 losses, 1 win and 4 opponent dc's. Even worse, some of these dc's are after about 15-20 mins of playing (and moodying up)
Like I said, sooner or later you will join the ragequit group if all of your wins are ragequiters.

Like I said, sooner or later you will join the ragequit group if all of your wins are ragequiters.
Are there any details on what it takes to be bumped into that group?

I never dc, but bump into quite a few people who do, so much so I've totally given up on rated mode.

I have 3 losses, and around 70 dcs, and I just gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)