Deoxys-Speed @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid / Naive Nature
- Expanding Force
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot / Superpower

Deoxys-S is speeding past its foes' and launching an alien invasion into Monotype! With a blazing Speed tier that outspeeds common speed control options like Choice Scarf Hisuian Samurott on Water and Landorus on Ground, solid Special Attack that can be boosted further by Nasty Plot, and a powerful Expanding Force boosted further by Psychic Terrain support, Deoxys-S is a fantastic sweeper and cleaner. Thunderbolt hits common Psychic answers like Mandibuzz, Corviknight, and Hisuian Samurott, while Ice Beam hits Latios, Landorus, and completes the BoltBeam coverage. Superpower with a Naive nature is an option over Nasty Plot to give Deoxys-S a better matchup into Steel, 2HKOing Kingambit and Empoleon as well as chunking Iron Treads. Indeedee is a necessary teammate, with Psychic Surge being the source of Expanding Force's breaking power and Healing Wish support to nullify opposing priority and set up a late-game sweep. Choice Scarf Iron Boulder is an ideal pairing, outspeeding and threatening faster threats like Choice Scarf Greninja and Meowscarada after Deoxys-S has eliminated slower foes, while Jirachi is useful for Stealth Rock support and U-turn pivoting. Hoopa-U is another great teammate, able to eliminate Gholdengo and opposing Psychic-types with its Dark-type STAB moves while also spamming Expanding Force itself.

Last edited:

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
:sv/deoxys-speed:
Timid / Naive Nature
- Expanding Force
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Deoxys-S is speeding past its foes' and launching an alien invasion into Monotype! With a blazing Speed tier, solid Special Attack that can be boosted further by Nasty Plot, and a powerful Expanding Force that forces out almost any non-resist with Psychic Terrain support, Deoxys-S is a fantastic sweeper and cleaner (this part is a bit...unclear. maybe something more concrete: eg. Adding some mons might be better) . Thunderbolt hits common Psychic answers like Mandibuzz, Corviknight, and Skarmory as well as Water- and Flying-types like Pelipper, Greninja, and Gyarados(remove Gyar, he's not really that used. Justify Bolt/beam by it being able to just mess with flying, really), while Ice Beam hits Landorus-T, Latios, and Roaring Moon(lando-t is rare, roaring moon is usually scarfed and would get outspeed). Superpower is an option over Nasty Plot to give Deoxys-S a better matchup into Dark and Steel(its less into Dark as its blocked by sableye, but it can hit Kingambit, Chien-Pao in a pinch, as well as chunk Iron Treads and empoleon planning to come into it) . Indeedee is an essential teammate, with Psychic Surge boosting Deoxys-S' power to obscene levels (its needed because eforce needs the terrain) and mitigating its weakness to priority, while also providing Healing Wish support to set up an endgame sweep. Gallade and Iron Boulder are both fantastic teammates, helping to remove opposing Dark- and Steel-types with Fighting STAB and a fantastic Speed tier with Close Combat, respectively (scarf Iron boulder deals with faster threats like Meow and Gren which can be stinky, while Deo paves the way because it breaks down walls for you. Gallade isn't really that great in mono, swap it for Jirachi or Meta which gives rocks + pivots or kills Flutter Man for it). Hoopa-U is another great teammate, able to eliminate opposing Psychic-types with its Dark STAB, while also spamming Expanding Force itself (Hitting Gholdengo is especially good, something Deo-S no likey) .

Gimmickyasitgets meow will recheck before stamping, thankie

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Deoxys-S is speeding past its foes' and launching an alien invasion into Monotype! With a blazing Speed tier, solid Special Attack that can be boosted further by Nasty Plot, and a powerful Expanding Force boosted further by Psychic Terrain support, Deoxys-S is a fantastic sweeper and cleaner.
The concrete thingy here would be something like:
Some ground and water teams often only have Lando-I or Hisuian Sam as their speed control, which Deo-S still outspeeds. Thats dangerous for both types, since you can smack everyone late game with your coverage / eforce. I'm not sure how to word this properly though.

Thunderbolt hits common Psychic answers like Mandibuzz, Corviknight, and Skarmory, while Ice Beam hits Latios, Landorus, and other common Flying-types.
Or ....and completes the bolt-beam coverage

Choice Scarf Iron Boulder is an ideal pairing, outspeeding and threatening faster threats like Choice Scarf Greninja and Meowscarada after Deoxys-S has eliminated slower foes,
Added scarf parameter

thats all, happy new year and thankie

Gimmicky

You give me chills, I've had it with the drills
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The concrete thingy here would be something like:
Some ground and water teams often only have Lando-I or Hisuian Sam as their speed control, which Deo-S still outspeeds. Thats dangerous for both types, since you can smack everyone late game with your coverage / eforce. I'm not sure how to word this properly though.
was also struggling on how to word this, but i think i've now got it concisely enough (edited the tbolt coverage sentence to include hamurott just to make it extra clear)

happy new year to you as well! :psyglad:

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add
Remove (RC=remove comma)

Timid / Naive Nature
- Expanding Force
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Deoxys-S is speeding past its foes' and launching an alien invasion into Monotype! With a blazing Speed tier that outspeeds common speed control options like Choice Scarf Hisuian Samurott on Water and Landorus-I Landorus on Ground, solid Special Attack that can be boosted further by Nasty Plot, and a powerful Expanding Force boosted further by Psychic Terrain support, Deoxys-S is a fantastic sweeper and cleaner. Thunderbolt hits common Psychic answers like Mandibuzz, Corviknight, and Hisuian Samurott, while Ice Beam hits Latios, Landorus, and completes the BoltBeam coverage. Superpower with a Naive nature is an option over Nasty Plot to give Deoxys-S a better matchup into Steel, 2HKOing Kingambit and Empoleon as well as chunking Iron Treads. Indeedee is a necessary teammate, with Psychic Surge being the source of Expanding Force's breaking power,(RC) while also providing and Healing Wish support and nullifying to nullify opposing priority to and set up an endgame a late-game sweep. Choice Scarf Iron Boulder is an ideal pairing, outspeeding and threatening faster threats like Choice Scarf Greninja and Meowscarada after Deoxys-S has eliminated slower foes, while Jirachi is useful for Stealth Rock support and U-turn pivoting. Hoopa-U is another great teammate, able to eliminate Gholdengo and opposing Psychic-types with its Dark-type STAB,(RC) moves while also spamming Expanding Force itself.
milak-gp-small.gif

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)