Entertainment Creativity in Pokemon Designs - Storyline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Summary: The point of this article is mainly to discuss how the designs of Pokemon has changed throughout the generations, as we can mostly agree that the creativity level for Gen.1 surely isn't the same as it did Gen.5, or even Gen.6 for that matter. My idea was that it was formatted in a story-like structure, discussing each generation with a few images of selective Pokemon to prove the point I will discuss (which will basically be how creativity has really went down since Gen.4 from my perspective). In then end, I'm thinking of sort of shedding light on how Gen.6's Pokemon look like, but I'm still debating that portion of it.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Somewhat hesitant to approve this since I find the generational design discussion to be a mixed bag of opinions and rarely an objective analysis. Obviously, the approach to their designs has hardly been constant, but whether or not it's bad or how there are superior or inferior generations based on some selected examples doesn't sit well with me. I won't go as far as rejecting this idea, but with what you've written thus far, I don't feel comfortable approving what appears to be an article where the author just speaks their own perspective. Flesh it out a bit more, and I'll see if it'll change my mind.

Any other Staff member is free to overrule me though.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Agreeing with Bummer. The idea is far too subjective on something that had wildly different opinions. I don't see this having much of a future, either. If you'd like to write up a rough draft and show us, I'd be all for reviewing it again at that time. But personally, I think it'd be best if you pursued writing a different article with The Smog. Let us know what your thoughts are. Thanks for contributing =)

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for being late with this but yeah, I agree that it won't fly very well if it were to be written, so I've just moved on from it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)