Project Counter That Pokemon 2! (Round 12 - Submissions) [Closed?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 2 Submission Period is now over, Voting has begun

PM me your votes. You can vote for your own submissions.

Vote for your two favorite submissions. Your vote should look like this, with your own selections:

2 Votes: Beedrill

1 Vote: Thundurus
The Pokemon with the most votes at the end of the 2 day voting period will become Team 2's first Pokemon.

Choices:
Voting ends on the 1st of November

You may keep discussing candidates during this period. Have fun!

Team 2 has chosen Choice Specs Keldeo as their first Pokemon!

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Submissions for Round 3 will now begin, in which Team 2 will be choosing their next Pokemon.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Changed nomination to Taunt + 3 Attacks Gengar. Gengar finds a lot of joy against Grass-types, Clefable and Slowking which likes to come in on Keldeo while Keldeo is a check to Gengar's checks such as Bisharp and Scizor. Gengar also has Taunt to shut down status moves and threaten Kyurem-B with Focus Blast. This nomination makes the team very weak to Tornadus-T, Alakazam and Talonflame, however. The Speed tie with base 110s is also dangerous.

Last edited:

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Bisharp can be used as decent trapkiller to Lati@s which are really annoying for Kyurem-B and Keldeo,he can also threat Clefable which can come on the right move on Keldeo and which can be used as soft check to Kyurem-B,AV is used to trapkill safely Lati@s

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor can help check KyuB while taking advantage of the Grass, Flying, and especially Psychic types that love switching into Keldeo while providing a slow but powerful U-Turn to bring in Keld safely. Also, it can help in changing the team into a Voltturn team, which is crucial to get momentum as Team 1 is dictating the counters for Team 2, so an offensive voltturn could remedy that buy amassing momentum over time.

A bit late, but here's my idea:

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Klefki provides entry hazards and speed control for Keldeo to net crucial KOs (and for all of its eventual teammates of course). Toxic is used instead of Magnet Rise to cripple fat mons like (Mega) Slowbro, Slowking, and Tangrowth, and Electric-types, which are immune to Thunder Wave and annoying for Keldeo to deal with, such as Thudurus and Raikou. In return, Keldeo takes care of troublesome Ground-type mons for Klefki like Garchomp, Mamoswine, Excadrill (non-scarfed and outside of sand) and Landorus-T (Toxic on the switch is its only way to deal with it), and some defensive threats like Gliscor (immune to Spkies, Thunder Wave and Toxic!) and Heatran. As a bonus, both are able to KO/cripple AoA Kyurem-B with ease.

I also thought of changing the last moveslot to Flash Cannon as M-Diancie destroys both Keldeo and Klefki. I'm fully open for suggestions to change the set.

Round 3 Submission Period is now over, Voting has begun

Vote for your two favorite submissions. Your vote should look like this, with your own selections:

The Pokemon with the most votes at the end of the 2 day voting period will become Team 2's second Pokemon.

Choices:
Voting ends on the 9th of November

Team 2 has chosen Choice Band Scizor as their second Pokemon!

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Submissions for Round 4 will now begin, in which Team 1 will be choosing their next Pokemon.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This set makes use of Gyarados's great typing and decent bulk to sponge attacks from both Pokemon of Team 2. Specs Hydro Pump could not even 2HKO Gyarados after Rocks while Intimidate and resistance to Scizor's STABs means it takes very little damage from it. Thunder Wave also provides some Speed control for Kyurem-B while Rest and Sleep Talk allows Gyarados to laugh off Scald burns. Choosing Gyarados comes with the drawback of having 2 Rocks-weak mons and also leave the team vulnerable to Thundurus-I, however.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Talonflame may not like to receive water on its burning feathers from Keldeo, but it could play some very useful mind games along with Kyurem-B. About to receive an Hydro Pump on your face? Send Kyurem-B and threaten Keldeo with Fusion Bolt. Keldeo dares to use its Secret Sword on Kyurem-B's face? Send Talonflame to tank it and setup or strike back with priority Brave Bird. Scizor is obviously obliterated by a Flare Blitz.

Just a warning: beware of Stealth Rock. Kyurem-B and Talonflame don't really appreciate it.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Knock Off

Seeing that Team 1 is very weak to hazards and Team 2 can easily weaken the current team 1 and finish it off with a banded BP from sciz is just adding to team 1's problems, even if KyuB has HP Fire. While Tenta doesn't solve any speed issues, Team 1 can still dictate the counter next turn. For what Tenta does, it spins, allowing KyuB to come and clean more easily, Knocks Off the choice items of Sciz and Keld making them weak and not being a sitting duck with Acid Spray, allowing it to weaken Team 2 for KyuB while simultaneously countering both Sciz and Keld.

Last edited:
The thing I dislike about Tentacruel is that it's massive set-up bait for sweepers because of how weak its unboosted attacks are and opposing sweepers can come in freely if they can tank the Acid Spray or don't mind losing their item to Knock Off. Rapid Spin support is nice but if that is the priority, then personally, we can always pick HP Fire Starmie later if we need it (as said Starmie owns the 2 Pokemon from Team 2 right now). Not sure if Tenta has room for it, but I will also consider Toxic Spikes to wear down Keldeo and potentially other teammates of Team 2.

Talonflame and Gyarados share the same problem of stacking the Rocks weakness. Talonflame is a more offensive pick as while it can't come in on Keldeo, it can kill those 2 easily. Gyarados can only Thunder Wave or Waterfall but it can switch in safely against the threats.

Round 4 Submission Period is now over, Voting has begun

The Pokemon with the most votes at the end of the 2 day voting period will become Team 1's second Pokemon.

Choices:
Voting ends on the 17th of November

Last edited:
Team 1 has chosen RestTalk Gyarados as their second Pokemon!

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Submissions for Round 5 will now begin, in which Team 1 will be choosing their next Pokemon.

Last edited:
For the third Pokemon, I feel that we need to pick either a hazard remover or a Thundurus check because both our mons are weak to hazards while Thundurus sweeps through the team as it is now. Scarf Excadrill could work but I'm not too keen on using it because Scarf Spin = free turns. I'm going for Starmie.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire

Simple all-out offensive Starmie. Murders Keldeo with Psyshock and laughs at Scizor with Hidden Power Fire. Hydro Pump is an all powerful move to click, especially when boosted by Life Orb. Rapid Spin for obvious reasons. Starmie is faster than Thundurus and can kill it with Hydro Pump. Natural Cure is chosen because it can shake off Thunder Wave and Scald burns.

WARNING: This stacks a Clefable, Tyranitar and Electric weakness. Also being walled by Lati@s.

EDIT: Small nitpick, by Gyara is the 2nd Pokemon of Team 1, not the first.

Last edited:
OK, since the activity on this thread has died down a fair bit, I'll start posting my own suggestions.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Mag really shuts down Scizor, or at least forces it to really hesitate to click Bullet Punch or Pursuit. It also OHKOes Keldeo. It can't switch in very well, but Gyarados is pretty good for that.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
wow why do we have a rest talk gyarados, if we had to pick another rocks weak mon it shouldve been talonflame. my bad on missing all the votes lol

Latios @ Life Orb (can we ban this guy it keeps linking his name)
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog

Team needs a defogger since it has 2 rocks weak pokemon is the basic reasoning.

Does make the team a helluva lot weaker to ScarfTar tho

Last edited:
As I was the one who suggested the Gyarados set, I felt compelled to defend it a bit. While defensive Gyarados is less than ideal, it does switches in safely on Keldeo and Scizor while also providing team support, which Talonflame cannot do. It is a different take to the all-out attacks Talonflame route, which now I admit, is a better option.

Zone is alright but I feel higher priority should be given to the hazard removers. Up to preference, I guess, whether one chooses Latios or Starmie since both are standard.

EDIT: Grasping at straws here but at that time, I was going "Keldeo switch-in which is not Pursuit bait / Scizor bait" so I simply nominated Gyarados without thinking too much.

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Granted it makes sense in terms of checking both mons heavily. And yeah it can switch into Keldeo which Talonflame can't (lol guessing Scald or Secret Sword and switching into Talon / Kyu-B is not the way to go true). Problem is that both teams are looking like offense and RestTalk Gyara just doesn't really fit that mold, and stacking a rocks weakness was something I was hoping to avoid but it looked inevitable (thus the Talon comparison). Then again I've been horribly inactive in voting (was in the last project too lol) so my criticisms aren't the most justified

Round 5 Submission Period is now over, Voting has begun

The Pokemon with the most votes at the end of the 2 day voting period will become Team 1's third Pokemon.

Choices:
Voting ends on the 24th of November

Team 1 has chosen Defog Latios as their third Pokemon!

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog

Submissions for Round 6 will now begin, in which Team 2 will be choosing their next Pokemon!

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power Ice

Thundurus sweeps all 3 of Team 1 and pairs well with Keldeo who takes care of Hippowdon. Thundurus obviously takes care of Lati@s and Celebi while helping to wear down Clefable. This makes the team very weak to Electrics, especially Mega Manectric.

Going to be away for a week, won't be able to update this thread until the 5th/6th. In the meantime, we have 2 consistent members not including me, I'm not sure what you guys think but should we try to let more people know about this thread? It seems a waste to spend weeks at a time waiting when it's only our own nominations that will be submitted...

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice

Mega Manectric works well with this core. Defensively it offers vital flying and electric resists for Keldeo without stacking any weaknesses. It completes an extremely powerful VoltTurn core with Scizor for grabbing momentum and also dealing heavy damage in the process. M-Mane appreciates Keldeo taking care of ground types such as Hippowdon and in return takes on the likes of Talonflame, Tornadus, Manaphy which can be troublesome to the core. It also brings speed to a relatively slow core.

More specifically to team 1, M-Mane easily beats Gyarados, taking reduced damage from waterfall thanks to intimidate and being immune to thunder wave, and outspeeds and beats Latios with HP Ice. Can't KO Kyurem-B but can pivot out and wear down with volt switch, combined with LO recoil and no recovery makes it easy to wear down.

Going to be away for a week, won't be able to update this thread until the 5th/6th. In the meantime, we have 2 consistent members not including me, I'm not sure what you guys think but should we try to let more people know about this thread? It seems a waste to spend weeks at a time waiting when it's only our own nominations that will be submitted...
I think it's because this thread is very similar to the Community Create a Pokemon Thread (except they don't counter team each other) so more people will flock over to that thread since it has more people participating there already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)