Complete overhaul needed (OU Team)

I'm not looking for praise here, much less to get featured in The Smog. I just need to know what's a good team for someone that apparently has no fucking clue how to predict what his opponent is going to do. Here's what I'm running with right now, but ladder testing has given largely negative results, hence why I'm in desperate need of feedback so I can get back to four digits, or at least to the point when I'm not ready to start punching holes in the drywall.

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Agility
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt

In theory a good physical smashing lead, but I wish I had known that Timid was an Atk-negative nature...anyway, I'm going for Agiligross, and if he runs into something he can't handle, he should be able to go out with a bang.
---
Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Facade
- Spore
- Superpower
- Seed Bomb

A staple of my team since the days I was actually mildly successful. Superpower hits like a Mack truck without the prediction required for Focus Punch, Spore just because it's awesome, Seed Bomb for the other STAB, and Facade to take advantage of Toxic Orb that much more.
---
Empoleon (M) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Substitute
- Surf
- Flash Cannon

Going for Agility SubPetaya, but with Flash Cannon to hit with the other STAB. For some reason it still can't take Close Combat despite having max Defense. Supposed to be a special sweeper.
---
Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Explosion

I've actualy had mild success with this during my losing streak. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast together give perfect coverage provided I can guess if he's going to switch, Substitute prevents Scarf tricking and status (and Black Sludge is going to make the Trickster pay if it does go off), and Explosion ensures Gengar makes an impression going out as well as coming in. Modest probably isn't the best nature for this, though...maybe Rash?
---
Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Silver Wind
- Substitute

The mon largely responsible for my last win. Bullet Punch because everyone and their mom runs it (with Iron Plate for extra pain), Silver Wind gets Technician, STAB and a chance for a +1 boost across the board, Pursuit if I think they're going to run scared, and Sub just because it's good.
---
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Wish

Ironically, most of my recent wins have Blissey up against a special sweeper and she toxic-stalls it to death. Flamethrower is a surprise to those that would opt to switch in a Steel-type, and Ice Beam packs a 20% chance to inflict the nastiest status in the game.
---
Save me the drama: Instead of telling me how much is wrong with it, just tell me what's right and I'll try to build on it.

This team really needs some work.

Firstly, Metagross can be switched to the LeadGross set in the analysis, gives you power early on and Stealth Rock too, which counted up can do up to 150% on your opponent's team. Breloom is pretty meh, but if you like this off-the-bat attacker set then I can't really change that. Empoleon loses a hell lot of coverage with Flash Cannon, Ice Beam lets you stop getting pwned by Dragonite or Grass Knot for bulky waters who resist BOTH YOUR STABS. Gengar and Blissey are okay, SubGar is a old trick but it still works. Black Sludge is crap, unless you can't obtain another Leftovers you're gonna have to ladder with the fact in mind that a trickster could Trick the Black Sludge off you, suffer some damage, and give it to your Blissey later in the match. And lastly, it's supposed to be Life Orb/Leftovers Scizor with Bullet Punch, Pursuit, Superpower/Brick Break/U-Turn and Substitute since you like it that much, though Metal Plate can help if you want to bluff Choice Band and screw over non-Scarfed Magnezone pretty badly.

That's all, thank you for reading the wall of text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)