XY OU Coming from below (Ground OU monotype gen 6)

My parents died (Marowak) @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Marowak is my most powerful attacker. With maximum attack stat reaches 284, but thick club doubles it giving it an incredible 568, OHKOing almost anything in the tier. Earthquake STAB is really powerful, most powerful attack it has. Double-Edge gives it a decent counter from pokemon like gliscor or grass types. Stone edge to OHKO flying types. Iron head for a reliable hitting attack for fairies and can potentially guarantee a hit on ghosts like gengar or mismagius.

Ur mom lul (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Ice Fang
- Whirlwind

Hippowdon is my sweeper stopper. Takes most unboosted attacks, even water, grass and ice. Earthquake STAB is obvious. Slack off for recovering health. Ice fang kills dragonite in two turns, hits many pokemon hard and can break air ballooned heatran. Whirlwind to throw sweepers off and stop hazard setters

Drillin yo @$$ (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge

Rhydon eviolite actually takes less damage from attacks than Rhyperior(not on super effective attacks) And way better defence and special defence. Easily tanking physical attacks and revenge killing special attackers. Double-Edge for general coverage, earthquake and stone edge for STAB EdgeQuake coverage. Mega horn to OHKO special attackers like alakazam thinking they can get an easy KO on me. I can understand how rhyperior can outclass it but much of the time the opponent carries not attacks super effective to me.

Almost pseudo (Flygon) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Rock Slide

Flygons speed and attack makes for a great sweeper. Earthquake and rockslide for pre-EdgeQuake coverage. Outrage for powerful STAB, and fire punch for ice types. I've always wanted to use a flygon effectively but it seems everyone thinks it it outclassed by garchomp, should I make a similar set on him?

Horny (Nidoking) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

This is my special attacker, with life orb coverage its attacks can do incredible damage without pesky recoil. Thunderbolt covers water weakness. Fire Blast brings a powerful attack to ice types. Ice beam for general coverage and Earth Power for general STAB. I was debating on a physical nidoking with earthquake, stone edge, mega horn and poison jab, plus it would be boosted by the additonal boost to its physical attack(102 base as oppose to 92). Would that be a wise choice?

Diggersby Tho (Diggersby) @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Given the popular overused term "Diggersby Tho" it has been well known to lots competetive battlers. With a powerful ability Huge power, shared with the azumarill family. It actually has higher base attack than azumaril so it can be seen as more effective. Quick attack is great priority to take out a low HP pokemon or to do crazy damage on Greninja. Return is powerful STAB. Earthquake for STAB as well and U turn for a in and out potential sweeper.

Here's the team, I do understand it lacks stealth rocks but I don't see room for it on any of my pokemon. All pokemon can be replaced if you feel it can.

Thank you if you put suggestions

I know this team is tagged as OU but since almost all of your pokemon are UU, you might consider going into that tier? If you do want ou then idk how you managed to make a mono - ground team without excadrill, garchomp, gliscor, or landurus (probably the 4 best non-uber ground types).In order for mono teams to work you need to cram in as many secondary types as possible. For example, there are a number of good water/ground mons available (swampert is my favorite, gastrodon is the most effective), landurus gives you flying, etc... Diggersby and Hippowdon are both excellent mons and can stay (although I think Diggersby's design is so terrible that I refuse to put him on a team), but I would consider swapping the other mons for pokemon that give you better coverage.

You mentioned that maybe you should replace Flygon with Garchomp, and unless Levitate has saved your team many times, you should. As much as I love Flygon, Garchomp completely outclasses him as a Band user. All of his stats are higher, except for SpAtk which is the same. And that is completely irrelevant on a Band user. He can run the exact same set as the one your using, except Fire Punch has to be replaced with Fire Fang.

Keep Nidoking as a Special Attacker, otherwise you won't have any

Bump:
Add torterra to cover ground weakness.
No mega chomp for wall breaking?
If you can get away with using a legendary like Landorus, why not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)