HP: 58
Atk: 50
Def: 145
SpA: 95
SpD: 105
Spe: 30
BST: 483

Level Up:

[#563]: Lv1: Astonish, Lv1: Protect, Lv1: Disable, Lv1: Haze, Lv5: Disable, Lv9: Haze, Lv13: Night Shade, Lv17: [M506], Lv21: Will-o-Wisp, Lv25: Ominous Wind, Lv29: Curse, Lv33: [M471], Lv33: [M470], Lv34: Scary Face, Lv39: Shadow Ball, Lv45: Grudge, Lv51: Mean Look, Lv57: Destiny Bond

Egg Moves:

Memento
Fake Tears
Nasty Plot
Endure
Heal Block
Imprison
Nightmare
Disable

[M506] is Evil Eye. It's a Special Attack Ghost-type move that doubles in power if the opponent is inflicted with a status condition. 50 BP / 100 Acc / 10 PP

[M471] is Power Share. It averages the user and target's Attack and Special Attack.

[M47o] is Guard Share. It averages the user and target's Defense and Special Defense.

Mummy:
Serebii said:
US Name: To Be Confirmed
Jp. Name: Mummy (ミイラ )

Effect:
When a Pokémon makes physical contact with a Pokémon with the Mummy ability, they lose their current ability and their ability becomes Mummy until it is switched out
Besides the fascinating sprite that Gamefreak has given us, Desukan is actually an interesting Pokemon. It is best compared with Dusknoir - a pure Ghost typing Pokemon with a slightly superior movepool from an offensive standpoint. However, we can still look at Deskuan's main selling point: Mummy. According to the abilities information, once a Pokemon makes physical contact with Desukan, you'll lose your current ability until you switch out. This can either go wrong and right for you - risk potentially losing someone like Slaking's ability or strip off the ability of someone like Doryuzzu, ultimately making them less threatening as a sweeper making walling on your part easier.

I've recently found out Sleep Talk is no longer a TM so I think the only viable sets that can work are bulky offensive sets.

Mummy being only temporary is extremely disappointing. I was hoping it would spread around both players team like some virus.

I guess he is a sort of Rotom A replacement, but I'm not too impressed.

Desukan is a multi-faceted one. Here's the TM list:
Learnable TMs: , TM04 - Calm Mind, TM06 - Toxic, TM10 - Hidden Power, TM15 - Hyper Beam, TM17 - Protect, TM18 - Rain Dance, TM19 - Telekinesis, TM20 - Safeguard, TM21 - Frustration, TM27 - Return, TM29 - Psychic, TM30 - Shadow Ball, TM32 - Double Team, TM42 - Facade, TM44 - Rest, TM45 - Attract, TM46 - Thief, TM48 - Troll, TM53 - Energy Ball, TM61 - Will-O-Wisp, TM63 - Embargo, TM66 - Payback, TM68 - Giga Impact, TM70 - Flash, TM77 - Psych Up, TM85 - Dream Eater, TM86 - Grass Knot, TM87 - Swagger, TM90 - Substitute, TM92 - Trick Room
Unfortunately, Sleep Talk is not a TM anymore but other important stuff is there.
Will-o-wisp has always been great on a defensive ghost and Desukan gets it as well as the potential to remove Encourage, Adaptability and other threatening abilities.

However, as someone who experimented with the Trick Room play style for a while, I couldn't help but connect the dots there.

-Trick Room
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting

I see Desukan using Haze quite effectively as well in certain situations.

One of his more interesting moves is Power Share (M471):

Psychic Other Power: --- / Accuracy: ---
Averages the user's and the target's attack and special attack.

I doubt the effect is permanent, but it's still a way to temporarily neuter the opponent's offense. With 0 EVs/0 IVs and a hindering nature, his special attack could be pretty low, and his attack extremely low. Will-O-Wisp is probably better in most cases though.

According to the abilities information, once a Pokemon makes physical contact with Desukan, you'll lose your current ability until you switch out. This can either go wrong and right for you - risk potentially losing someone like Slaking's ability or strip off the ability of someone like Doryuzzu, ultimately making them less threatening as a sweeper making walling on your part easier.
Or you can abuse it with your own Slaking.

Once you give Mummy to your opponent's Pokemon, it can give it to your Pokemon. Just send in Slaking and use Pursuit.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Give it Bold nature and Calm Mind (More defensive factor, unlike NP, that is sheer offense). Like Curselax, but special ,with less HP and perfect coverage between Shadow Ball and HP Fighting.

~Calm Mind
~Shadow Ball
~HP Fighting
~Rest

A good tank.

I didn't realize that Desukan got Nasty Plot. That could open up more movesets, apart from being a wall. He has decent enough Sp. Atk to possibly get a kill.

And I wish Mummy could also be permanent through the entire battle, but it's still pretty good.

Or you can abuse it with your own Slaking.

Once you give Mummy to your opponent's Pokemon, it can give it to your Pokemon. Just send in Slaking and use Pursuit.
The only problem is if Desukan carries Protect. It can Protect on Slaking's attacking turn and switch on it's Traunting turn. I guess if Slaking is THAT desperate to sweep it can use Block on the first turn and Pursuit later (Pursuit has more PP than a maxed out Protect) but if Desukan Runs Toxic or if T. Spikes are out Slaking isn't very helpful.

Edit: Sorry, I was under the impression at first you intended to use Slaking as a Desukan counter.

I predict a fall in Dusknoir usage. I can imagine Acheron could exploit Mummy on the field quite well, being functional even with the ability - it can then either attack the Mummified opponent, or gain a free turn to attack whatever comes in.

I like the idea of curse sweep, imagine snorlax and desukan on the same team, both utilizing a different approach on curse/calm mind, snorlax has physical hitting ability, carries body slam to paralyze, potentially making desukan "faster", and they compliment each other via fighting type moves can't touch desukan, and ghost type moves potentially making snorlax switches safe. It might suck to erase the stat increases, but the whole calm mind/curse thing can surely annoy opponents.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Desukan IS the Physical Wall of the Generation. With 58 HP and 145 Defense and Mummy, he becomes one of the best ways to stop things like DD Gyara, DD Ononokusu, and Dorryuzu.

Desukan IS the Physical Wall of the Generation. With 58 HP and 145 Defense and Mummy, he becomes one of the best ways to stop things like DD Gyara, DD Ononokusu, and Dorryuzu.
That's what I was thinking. It has amazing bulk with a spread 58/145/105, and it's definitely the answer to this gen's powerful physical sweepers with threatening attack-boosting abilities like Warubiaru and Doryuuzu.

The problem is that non-Dream World Gyarados (i.e. ones with Intimidate) won't care that their ability has been overwritten once they switch in. Only Dream World Gyarados will care (and you know which one it is when it switches in).

i havnt actually looked into this, but i would try using support set that utilizes haze WoW etc. resttalk is nice but definitly isnt its only option

I predict a fall in Dusknoir usage. I can imagine Acheron could exploit Mummy on the field quite well, being functional even with the ability - it can then either attack the Mummified opponent, or gain a free turn to attack whatever comes in.
I am not really sure how much more dusknoir can fall lol.

I think that mummy has potential to be a good ability, but it only works for PHYSICAL attacks, to it is still trapped by things like shandera.

ResTalk Calm Mind Desukan will be quite fun to play with due to its huge physical bulk protecting it on the physical side while it sets up. I'm also interested in trying out a Trick Room set to see how it compares to Dusknoir.

If it doesn't get Sleep Talk then I'll just use SubCM instead probably. Unless it can take hits well enough to endure three turns of sleep...

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can see it working as a nice pivot (with Mummy). Its one of those pokemon where I would run CM over NP since Mummy affects your physical attacks anyway. Since Disable seems to have 100% accuracy there could be some use for it on Desukan

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Some of the moves were missing, so I'll fill kids in.

[M506] is Evil Eye. It's a Special Attack Ghost-type move that doubles in power if the opponent is inflicted with a status condition. 50 BP / 100 Acc / 10 PP

[M471] is Power Share. It averages the user and target's Attack and Special Attack.

[M47o] is Guard Share. It averages the user and target's Defense and Special Defense.

I'd recommend the OP update their stuff really. For example, RestTalk is not even possible at this point.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah yes I can see Evil Eye being used a lot especialy is Desukan is running Will-o-wisp. Its a shame it does not get Focus Blast.

Desukan @ Leftovers
-Shadow Ball
-Substitute
-HP Fighting
-Calm Mind

Also Toxic + Protect you be interesting when combined with Evil Eye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)