SV OU Choice Scarf Hoopa + Hazards Stack!

OVERVIEW:
1714981796425.png1714982618408.png1714983486367.png1714984578326.png1714985340589.png1714986107380.png

Team Building Process:

Hoopa-Unbound:
I wanted a slick scarf user who could hit hard and sport some nice coverage options
Skarmory:
Wanted to do hazard stack and needed a wall who could take uturn hits for hoopa amd self heal with ground immunity
Heatran:
Needed a special wall that could cover skarmory and put up SR
Lando:
Needed a safe wallbreaker who could check common annoyances and force switches
Dragapult:
Needed a pokemon who could hit hard handle status well if need be and cover the team well and add true speed control. Also, a spin blocker.
Toxapex:
Needed a Toxic spin blocker and a status spreader and wall. With regenerator it can absorb hits and help aid skarmory with pesky set up sweepers.

1714981796425.png
1714981796425.png

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Nature: Sassy
TeraType: Flying
Ability: Regenerator
/ 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def

- Baneful Bunker
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

This is a hazard stack team. I wanted something that could tank hits, heal itself, and spread either Toxic Spikes or Toxic itself. Pex works fine here because it has great ability to physically and specially take hits against a lot of booster energy users in the meta. For this team I needed a pokemon that could take bug hits for Hoopa. I opted for tera type normal as it would grant an immunity to Dragapult and Gholdengo's shadow ball. On Pex I opted for flying. If terra'd it will be able to switch in on spikes for free and remove its gaping ground weakness. This pokemon with Haze can Toxic and stall out a lot of common meta game sweepers. If a sweeper immune to Toxic is a problem generally Heatran or Landorous is an immediate threat and can take the hit amd threaten OHKO after a few moves of Hazing have been dealt to scout the opponent for a possible switch. Toxapex is easily taunted but in OU currently no one is really on taunt that matters except for Deoxys speed and sticky web users who are inherently fast. I opted for a special defensive set with a sassy nature, as Skarmory is an excellent partner in walling my opponents.

1714982618408.png

1714982618408.png
Skarmory @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Nature: Impish
TeraType: Fairy
Ability: Sturdy

/ 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spe
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

I needed a Spikes user and felt as if Skarmory in gen 9 besides Ting-Lu was the only real viable option to build around for a defensive team. Skarm was a great option, after testing as it will always get Spikes up and keep them up. It's massive defensive stat and excellent typing make him a wonderful option for whirlwind physical set up sweepers away and racking up extra hazard damages. It pairs well with Pex and synergies with the entire team. It's immunity to earthquake and spikes allow for it to come in and out often to help stall opponents out who have been given Toxic. Brave Bird punishes grass types and anything frail and forces my opponent to switch to an immediate counter or get set up on or caught in whirlwind. It sulks up physical hits Hoopa can not take and in return is protected by Dragapult and Hoopa.

1714983486367.png

1714983486367.png

Heatran @ Heavy Duty Boots
Nature: Calm
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Flying
/ 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def

- Flamethrower / Magma Trap
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Most hazard stack teams always include a Stealth Rocks abuser so in return I felt it would be best to do so here as well. I needed a mon that could cover Skarmory not well, but perfectly. Heatran immediately threatens the switch of anything switching to counter Skarmory and presses out extreme damage. Not only does Heatran handle steel types but it also does well against removing them completely from the game. Heatran also removes Fairy types from setting up and walling Dragapult. I opted for Tera Type flying because this little guy hates dealing with fighting types and water types as changing it to flying could be the difference maker defensively. Since, it is trained in spd the typing change should benefit Heatran if selected within the match. Tera for this team isn't super relied on as I believe it greatly helps offensive pokemon a bit more than defensive ones. I don't much like Magma Trap as when it misses unless you are ahead or completely winning a lot of times it will cause you to loose or take far too much chip damage and be a big part of the difference. Heatran covers Ice weaknesses very well. So it can cover Dragapult and Landorous well from the likes of a mispredict by Weavile and help counter things like Kyurem, Darkarai's Ice Beam, and more.

1714984578326.png
1714984578326.png

Landorous @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Intimidate
/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Tera Type: Ground

- Sword Dance
- Rock Slide
- Outrage / Crunch
- Earthquake

I said it at the beginning of gen 9 and I am saying it now. Any set ran by Landorous is always going to be playable. Usually, I put rocks up with this guy or play crazy calm mind sets, but on this team I needed a set up sweeper who could push through my opponents especially if they misread the set and switch in to it after +1 SD. Lando sports a ground immunity and electric immunity and is an excellent counter to Raging Bolt and if you are playing Skarmory you will need a counter for Raging Bolt. This little guy can switch on t-wave predicts and force switches as well as it could in gen 8. It deals well vs Kingambit along with Heatran and is a perfect bluff for an offensive set. Lando is here for take u-turn if possible and protecting Heatran and Hoopa. Hoopa plus scarf out speeds the entire unboosted meta bar Deoxys speed who is completely walled by Heatran. This team lacks set up sweepers greatly and hates heavy duty boot users greatly but this guy hits so hard that most of the times unless a true counter can not take his EQ effectively and will be picked a part or allow me to go back in to Skarmory or Toxic it out the game.

1714985340589.png
1714985340589.png

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
Ability: Infiltrator
/ 252 Spa / 252 spe / 4Spd
Tera Type: Fairy

- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower

Dragapult is here for speed control, spin blocking, revenge killing, and serves as a defensive helper at taking u-turn hits, fire and water hits as well as electricity if needed. As a hazard stack team I felt like a rapid spin user was a staple, also having immunity to fighting is very helpful. He is a Gholdengo check, Tusk check, threatens Skarmory and Corviknight. He also helps aid Heatran in countering court change or removing the pokemon early entirely so that spikes can be set up and whirlwind can win for your team. Keeping Skarmory alive and effective is key to this team's wincon. Dragapult helps do this amazingly. He also aids as a pseudo sweeper as he can ultimately revenge kill and handle most opposing dragons. Specs allows to push through multiple Terra users after hazards which I found to be more optimal than pivot. This team lacks pivot as no one on the team is performing that role. I found this not to be an issue as I was going for a hazard stack bulky defensive team with the ability to pseudo stall.

1714986107380.png
1714986107380.png

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Tera Type: Normal
Ability: Magician

- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

I originally wanted to make a super control team utilizing Hoopa's offensive physical abilities as oppose to the special sets mostly used. I did not want a psychic spam terrain team and knew it biggest problem was its lack luster speed.. it's damage out put and wide move pool similarities with that of Kartana's. It's a ability to clean up sweep and revenge kill is very suprising. It picks of frail mon easily as the rest of the team generally deals with the rest. It helps remove heavy duty boot users and has a great decent spd itself. After hazard damages Hoopa can clean up shop even on a day off. That is some Magician lol. Jk. I wad bored and wanted to utilize this little guy much differently than most. I am open to suggestions and changes within and for this team. This team has been tested but not "thoroughly." It's results have been well and I am too busy to test replays. The RMT was fancy enough for a team not being shown on show case. I would like help as my main team played Volcorona whom is not replaceable and now I am trying my luck away from weather depending teams a HO. I am not much a fan of stall but like bulky defensive and balanced core teams so I have been trying my hand at many and decided for the giggles to post this one as Hoopa with scarf is surprisingly decent and very fun to operate with.

THREAT LIST:
Clefable: Magic Guard is wild
Dragonite: If Skarmory is down after a few DD's game ends
Cinderace: Not really an issue but court change and pivot is annoying
Dondozo: Ummm yeah lol
Rotom W: terrorizes most of the team can wear pult down
Meoscarada: pivots well sets up hazards and has a blunt knock off
Alolma: Stall in general can be annoying as it does what this team is trying to do but better. I have no real OHKO for it. Just have to get their team caught in whirlwind and give it Toxic
Gliscor: Toxic orb walls by lot of the team
Blissey: annoying

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)