Rejected Changing Sprites on Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be a way to say...
Swap out Pokemon sprites with other sprites?
Like switch out Gen 8 3D sprites with say... Gen 5 sprites
So people can switch between 3D and Pixel Art

Also could there be a way to upload custom sprites only the user can see?
Cause that would be neat to see your very own made sprites in battle on showdown.
I'm sure there are pixel artists who are not on the art team who would appreciate this feature.
Plus people can download other pokemon sprites made by other people.
Like say, a different color shiny for Espeon or maybe a Scrafty that looks like HoodlumCallum

Like these 2 here, I made these sprites, but I know there are official sprites that are already being used for Showdown.

Cinderace.png
Intelleon.png

But if there's a way I can swap the official ones for ones I made THAT ONLY I CAN SEE IN MY SIDE OF THE SCREEN, that would make these battles feel a lot more special.

Just like how the TCG has different images for their cards, I feel like it would be really fun to see Pokemon in a different styles
Maybe it's even possible to use actual images like these as a sort of TCG look

PikaWha.pngRoserade.pngLucario.png
People can even share sets to others to show off their sprites or works or the images they're using.
Of course only the REALLY dedicated ones would try to change all 400+ Pokémon... or in Nat Dex, 900+...
But if they did and shared their custom set of images for all 900+ Pokemon with others then that would be really neat

Last edited:

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
No, there won't be. If you want to have your own sprites appear, you can write a script to replace them on your end and run it in the browser through a plugin such as Stylus.

Oh well
Customization would be really cool though if you could just easily click a button instead of actually rewriting the script of a browser
But I guess it would need people to edit the script of showdown to make this work...

Maybe in Pokémon Showdown 2? Hehe... Yeah I guess not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)