CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magmortified, It's Your Choice

Going with my heart on this one. I could have voted for Mekkah's Anti-Trick option, because Doug voted for that and I more often than not agree with Doug! Or, for that matter, I could have voted for Sikh Assassin's Great Wall of China, because I'd rather have that win than LonelyNess's Physical Blissey. But I really think that Mag's submission is the coolest one, and if The Great Wall of China needs my vote in later polls, then I'll be sure to supply it then. :)

Gothic Togekiss' Test the Limits

Because we realy don't need to do something we already know will be good.

eric the espeon's Anti Switch

What good is a "counter" if your opponent can easily escape from it or put it on it's death bed? We need a solid Poke to finally keep some of these threats in check.

Hyra's Decentralizer.

I thought it'd be a bit big headed if I voted for myself :P

Loving the idea, would be difficult to implement, though.

Vote for my zarator Kingdra in the Snow

I think this would help the CAP metagame a lot. Since Stratagem release, I have seen a lot of SS teams running rampant. The number of Tyranitar leads is impressive. A much needed boost to Hail teams would bring a nice anti-metagame twist on the table

Let's start with what is a tank. In Pokemon, a tank is a Pokemon who can take hits and dish them back almost twice as hard. For the most part though these have almost always been physically oriented. Hence, Rhyperior and Swampert. Every passing month Rhyperior is on the rise. You want to know why? It can do amazing damage while taking hits like they are nothing. People have realized his potential. Colonel M and SoT can back me up on this. Well let's take an even deeper look at Rhyperior. Its a tank. It has a gigantic attack stat as well as amazing defenses. This attack stat allows Rhyperior to sweep but that is not the only factor involved. The defenses let him take a hit making his completely obsolete speed unneeded and not a factor. Rhyperior is literally a monster and a great wall, but it can almost always kill at least one Pokemon.

That is what I plan for this Pokemon except, it should be specially biased. Sure Scizor is on a rampage but so are Special Attackers. Most importantly lets look at Heatran, Zapdos, and Skymin. Assuming we are using the wished for Electric / Dragon typing, Zapdos can't really do shit. T-Bolt and Heatwave don't do anything thanks to typing resistances and non-super effective attacks. HP Ice is your only worry but it can only do about 1/4 to 1/3 damage as it is unSTAB'd. This is only using a 100 base SpD. That's one down. Heatran can only use Earth Power / Explosion. Explosion can't be helped but is uncommon nowadays. HP Ice is used a lot more and it is the same thing with Zapdos as mentioned earlier. Earth Power will do about 2/3 damage. Since you have an Electric-typing, T-Wave is a given. With T-Wave you incapacitate Heatran, and you rest off the damage, or you switch to another Pokemon who can now take over much more easily. That is two down! Skymin can almost OHKO, but almost, while you OHKO with T-Bolt. That's three out of three and that is just the tip of the iceberg! Think of what else we can do with this concept!

As far as abilities go, we can imitate a form of Solid Rock for this Pokemon, or we could just use Levitate and make Heatran obsolete. These are just some of the ideas, we can plan this whole Pokemon out together, or completely revamp these ideas! Abilities, moves, etc. are all up to you!

I'm not going to tell you why mine is better than any other as it may not be, that is fully opinionated and personal but I can tell what we can really do with "The Great Tank of China"!
Just to say, but if you mean a totally special biased tank (i.e. Sp atk/Sp def) you could as well use Latias, since it will be tested by now and may very well end up OU. You could say: it is not OU yet. Okay, but we'll know it far before the end of CAP6. In my opinion is better to keep this sort of option for CAP7 should Latias end up Uber. Oh, and BTW Latias walls almost completely Heatran, Zapdos and Skymin too.
Overall, because of the probable unbanning of Latias and the good number of physical tanks around, I dont think this is our best option to go with for CAP6

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hyra's Decentralizer

Plat's metagame is way too centered on Heatran, Zapdos and company, and I presonally find that extremely annoying. Beyond extremely annoying.

Anyway, I am all for Hyra's idea. Hopefully it won't backfire <_<;.

Sikh Assassin's The Great Tank of China

I feel Heatran needs a better answer than its current checks and counters however i'm bit tentative about voting for Hyra's Decentralizer considering that our current metagame hasn't stablized yet. So i'm voting for a safer choice to help prevent misinformed metagame decisions.

Do half the people voting for Hyra's idea even know what the top 5 threats in the actual CAP server are, as opposed to basing your votes on the platinum metagame.

Just seems like a lot of people want a Heatran/Zapdos/Scizor counter without knowing anything about there standing in the CAP server, or whether the game itself is even based around the same few pokemon.

Seems like an uninformed vote but whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)