CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 5 - Flavor Ability Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anticipation
Unnerve

Anticipation is pretty much a nerfed version of Forewarn, in that it can only reveal super-effective moves. With that in mind, most of the time CAP 2, with the obscene amount of weaknesses granted by the Grass typing, will see super effective moves that are standard on the opposing pokemon's set.

Unnerve seems like it would work well simply because of the flavor. It's a ghostly Venus Fly Trap, of course it's going to freak other pokemon out a little bit!

In my mind, every other ability on the slate is a competitive ability.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sticky Hold
Forewarn
Anticipation
Unnerve

When I see this design, I see "flytrap" more than anything else. That is the most distinctive visual feature. Appealing to the flavor that it is a ghost is pretty lame. C'mon, there are tons of ghosts in the game and damn near all of them are supposed to be scary in some way. I'm not saying the ghostiness of this design isn't part of the appeal; I'm just saying it doesn't set this design apart from dozens of other pokemon out there. Flytrap, on the other hand, is quite distinctive and is only shared by a few other pokemon. So Sticky Hold is my most preferred.

Moving behind the visuals and emphasizing the shrine maiden/"commune with the dead" angle is my next favorite, so Forwarn and Anticipation seem good enough there. I wish Pokemon had better non-competitive abilities to represent this aspect of our miko, but we make do with what we have.

Liquid Ooze just doesn't work at all for me.

Unnerve
Forewarn

At last, I get to do something again! My ability choices are based squarely on YilxMon's eerie aesthetic, though I also like Forewarn from a battle standpoint ("competitively negligible" or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)