BULKY OFFENDERS IF U RATE U GET A PRIZE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKAY THERE IS NO PRIZE BUT WAIT!!!! THIS IS NOT THE TEAM U SAW LAST TIME ITS BEEN UPDATED!!!!

TEAM AT A GLANCE-

THE GAME PLAN:

I wanted to create a team with powerful offensive Pokemon with synergy and being able counter each others weaknesses. At the same time using a support core ( Celebi,Vaporeon) to keep the team alive and scouting the foe to give me useful information and what I should be aware of. I really used to struggle with team buildin but thanks to radiowave on shoddybattle, he gave me the concept of team building. He said that u have to choose pokemon according to which way ur gonna play them and choose the moves later as well as the roles. He also said u have to look at the big picture of the variety of pokemon available to u. Just cuz they're NU or UU doesn't mean they're complete crap and can't be used in standard play. Anyways I decided to make a bulky offensive team. Anyways now to look at the team.......................

.........IN DEPTH::pimp:

THE LEAD:

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/236 Atk/12 Def/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion
---
Well, Metagross is the definition of Bulky Offence. The thing's got bulk and power. Metagross was chosen as a lead becuase of his greatness with Salamence. I used to He's guranteed to almost always set up SR. Even if he can't I set it up later once he get taunted that is. Since Azelf and Jirachi leads are rampaging around, Metagross will need back up from its buddies. If I predict correctly against a Jirachi lead, that its gonna hamper me with a choice scarf, I send out Heatran, once the Jirachi is stuck on trick its forced to switch. Thus giving me the time to figure my next move. Agaisnt Azelf leads I switch to Scizor cuz their first move is usually taunt, taunting a Scizor is like opening a treasure chest with no treasure. I then use U-Turn to get the hell outta there at the same time getting Azelf to 1HP. if its gonna go BOOM i send out Metagross. Metagross is also an ideal lead becuase of his ability to come late/midgame to weaken a wall or sweeper with STAB bullet punch or if its low on HP just explode, cuz Metagross usually lives to see Late/Mid game. I chose meteor mash over EQ basically cuz it packs more of a punch and is a much powerful STAB and since I usually save him for late game it comes in handy against tyranitar, if my scizor faints to its fire ounch if i mis predict.

THE SEEDER/STATUS ABSORBER:

Roserade (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/6 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
---
This guy allows me to deal damage to suicune who is a pain to this team. by setting up 2 layers of Tspikes suicune is not gonna stay in there for long. Also since my tem is weak to empoleon allowing it to sweep once it's team sets up Tspikes not even vaporeon can face it that's why roserade can absorb the tspikes as well as set em up. Roserade is also trouble for celebi who switches in predicting leech seed but instead gets hit by sludge bomb.

THE WISH-PASSER/SCOUTER

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Protect
- Ice Beam
---
This is a reliable salamence counter as well as trouble for flygon, i replaced Hp electric with Ice beam because most intelligent players predict an HP electric coming their way and switch to Electivire which is not good. Ice beam Of course if any of my Exploders ( Heatran & Metagross) are weakened I just explode on the bulky water once Roserade and Vaporeon have chipped away at it. Vaporeon can also stall out the opponent using wish and protect. He also supports Salamence well by passing wishes to him which gets over his Stealth rock weakness. Vaporeon also helps against leech seeders with ice beam. Since its some times risky to switch into celebi with roserade and get hit by psychic.

THE MIXED ATTACKER

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 Atk/208 Spd/216 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
---
This guy's like Rayquayza in OU, he's Rayquayza j.r. I chose the nex mix mence over the classic cuz the classic focuses a bit too much on S.Atk giving it a maxed 252. The new mixmence uses the stats in a more balanced way. Also if I end up Salamence vs Salamence, if my foe's salamence uses the new mixmence he'll have a speed stat of:208 while i would have only 176 spe, i would have been outsped and lost. The other thing is even though i lack brickbreak for blissey, Salamence can 2HKO her with Outrage. This Salamence also has the ability to survive against Cresselia and Blissey's Ice beam better than the classic mixed set. The guy usually comes on metagross' weaknesses (since most of metagross' weaknesses are crap against salamence) and begins to break walls. if salamence gets stuck on a wall I bring in metagross and if its weakened i explode, or cripple it wth t-Wave and continue wall-breaking. If he's low on hp cuz of LO i pass wishes to him by vaporeon. He also resists Heatran's and Scizor's weaknesses

THE REVENGE KILLER/SPECIAL ATTACKER

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Overheat/Heatwave
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Electric]
---
This Walking Volcano is just awesome. I usually bring in him in when an opposing scizor uses pursuit on celebi and celebi gets KOed, I bring Heatran in and start dishing out damage. He's also my answer to other Heatran. When opposing Heatran switch into Celebi's T-wave they get paralyzed and heatran comes after it and uses earth power. He's my answer to salamence,scizor,lucario, other heatran and he can also get surprise kills on weakened bulky waters and of course Gyarados with even one DD. Overheat is used over Fire blast cuz i really get scared if it misses and flamethrower doesn't have that extra kick. usually I switch out after revenge killing something with Heatran so overheat doesn't take its toll. I might switch Overheat with Heatwave so i dn't have to switch every time.

THE PHYSICAL ATTACKER:

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
---
This dude's my best answer to tyranitar and is also a scouter with U-turn, he can also punish enemy Bronzong with U-turn before going to heatran or salamence to KO with Fireblast or Overheat. He also takes down Latias with no HP fire which i eventually find out with my vaporeon after using the wish+protect technique. He also takes down Cresselia easily which tries to KO salamence with ice beam. Scizaor also takes care of lead Azelf with no Fireblast/flamethrower. He can also dispose the #1 special wall along with metagross. He completes my collection of Mixed/Special/Physical Attackers

Hope You've Enjoyed The Team and now please post comments and feedback.

P.S. Please tell me whether choice specs will work better on my heatran:toast:

On ScarfTran, go with Fire Blast, because with the Scarf it has a much better sweeping potential, and you don't want the Sp Atk drop after each hit. If you decide to go with Specs, Overheat becomes the prime choice, for the incredible damage. Edit: It also would help if you showed a threat list to show how you deal with everyday threats in the OU environment. You can just find one in another RMT, copy and paste, and edit there comments. It makes a lot easier for people to rate, and in-turn will increase the number of rates you might get.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
13. You are only permitted to have one active RMT thread open at any given time. Don't post a new team every 2 weeks, wait some time before posting another RMT.
That said, the only change you made pretty much was Celebi to Roserade from the other team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)