Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitchwood High

formerly Err0r Mobutt
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1094767300

In this battle, at turn 17 my toxapex gets hit with a bolt beak from a dracozolt that absolutely outsped me in electric terrain and yet manages to take only 80% of it's damage in health. After winning the battle I went to the damage calculator to see how this was possible.

252 Atk Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 554-654 (182.2 - 215.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Maybe he wasn't using hustle for whatever reason?

252 Atk Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 372-438 (122.3 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So maybe he forgot to ev his dracozolt (And chose the wrong ability). Which is very unlikely, but even I occasionally make that mistake.

0 Atk Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 294-348 (96.7 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Black Sludge recovery

Even with him doing everything wrong the lowest damage he can do is 97% or so. The toxapex surviving with 20% of it's health less should absolutely not be possible.

0- Atk Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 264-312 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Black Sludge recovery

Even with a nature that reduces his attack he still can't get 80%. I highly doubt this even would even occur, anyways.

In team builder, I noticed there was a below PU tier and a ZU option while selecting the format for a team. I built a team for ZU but once I tried to select ZU in the main screen for a battle, that option didn't exist. I Don't know if it is a bug or it simply hasn't "released" yet.

Attachments

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1094767300

In this battle, at turn 17 my toxapex gets hit with a bolt beak from a dracozolt that absolutely outsped me in electric terrain and yet manages to take only 80% of it's damage in health. After winning the battle I went to the damage calculator to see how this was possible.

252 Atk Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 554-654 (182.2 - 215.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Maybe he wasn't using hustle for whatever reason?

252 Atk Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 372-438 (122.3 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So maybe he forgot to ev his dracozolt (And chose the wrong ability). Which is very unlikely, but even I occasionally make that mistake.

0 Atk Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 294-348 (96.7 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Black Sludge recovery

Even with him doing everything wrong the lowest damage he can do is 97% or so. The toxapex surviving with 20% of it's health less should absolutely not be possible.

0- Atk Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 264-312 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Black Sludge recovery

Even with a nature that reduces his attack he still can't get 80%. I highly doubt this even would even occur, anyways.
Since you used Baneful Bunker, you moved first even though it failed, thus Bolt Beak's power wasn't doubled. Though he must have been some kind of weird spread, maybe Magnet Jolly :
252 Atk Magnet Dracozolt Bolt Beak (85 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 222-264 (73 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Last edited:
Unsure this is relevant and I'm really sorry if this isn't the place to mention this.

It appears that Ripen "activates" on Leftovers on cartridge (As in, it is shown but does not properly double the healing from leftovers)

I cannot provide a recent source but I'm confident it hasn't been fixed (do they ever fix stuff like this ?), but I instead got various older sources.
Sword and Shield Battle Mechanics Research thread
Twitter Video of it activating
A Reddit post about it

However it appears that Ripen does not ""activate"" (even though it has no effect) on here and as in does not reveal itself as shown here
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1094790020

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Since you used Baneful Bunker, you moved first even though it failed, thus Bolt Beak's power wasn't doubled. Though he must have been some kind of weird spread, maybe Magnet Jolly :
252 Atk Magnet Dracozolt Bolt Beak (85 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 222-264 (73 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
It's not necessarily that weird. Scarf 252 Jolly would have also been in range of that.

I can confirm that the damage is within the expected range for the sets used.

So I'm not sure if there's anyway this can be fixed, but I'll post regardless.

So a lot of times I tend to use Showdown on mobile, and a lot of times what ends up happening is that when I have an ad on the front page, and I interact on other things like chatrooms or team builder, the ad will shift over the Format and Team buttons. It basically forces me to refresh everytime and I'm not sure if it's my phone that's bugging or what. It's just been such a common occurrence that I'd like to find out why it keeps happening.

Screenshot_20200411-205739.png

Screenshot_20200411-205858.png

Screenshot_20200119-205348.png

Screenshot_20200119-204928.png
Screenshot_20200411-004228.png
Screenshot_20200120-150306.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randomdoublesbattle-1095527753

On turn 4, right after my scarfed-ditto-turned-kommo got disabled, I couldn't dynamax with the ditto. Is that a bug? I was able to dynamax later and use two different moves with my scarfed-ditto-turned-kommo.
I believe this is an expected interaction. In-game, you can only Dynamax from the move selection screen - but the move selection screen is skipped outright if you can only use Struggle (unlike Showdown, where you have to select Struggle explicitly), so you can't Dynamax in that situation. Dynamaxing does bypass both Choice locks and Disable, which is why you were able to use two different moves later, but it can't be used to begin with if you have no valid moves. C:

When selecting an item, if you type to it shows toxic orb twice, even though when you add the x one disappears.
Just to explain why this happens (though whether it should be is a different story), "to" appears both in the name "Toxic orb" and in the description. "this item attempts to badly poison the user." So if you typed Tox, it filters out the description match, and if you typed "to b" it'll filter out the name match. I don't think it's a bug per se.

Hello,

In the "Gen 8, VGC2020" format, ever since the addition of Pokemon Home, illegal movesets are appearing in search for hundreds of different Pokemon.

So for example, when I search for the move "Roost", Togekiss shows up as a possible Pokemon that can learn it.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.59.59 PM.png

But when I add Togekiss to my team and attempt to give it the move Roost, it says it is "illegal", which it is.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.58.58 PM.png

The search function shouldn't show movesets that are illegal/impossible to learn within the legal format. Please fix this as it makes it very difficult to teambuild for new players who may not know every move that a pokemon can learn, thank you so much!

Reactions: pqs
Please refer to this replay - my question is about damage from an attack:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-1096132840

On turn 19 I question the damage that was possible with non-crit Flamethrower.
I am the player with Miltank; it is Thick Fat. I do a damage calc and the strongest that non-crit Flamethrower could possibly do to the Miltank w/ the EVs I had is 26.9 - 31.7% (charcoal +252) <-- But I am not sure what EVs thatTyphlosion had...but anyway.. how come it did 48.7%? I would think that is not possible. Am I forgetting something?

Sunny Day was up the turn before, but it faded at the end of that turn (Turn 18).
There was also at the end of turn 18 (after "harsh sunlight faded") the sequence where the Flygon fainted after Lefties , then Poison, and that led to Miltank coming out right at that point.

Just really damn curious if this is a glitch that had to do with the unusual things that Turn 18 had going on?

Thanks!

Woble edit: confirming that Thick Fat just didn't get applied for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
1586827124799.png
I appear to have Baton Passed not just Vaporeon's stat buffs, but its item (Octillery has Choice Band), ability (Octillery has Suction Cups), and raw stats as well.

I've noticed whilst playing doubles that Wandering Spirit doesn't activate when being hit by a teammates move? I'm confident this interaction works in-game so I was wondering if it was something that could be implemented at some point?
The example I can give is using Crawdaunt to Aqua Jet into Runerigus to give it Adaptability or Diggersby to U-turn into it to give Huge Power.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I've noticed whilst playing doubles that Wandering Spirit doesn't activate when being hit by a teammates move? I'm confident this interaction works in-game so I was wondering if it was something that could be implemented at some point?
The example I can give is using Crawdaunt to Aqua Jet into Runerigus to give it Adaptability or Diggersby to U-turn into it to give Huge Power.
Your Runerigus was probably Dynamaxed, which prevents Skill Swap effects like Wandering Spirit from triggering.

In VGC2020/Gen 8, Eject Button should not trigger Symbiosis. In the example below, Oranguru should not give its Weakness Policy to Weezing. I can provide videos from cartridge if necessary, however, this is stated on Bulbapedia as changed in gen 7.

The opposing Sylveon used Hyper Voice!
It's not very effective on Weezing.
(Weezing lost 22.1% of its health!)
(Oranguru lost 21.3% of its health!)
Weezing is switched out with the Eject Button!
[Oranguru's Symbiosis]
Oranguru shared its Weakness Policy with Weezing!

Just to explain why this happens (though whether it should be is a different story), "to" appears both in the name "Toxic orb" and in the description. "this item attempts to badly poison the user." So if you typed Tox, it filters out the description match, and if you typed "to b" it'll filter out the name match. I don't think it's a bug per se.
Oh ok.

I got a spikes kill when the opponent switched in Muk, and they then switched in Metagross. After Metagross came on the field, my Clefable didn't move at all. No text saying it was paralyzed or anything, just didn't get a turn. Are Pokemon allowed to move at all (for example, I used softboiled) after they get a spikes kill?

Gen 3 Random Battle Spikes Issue - Turn 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)