Breloom

Before release, a lot of people were saying that poison heal subpunch was still going to be the norm, but I rarely ever see that any more and Techniloom is EVERYWHERE.

slash in Rock Tomb next to Stone Edge, as it is only slightly less powerful after Technician, and usually allows you to follow up with Bullet Seed or Spore

Before release, a lot of people were saying that poison heal subpunch was still going to be the norm, but I rarely ever see that any more and Techniloom is EVERYWHERE.
Lol. But after sleep clause, what was that set going to do to Shadow Tag Shandera?

Techniloom is far superior being an amazing attacker, priority user, and revenge killer. Murders Doryuzu, Tyranitar, Darkrai (no Chople Berry), massive damage to Kyurem (but it can survive at full health), etc.

No Swords Dance/Spore/Mach Punch/Bullet Seed set? Breloom really loves Swords Dance.

Ermm, Techniloom is heavily overrated. It gets what, like 1 kill a match if that. It is a lot easier to revenge kill without Substitute, and it has problems with its frailty. My preferred set is the good old SubPunch set: Substitute, Focus Punch, Spore, Seed Bomb. Poison Heal + Toxic Orb lets it recover good chunks of damage off, and let's not forget that it is immune to status, a very important factor. What do you get with Techniloom? Priority. That's it. Poison Heal has more power (Focus Punch), a safety/prediction net (Substitute), status immunity (Toxic Orb), and doesn't have as many problems with residual damage.

EDIT: Rock Tomb is fantastic, that's a good idea masterful. Rock Tomb / Bullet Seed / Spore / Mach Punch would be my preferred set, honestly. Spam Rock Tomb on the switch, then hit it with another attack or put it to sleep. IIRC Rock Tomb OHKOs Shandera w/Stealth Rock.

I also think SubPunch is still a great set.

as it is only slightly less powerful after Technician
Slightly? 25 BP is a pretty big power loss. It's that same difference in power that makes people use Fire Blast over Flamethrower.

Shame Breloom cannot set-up screens
I don't really see why it's a shame. It wouldn't be a very fast or very bulky user of dual screens. Breloom has better things to do.

The biggest problem I've had with Technician Breloom is its lack of Speed and bulk. Its bulk is decent (60/80/60 isn't wonderful by any means, but still manageable), and Mach Punch somewhat solves the problem of Speed, but with such strong Psychic/Ghost-type Pokemon running through Dream World such as Lati@s and Shadow Tag Shandera, I don't see Breloom sweeping teams by itself.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Slightly? 25 BP is a pretty big power loss. It's that same difference in power that makes people use Fire Blast over Flamethrower.
Arguably more so, since it's a proportionately greater difference. The effect might make it arguably useful in some cases, but it's definitely not "only slightly less powerful."

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Techniloom is not going to be sweeping teams anytime soon. I agree that it will probably get like one kill per game (unless you're opponent is horrible at team building and bad at wifi battling). Because of spore breloom forces a lot of switches and that's what really wrecks your opponent in the long run (after the spore you get a sub up unless they stay in and wake up immediately after being put to sleep). Once you get your substitute up, that's when it starts to get fun. There's not much that can stop a breloom with a substitute up without being killed or taking a big chunk of damage. Finally, because of breloom's rather poor speed, substitute helps to sponge some of the hits he will undoubtedly be taking, and he can still dish out some decent damage at the same time. Also, on the substitute set you may consider consider using stone edge in place of one of your other moves (preferably seed bomb), because if you don't then shanderaa will wall you completely.

Techniloom is not going to be sweeping teams anytime soon. I agree that it will probably get like one kill per game (unless you're opponent is horrible at team building and bad at wifi battling). Because of spore breloom forces a lot of switches and that's what really wrecks your opponent in the long run (after the spore you get a sub up unless they stay in and wake up immediately after being put to sleep). Once you get your substitute up, that's when it starts to get fun. There's not much that can stop a breloom with a substitute up without being killed or taking a big chunk of damage. Finally, because of breloom's rather poor speed, substitute helps to sponge some of the hits he will undoubtedly be taking, and he can still dish out some decent damage at the same time. Also, on the substitute set you may consider consider using stone edge in place of one of your other moves (preferably seed bomb), because if you don't then shanderaa will wall you completely.
Techniloom can OHKO Doryuuzu, Darkrai, and pretty much anything that is weak to fighting, can use Spore and can use Rock Tomb to cripple switch-ins and KO Shandy. Tell me why that is not useful

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
He isn't really fast enough to pull off a sweep. I prefer to use breloom to cripple my opponent and let my other pokemon do the dirty work.

He isn't really fast enough to pull off a sweep. I prefer to use breloom to cripple my opponent and let my other pokemon do the dirty work.
while I tend to avoid a sweeping set with Loom, I must acknowledge that STAB and Technician-boosted priority offsets his less-than-stellar speed

I must admit that Technician Swords Dance/Mach Punch/Bullet Seed/Rock Tomb sounds cool.
It has two ways to get around its mediocre speed but it has to catch faster rock weak counters on the switch.

There are actually a bunch of options for the mushroom.
The 'problem' is that it would love to use more than four moves.
Sub has pretty good synergy with Mach Punch and Rock Tomb since it would be able to scout switches then pick off with either priority or 2HKO with RT after the speed drop.
That would leave Bullet Seed, Swords Dance or Spore vying for the last slot.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
How about scarfloom? Max speed with jolly is 393. Adamant/358 outspeeds base 113s and lower (jalorda, genies, latis, espeon, gengar, archeos...) Adamant can't outspeed step meloetta, darkrai, skymin and chillachino, but you don't want to fight skymin with breloom, and the others are all weak to techmach. Seems fast enough.

Breloom @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Technician

Spore
Ankle Sweep/Force Palm/Mach Punch
Bullet Seed
Stone Edge

I'm not sure how much damage stone edge will do to the latis, but they can be spored. You can run 236 speed for tornelos/voltolos, which is 240 EVs

394 attack and 354 speed + spore and 5 hits of bullet seed = win. I'm gonna start using this.

"Techmach." Sounds great. Brelooms new moniker maybe?

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Because of technician, a lot of breloom sets are starting to run rock tomb. What are some things that he can outrun after a rock tomb??

If I'm not mistaken +ve natured base 130s speed tie max speed Jolly Breloom after the speed drop.
If breloom is Adamant with max speed, +ve natured base 114s speed tie after the speed drop.

Breloom is a strange one. I've fallen in love with Techniloom, as it checks so many weather teams, as well as plenty of other things - it has so much utility and can handle tons of threats. I change my team alot, but Breloom is always there. I usually opt for a Focus Sash over anything else - being able to take a hit means it can usually strike right back or just Spore the opponent, and go for the kill with Mach Punch

At the same time, SubPunchToxicHeal is a total and absolute bastard. I hate it. I hate it as much as I hated its guts in Gen 4. People praise Techniloom but the sheer annoyance of its original set will easily resurge. If everyone starts using it again, I will cry.

well i was thinking loom could work with rohbushin since he and machamp were great partners on mono fighting last gen being the 2 highest attackers i think simmaler sync will work with rohbushin

i tried swords dance techniloom but it did very little for me so i switched to toxic heal sub punch with focus punch and seed bomb which did loads better, before switching to leech seed subpunch. oh my god this thing is good.

Spore-Slap - Technician
Breloom @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed Adamant/Jolly
~Spore
~Wake-Up Slap
~Bullet Seed
~Rock Tomb/Stone Edge

-Spore to set up for Wake-Up Slap.

-Bullet Seed after boosted by Technician is your STAB Grass move.

-Rock Tomb for Fires, Flyers, Icers and Bugs. Speed Debuff and a small chance for a Flinch. Always a great move. Damage is a little less then Stone Edge and can be a lot less damage when you figure in Stone Edges increased chance to crit.

-Wake-Up Slap with Technician goes from 60 BP to 90 BP and is also STAB increasing to 135 BP. Then double that damage when you use it on a sleeping enemy.

I could be wrong with Wake-Up Slap in that the BP goes from 60 BP to 120 BP due to the enemy being asleep thus canceling out Technician, but if it is calculated after Technician and STAB then it should be a 270 BP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)