Bouffa get in this tier!

Obviously by the title, you know what this team might bring...BOUFFALANT! Yes, the afro-american buffalo of Unova is making an appearance on this team in an effective way. Now, for the most part, this team is more fun than actually competetive, since I'm using a bouffalant in ou, but I think this team can do very well if played right.

The current team -

The rundown...

Afro-Bull - Brotha love - Black Guy/Bouffalant
Adamant - Choice Band - Sap Sipper
EV Spread - 252 HP, 252 Attk, 4 Sp.def
Megahorn
Head Charge
Wild Charge
Earthquake​

Bouffalant is kinda underated. By no means am I saying it's OU. It's not, but it's at least BL2/UU to me. Great bulk, great base attk, only one weakness in fighting, and Sap Sipper makes it a poke to have a free switch in. CB Bouffalant does enough damage to KO pokes without Reckless, and Sap Sipper allows it to go in against pokes like Breloom, who can only 2hko with drain punch, venusaur with eball/solarbeam or sleep power, and any pokes with HP grass. It also has great synergy with Gastrodon because of it's sap sipper ability. The downside to this is that Bouffalant has piss poor speed, but he definitely makes up for it in many other aspects.

Where ya curly mustache at? - Spinblocker - My tumor/Jellicent
Bold - Leftovers - Water Absorb
EV Spread - 248 HP, 216 Def, 44 Sp.def
Scald
Will-o-wisp
Recover
Taunt​

Standard set for jelly. Although this team only provides rocks as a hazard, predicting spins is very easy, which allows jellicent to get a free switch, which is a reoccuring theme in this team. Scald haxing over surf any day. Taunt is obvious, and will-o-wisp for those sweeping threats, like lucario and scizor. Also walls certain pokes well like tyranitar, heatran, ect.

Revenge killer - SD sweeper - Hard Body/Scizor
Adamant - Life Orb - Technician
EV Spread - 252 Attk, 252 HP, 4 Spe
Bullet Punch
Sword Dance
Superpower
Bug Bite​

Scizor is the revenge killer of this team, and takes care of threats that completely walls or sweeps this team, such as reuniclus, Gengar, alakazam, and Hydreigon. Since Bouffalant is my CB choice, I decided to go with Life Orb'd SD scizor, which has been working fine.

King of Weather - SubBoah - Dirt Mcgirt/Tyranitar
Naughty - Leftovers - Sand Stream
EV Spread - 252 HP, 176 Attk, 60 Sp.attk, 20 Spe
Substitute
Crunch
Fire Blast
Focus Punch

Boah Ttar is very oldschool and not common in the OU, which is exactly why I'm using it. Although I'm not a huge fan of the whole "unknown factor" of the game, which I find unskillful over smart, I feel that since Boah was very prevalent in 4th gen, it sure can work in 5th. The Ev's and nature are not the same compared to the original Boah set, as I gave it 176 attk over sp.attk, and gave it naughty nature rather than quiet to give it more speed. TTar boah also works well since a lot of pokes are forced to switch out of ttar, either for typing reasons, or for weather, which gives ttar a free sub. Also, ttar sand stream is just a counter for weather teams (besides the obvious sand stream mirror).

Wishmaker - Wish/SR set up/ Serene grace hax - Celebi(Nickname)/Jirachi
Careful - Leftovers - Serene Grace
EV Spread - 252 HP, 224 Sp.Def, 32 Spe
Wish
Body Slam
Iron Head
Stealth Rock

Jirachi is a good wall for this team. Takes a lot of pokes and probably has one of the most annoying abilities in the game, Serene Grace! I can't tell you guys how many times I've won a game out of my butt by getting the parahax with body slam and serene grace flinching multiple times in a row. Wish is obvious. I tried the wish protect set, but it was awful. 32 spe ev's to outspeed standard wall jirachi and other walls.

Special Sweeper - Water drinkin' foo - Asstrodon/Gastrodon
Modest - Choice Specs - Water Absorb
EV Spread - 240 HP, 252 Sp.Attk, 16 Sp.def
Ice Beam
Surf
Hidden Power (Grass)
Earth Power

Stab Earth Power/Surf with choice specs, can go very well in rain and sandstorm, fantastic typing, great synergy with Bouffalant...Why not have it on this team? Water Absorb and ground typing counters Choice Rotom W. It has enough bulk to live certain hits, and again, great synergy with Bouffalant to take grass moves. Decent move pool as well. Nuff said​

Welp..that's my team. Now, when rating this team, please don't suggest getting rid of Bouffalant, as he's the theme of the team. If there's no Bouffalant, I wouldn't even make this team. Please give me suggestions on different sets, walls, natures, spreads, ect. All criticism is accepted but please be respectful, as usual :D. Thank you!

The team might not be the best but it has a surprisingly awesome good synergie. You can switch around a lot to neutralizise the opponents attacks that gives you a lot of synergie. I like that.
Be careful about opposing fighting type tokemon. Once jelly is knocked out you could have a very hard time. But I'm sure you can manage this if playing correctly.
All in all this team does not need a spinblocker, as you already said yourself you only have stealth rocks on your team so I would either suggest running more entry hazards support because you will like that additional damage.
If I were you I would replace Gastrodon with Tentacruel. That can lay out Toxic Spikes and also spin away opposing entry hazards. It could also be your special defensive wall. It is surprisingly fast and has a good bulk with decent attack. I don't understand why Tyranitar is in this team, he is good, but why do you run it? If you only run it to negate the opposing weather I would suggest to replace it with Skarmory. That can lay out Spikes, roar away opposing pokemon for massive amount of entry hazards damage. (Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes).

The team might not be the best but it has a surprisingly awesome good synergie. You can switch around a lot to neutralizise the opponents attacks that gives you a lot of synergie. I like that.
Be careful about opposing fighting type tokemon. Once jelly is knocked out you could have a very hard time. But I'm sure you can manage this if playing correctly.
All in all this team does not need a spinblocker, as you already said yourself you only have stealth rocks on your team so I would either suggest running more entry hazards support because you will like that additional damage.
If I were you I would replace Gastrodon with Tentacruel. That can lay out Toxic Spikes and also spin away opposing entry hazards. It could also be your special defensive wall. It is surprisingly fast and has a good bulk with decent attack. I don't understand why Tyranitar is in this team, he is good, but why do you run it? If you only run it to negate the opposing weather I would suggest to replace it with Skarmory. That can lay out Spikes, roar away opposing pokemon for massive amount of entry hazards damage. (Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes).
As you stated, the synergy in this team is very strong, which I thank you for, but If I take out Gastrodon for tentacruel, I won't have that same amount of synergy. Tentacruel is a sp.wall but that would leave me without a purely strong synergy and a special sweeper in Gastrodon. Though, I'm considering taking out Jellicent.Tyranitar is on this team to stop opposing weather, as I stated, and because it's a decent counter to many other pokes. Just because my team doesn't play around sand does not mean tyranitar is unnecessary. Plus, if I added tentacruel and skarmory, that would be 3 pokemon who are weak to electric, and as you stated regarding jellicent, once gastrodon's gone, I'll have a huge problem against thunders and hp electrics, especially now that you suggested taking out ttar. Thanks for the advice, but no thanks

OK, here are some ideas that could help you.

#1: On Scizor, consider replacing bug bite with Roost. If you're running Max HP with Life Orb then roosting off that life orb damage is always good. Also, this means that Scizor can live long enough to sweep entire teams, but without roost life orb damage and getting battered by the opponents attack will take its toll.

#2: On Jirachi, consider protect over Stealth Rocks. Now, I'll explain why to cut Stealth rocks later but for you should get protect because i'll let Jirachi get assured recovery. This is good because when running bulky Jirachi you should strive to live as long as long as possible, parahaxing and flinching as many pokemon as possible. I've used this moves before with great success, and you can also get some free points from rage quits ;P.

#3: Because Jirachi no longer has Stealth Rocks, you need something else to spread them. So I propose changing your T-tar set to this.

Tyranitar
Impish/Adamant - Leftovers - Sand Stream
EV Spread - 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
~ Stealth Rock
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Superpower

Nature is dependent on whether you want damage or bulk. Stealth Rocks is why you are using this set in the first place. Pursuit traps any psychics that comes out. Crunch is for reliable STAB, however if you want to retain a move from the old set I'd recommend getting rid of that over other moves, finally superpower is just to hit hard and has brilliant coverage with your two dark moves.

This set is T-tars Specially Defensive set in the analysis but with defensive EV's and nature over the Special D because you already have heaps of special and your looks like it lacks psychical bulkiness.

EDIT: I still think you need rocks, so if you took about Jirachi then I'd recommend running my T-tar set.

OK, here are some ideas that could help you.

#1: On Scizor, consider replacing bug bite with Roost. If you're running Max HP with Life Orb then roosting off that life orb damage is always good. Also, this means that Scizor can live long enough to sweep entire teams, but without roost life orb damage and getting battered by the opponents attack will take its toll.

#2: On Jirachi, consider protect over Stealth Rocks. Now, I'll explain why to cut Stealth rocks later but for you should get protect because i'll let Jirachi get assured recovery. This is good because when running bulky Jirachi you should strive to live as long as long as possible, parahaxing and flinching as many pokemon as possible. I've used this moves before with great success, and you can also get some free points from rage quits ;P.

#3: Because Jirachi no longer has Stealth Rocks, you need something else to spread them. So I propose changing your T-tar set to this.

Tyranitar
Impish/Adamant - Leftovers - Sand Stream
EV Spread - 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
~ Stealth Rock
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Superpower

Nature is dependent on whether you want damage or bulk. Stealth Rocks is why you are using this set in the first place. Pursuit traps any psychics that comes out. Crunch is for reliable STAB, however if you want to retain a move from the old set I'd recommend getting rid of that over other moves, finally superpower is just to hit hard and has brilliant coverage with your two dark moves.

This set is T-tars Specially Defensive set in the analysis but with defensive EV's and nature over the Special D because you already have heaps of special and your looks like it lacks psychical bulkiness.
Decent advice. I'll consider it, though I have to argue about Scizor replacing Bug Bite with roost. The whole point of having scizor is to revenge kill and take care of walls like Reuniclus, Xatu, Espeon, and so on. It's also for pokes like Gengar and Alakazam, as they completely destroy my team. Bug Bite is necessary and I've actually taken out Jirachi for Vaporeon for my wish support to help out my pokes to regain their HP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)