Boring Title (OU RMT)

Hi, this is my very first RMT. It is meant to play off the many immunities and resistances that it has. Well, here it is:

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Adamant nature, 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Meteor Mash
~ Bullet Punch
~ Earthquake

This guy is my lead. He sets up Stealth Rock for my team, then he can Pursuit lead Azelfs, doing serious damage whether it switches or not. It EQs lead Heatrans and other Metagross, but the first will probably end in me switching to my own Heatran. Meteor Mash is for STAB, but I'm thinking about replacing it with Bullet Punch.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Timid nature, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
~Thunderbolt
~HP Ice
~Shadow Ball
~Signal Beam

My special sweeper. It has amazing speed and power with Choice Specs.
Thunderbolt is for STAB, HP Ice has great coverage with Thunderbolt, and Shadow Ball and Signal Beam round out the coverage. This guy also is one of my electric absorbers for Gyarados and Vaporeon.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Naive nature, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Atk
~Fire Blast
~HP Grass
~Earth Power
~Explosion

This is my other Special Sweeper and my Fire absorber. He takes the Fire attacks aimed at Metagross and hits the Pokemon hard. Fire Blast is for STAB, HP Grass for Swampert, Earth Power for othe Heatran coming in, and Explosion for Blissey.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Modest nature, 184 HP,252 Def,6 Sp. Atk, 68 Spd
~Wish
~Surf
~Protect
~HP Electric

My Wish Passer and Water absorber. This guy takes water attacks aimed at Heatran and hits that (usually Water) Pokemon hard with HP Electric.
Surf is for STAB, and Ice Beam goes nicely with HP Electric.

Electivire @ Life Orb
Adamant nature, 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
~Thunderpunch
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake
~Cross Chop

My physical sweeper. This guy takes an Electric attack aimed at Vaporeon or Gyarados and sweeps with +1 Speed. Not really much else to say about him.

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Jolly nature, 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Bounce
~Earthquake

This guy is my other physical sweeper. I usually send him out before Electivire or Jolteon to take full advantage of his 4x weakness to Electric.
He basically DDances and sweeps. He also is my Ground absorber for Heatran and Metagross.

So that's it. Please share your comments.

Changes are in bold.

i have a couple of suggestions.

Metagross: Change item to occa berry (fire resist) and change pursuit to bullet punch, this is a good idea because against azelf you can use meteor mash first then finish with bullet punch.

jolteon: you might want to change hp-ice to hp-grass because of your big swampert weakness, but thats a matter of preference

Heatran: i would try to fit substitute on your moveset somewhere either for explosion or hp grass, substitute gives you a good safety net for your heatran

Vaporeon: might want to change ice beam to protect for good healing on vaporeon, again a matter of prefeence

Electivire: you could change life orb to expert belt if you dont like the recoil

Gyrados: i would change item to lum berry because it can net you a free DD sometimes, you could change nature to adamant for more power after a DD. Lastly you could change earthquake to stone edge again matter of preference

Oh and work on your weakness to ground four of your pokemon are weak to it, a good pokemon for your team would be a rotom form, they are neutral to grass and have an immunity to ground, you might want to replace electivire for a rotom form. Plus the rotoms are good special attackers and have good bulk and add synergy to your team! May i suggest a sub charge rotom for your team?

Good luck :)

Well first of all great team, (although u could use a tad more details in the descriptions) my personal team plays very similarly, the link is in my signiture. What i first notice about the team is that theres 4 members weak to ground, tyranitar or Choice scarf flygon could really mess up your team if your not carefull.

Ill begin with metagross. He is very popular lead now a days and i see why you would use him. However as a lead he should run [252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe with an adament nature. Occa berry garentees that he survives at least one fire type move, something leads often carry. Also theres no priorty moves on the team whatsover so Metagross carrying bullet punch could really help you out instead of meteor mash.

Jolteon is personally one of my favorite pokemon and i use an identical set, despite most using HP grass and baton pass.

As for heatran he looks good, and although not the best counter he covers your obvious swampert weakness. I do suggest to put the leftover 6 EV's in attack though, as it makes the most out of your explosion.

After reading through your hole team i see that there are 3 pokemon with the bolt beam combo and although its nice it isnt nesscary. So on vaporeon i first suggest replacing either HP electric or Ice beam for Protect. It insures a garenteed recovery for vaporeon alowing you to even stall opponents out. Next i suggest that you move the 252 SpA Evs into Defence. and move 68 of the HP EV's into Speed to make vaporeon faster and make your HP stat devisible by 16 while still providing a lot of bulk.

Electivire is on the brink of bieng UU for a couple of reasons one being that whithout a motor drive boost. With jolteon on the team there really is no reason for electivire to be there as the rest of your team has the same coverage he has bar cross chop. Consider what other sweeper you could replace him with, my suggestion for a physical sweeper is Choice band Scizor THE most used pokemon in the metagame and for good reason, amazing coverage bulkyness defences and attack stat. It can single handly win matches.

I see nothing wrong with gyarados as he serves as a stat booster ground imunity and an excellent sweeper overall. In short a very good team that could use some tweaks is all.

Good luck!

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I see a massive Earthquake weakness. Earthquake hits Metagross, Heatran (4x), Jolteon and Electivire super-effective, Gyarados can't repeatedly take the move most often used with it and Vaporeon is falling sometime. You should definetely make Gyarados a Bulky - Gyara, put Scizor over Jolteon (you said you wanted it right?) and make Azelf your lead - it is immune to Ground, which is incredibly valuable, and sets up SR quickly.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

SD Lucario (Stone Edge)

How to fix:

Good team, a GyaraVire..glad to see it back. Well anyways I won't talk too much, but Lucario with Stone Edge will trouble you for sure. Openings? there are many, Signal Beam / Shadow Ball from Jolteon and forcing Heatran to switch-out. My first suggestion is placing Life Orb on Jolteon, which is generally a better version for Choice Spcecs. It allows you to freely attack and hurt Latias weakened with Thunderbolt following up Shadow Ball. Also prevents Lucario from setting up. The moveset is Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Grass / Charge Beam / Shadow Ball. This is a great set, Charge Beam has 60% rate to boost your SpA attack, as such you can use it when you want to hit something you would force a switch-out on or something weakened. With the SpA boost, you practically have a Choice Specs + Life orb under your belt. As for Lucario weakness, def. give a Rotom-H a go:

Rotom-H
@ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature (Spe+ / Atk-)
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick

Usually the best choice for countering Lucario, and rightfully so. Also adds another Ground-immunity which is crucial. Place this over Vaporeon. Basically on a SD, you can switch-in easily and Overheat it to death. Since Vaporeon plays a similar trait to Rotom, checking Gyarados. DD on a switch and you can use Thunderbolt to kill it. Shadow Ball kills Latias mainly, who will attempt to kill you. Trick is a weapon vs. Stall team which will screw them for sure, helping your sweepers. overall gl with this.

If you are going to Keep Electivire I suggest using the mixed attaker set. Its way more useful and less easily walled (yet for an odd reason that is just about the only electivire set out right now). You can find a good set at smogon in the stratagy dex or as EvilWeavile suggested get rid of it for something a bit more useful. Maybe another Flyer/levitator to take on your noticeable EQ weakness, or you could try out the CB Scizor set (everyone does eventually).

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi! =)

The first thing that I notice about your team is your lack of type diversity. MixMence fucks your team up awfully, OHKOing four of the pokemon on your team (the other two are easily 2HKOed). Seeing as MixMence is one of the most dominant forces in OU, you definitely need a way to combat this weakness. I would suggest changing either Jolteon or Electivire (as you really dont need two electric absorbers) to Life Orb Gengar. Here is the set:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Speed, -Attack)
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Focus Blast

Life Orb Gengar is a perfect fit for your team, sporting the ability to switch in on a MixMence Earthquake, and OHKO with Hidden Power Ice. It is also an extremely powerful sweeper in its own right; in a recent poll, Life Orb Gengar was found to be the second most threatening late game sweeper in OU (the first being SD Lucario). Levitate combined with ghost typing allows Gengar thousands of free switches, as Gengar is immune to normal, fighting, and ground type moves. Shadow Ball is powerful STAB and allows you to 2HKO almost everything neutral to it. Thunderbolt is great against bulky waters, 2HKOing Vaporeon and Suicune, and scoring a OHKO on Gyarados. Hidden Power Ice allows you to come in on an Earthquake from the likes of Flygon and Salamence, and OHKO. Foucs Blast is a powerful (albeit inaccurate) move in Gengar's aresenal, OHKOing Magnezone, Empoleon, Heatran, and Steelix. I suggest that you try out this set, as it fits in flawlessly with the rest of your team.

I hope I helped, and good luck! =)

One thing I noticed. Run Batton Pass on Jolt in place of Signal Beam. Signal Beam is ONLY hitting Celebi which already takes plenty of damage from Shadow ball. Dry passing lets you scout for Jolteons counters early in the game which is useful due to his choice item. Also might want to run Lefties on Gyara which works well with Bounce.

Good Luck.

EDIT:
Usually the best choice for countering Lucario, and rightfully so. Also adds another Ground-immunity which is crucial. Place this over Vaporeon.
If he removes Vaporeon he is leaving himself open to Infernape and Heatran with Gyarados being the only pokemon that can switch in and sr lowers the amount of times it can do that. If anything, I would run it in place of Electivire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)