Bonnaroo.

http://www.bonnaroo.com/

Bonnaroo is a 3 day long concert in Manchester, TN featuring many many bands.

I was basically wondering if anyone has been or has had interest in going. A friend and I are going this year and I just cant be more excited.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
It makes sense that it's in such a central location, but DAMN... Tennessee is a long ways away. I would love to go (even if just to see Triumph the Insult Comic Dog).

Bonnaroo is an awesome music festival, i wish i could go. Too far and expensive for me. Though i will be working at the Rothbury music festival. :naughty:

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
This is one of the best lineups I've ever seen.

If any of you have ever had the urge to fly me to Tennessee, June would be a good time.

it would also be a 10~11 hour drive for me, but theres no one there i would feel the need to travel to see that i haven't seen before (Phish, Coheed & Cambria, Amadou & Mariam, Nine Inch Nails). then factor in that its $200+ per ticket, the travel expenses AND that i would have to ask off from work for 4~5 days, i just can't see a reason for me to go.

I had been a couple times in the past, and several local grassroots music festivals, but personally I don't like the way Bonnaroo has turned in the last few years. It's gone the way of Lollopalooza, where jackasses like Kanye West can go in there and start talking shit about Phil Lesh who is pretty much the fucking heart and soul of a scene like that. just venting

Sounds like a great line up. Though there is a lack of big names I would want to see, there are literally dozens of middle and low names on the poster. Very surprised seeing Phish and Beastie Boys on the poster!

I also got my own music festival down here in southern California in 15 days: COACHELLA! Only going one day, but that one day is packed with so many great things, like Beirut, Black Keys, Leonard Cohen, Franz Ferdinand, a hell of a lot of electronica, and to top it all off Paul McCartney.

If it's your first time, remember to DRINK A LOT OF WATER, if a band you wanted to see isn't impressing you, see something else, because you're bound to find something amazing, it's not as hard as you think getting a good spot for bands, and to meet a lot of people. You meet some of the coolest, most colorful people at festivals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)