Doubles Blastoise

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The best Generation 1 starter btw

Blastoise @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Follow Me
- Flip Turn
- Toxic / Helping Hand

Thanks to its good bulk and valuable utility moves, Blastoise shines as a support Pokemon that is able to handle metagame staples such as Genesect. Fake Out + Follow Me allows Blastoise to disrupt foes while enabling partners like Nasty Plot Spectrier and Dragon Dance Zygarde to safely set up and start their offensive onslaught. Flip Turn lets Blastoise create and retain momentum, while the fourth moveslot is flexible and has a couple of neat options. Toxic is a useful tool to wear down problematic foes like Zapdos and opposing Zygarde, whereas Helping Hand empowers a teammate's attack, helping shore up Blastoise's weak offensive presence. Blastoise is best paired with offensive Pokemon such as the aforementioned Spectrier and Heatran that appreciate it redirecting attacks with Follow Me; in return, the former can pummel Mew, while the latter is able to handle Grass-types like Kartana and Rillaboom.

Last edited:

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd probably include options beyond Toxic, maybe do Toxic / Helping Hand there? If nothing else just mention that the 4th slot has a few good options. Otherwise looks good, QC 1/1

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add (AC=Add comma) Remove
GP 1/1
Blastoise @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Follow Me
- Flip Turn
- Toxic / Helping Hand

Thanks to its good defensive bulk and valuable utility moves, Blastoise shines as a support Pokemon that is able to handle metagame staples such as Genesect. The combination of Fake Out + Follow Me allows Blastoise to disrupt foes while enabling partners like Nasty Plot Spectrier and Dragon Dance Zygarde to safely set up and start their offensive onslaught. Flip Turn lets Blastoise establish create and retain momentum,(AC) while the fourth moveslot is flexible and has a couple of neat options. Toxic is a useful tool to wear down problematic foes like Zapdos and opposing Zygarde, whereas Helping Hand empowers a teammate's attack, helping shore up Blastoise's weak offensive presence. Blastoise is best paired with offensive Pokemon such as the aforementioned Spectrier and Heatran that appreciate it redirecting attacks with Follow Me; in return, the former can pummel Mew,(AC) while the latter is able to handle Grass-types like Kartana and Rillaboom.

• Love
Reactions: DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)